Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
mrsc08 said:
Hi there! You are on implied status wether what came first, the expiration of whatever immigration doc you have or the submission of your PR app with OWP.

The only difference now is since you said you're on a tight budget, personally I will and I have submitted an app for a change of status from worker to visitor, that way you wouldn't have to worry about any medical bill on case any accidents happen (Knock on wood), I only had to shed $75 for an extension. I'm not sure what province you reside but like cirene said, the only way you can extend your health coverage is when you have a valid immigration documents (implied status not honoured) like work permit for Alberta and if you're here as a visitor. If you hold a visitor visa, all you need to show them is a proof that you have filed for PR.. So the receipt or the AOR. So far, from what I've read in one of the members' post, he applied for a visitor visa and was granted a year. I guess it's because of how long step 1 is taking.

For your case, in my understanding, you lost your status before you submitted your PR app or something? I think yes you would need to restore and apply at the same time for an extension. You can double check with the call Center agents to be sure. :)
I'm not too worried about health care as my parents purchased me a private health care so in case something happens I got that to rely on, I just want to make sure that I'm not doing something I'm not supposed to by not restoring my status since it ran out August 9th. We did send an OWP along with our application so I'm guessing its all fine. What about the thing they say now how if one has an eligible sponsor then one don't need to apply to stay as a visitor or something like that.. So weird! I find so many things confusing! But thanks, helps me relax for sure :)

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
Line.a said:
I'm not too worried about health care as my parents purchased me a private health care so in case something happens I got that to rely on, I just want to make sure that I'm not doing something I'm not supposed to by not restoring my status since it ran out August 9th. We did send an OWP along with our application so I'm guessing its all fine. What about the thing they say now how if one has an eligible sponsor then one don't need to apply to stay as a visitor or something like that.. So weird! I find so many things confusing! But thanks, helps me relax for sure :)
If you sent your OWP with your application before August 9th you'll be in implied status until you get your AIP :) You should get an email from CIC soon saying that they will issue the OWP when they approve your AIP and you have implied status while you wait!!! :)

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
Cirene said:
If you sent your OWP with your application before August 9th you'll be in implied status until you get your AIP :) You should get an email from CIC soon saying that they will issue the OWP when they approve your AIP and you have implied status while you wait!!! :)
The OWP was sent with the inland app before I got my visitor extension so I was already on implied status waiting for the change of conditions of your stay or whatever it's called so it still applies? :)

- IEC visa expired 12/02/13
- Vegreville received the app around the 15/02/13
- applied for the change condition of your stay app on 10/02/13
- got the extension in mail on around 14/04/13
- the extension ran out on 09/08/13

mrsc08

Star Member
May 26, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2013
Doc's Request.
09-01-2014
AOR Received.
21-03-2013
Med's Request
09-01-2014
Med's Done....
20-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
AIP: 23-03-2014
Cirene said:
Will they mail/email an applicant regarding a submitted application of OWP? I haven't received anything. The only thing we received is the AOR which they sent to my husband via email in March. Should I be worried?

mrsc08

Star Member
May 26, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2013
Doc's Request.
09-01-2014
AOR Received.
21-03-2013
Med's Request
09-01-2014
Med's Done....
20-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
AIP: 23-03-2014
So I was just reading the inland 2012 thread and I'm happy to share to everyone that upon reading the last 5 pages, CIC has processed applicants from November 1, 2012. Some of them even received AIP and DM at the same time :)

jayshe25

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville,AB Transfer to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
30-08-2013
File Transfer...
01-03-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
28-10-2014
Interview........
March 16, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 16, 2015
LANDED..........
March 16, 2015
Cirene said:
No problem, we are here to help and support eachother, this whole process is crazy.

If you apply for an OWP you have "Implied Status" until you get your AIP but with that status you cannot get your Health Care Card activated. What I did was that I applied for a "Extension as a visitor" and "OWP with my PR application" so I could have a "Status in Hand"

If you are going to apply for an extension the form gives you the liberty to put from which date to another you want to stay in Canada (I put I wanted an extension for a full year) and you should write in a different sheet of paper that the main reason why are you doing this is because you and your partner are in the whole process of Sponsoring a Spouse / Common-law within Canada and you would like to have a status in hand.
Could i do the same thing, I am from Montreal Quebec. Thank you

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
So STILL no AOR, though they rec’d mine Aug.14. I have now seen ppl who applied in Sept getting their AOR’s :(

I am really worried there is something wrong.

When I called (about 2 weeks ago?) the woman told me to wait another week and I should get it.

This morning when I called I got one of those useless ones who doesn’t know much. She asked why I was expecting anything when they are only processing Oct. 2012 Applications. I explained again I am waiting for AOR not AIP. She repeated the same thing. So then I told her that I know applicants from August AND Sept. have received AOR’s already. She sounded all suspicious and asked how I know this. I told her about the forum. She put me on hold and came back and said in an annoyed voice that only Applicants who sent their files prior to Aug.26 would have AORs. I responded, ok, well ours was rec’d Aug.14th…. She got all flustered and didn’t really make much sense.

Saying that just because they open it doesn’t mean they will send an AOR…..

Wow….thanks for the help ::)

Think I will call this afternoon if I can and try to get someone who knows a bit more what they are talking about….

Because if their official date for AOR processing is Aug.26th….and we see here on the forum ppl from Sept getting theirs…..

What could be wrong with mine? I wonder why I am not getting AOR? I am so worried now, because of some of the “issues” that are beyond the norm for our Application….*sigh*

Rita27

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Visa Office......
Vergeville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
AOR Received.
29-04-2013
Med's Done....
15-03-2013
is there a spreadsheet for us ??? (2013)

Happywife08

Dec 19, 2012
Category........
Ok Guys I am starting to freak out.

I have posted before here that when I go to my ecas nothing shows up and I figured it was because they haven't started working on it but then some people who filed after me their ecas it's working.

I don't know what to think and I have never been able to get through the call centre.

I filed mine in March

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
New processing time posted on website!!

At least it is moving now...

From Oct.21 to Oct.29 in 1 week....not to shabby....

Now if only they can send me my &*(^% AOR!!! :mad:

Happywife08

Dec 19, 2012
Category........
Happywife08 said:
Ok Guys I am starting to freak out.

I have posted before here that when I go to my ecas nothing shows up and I figured it was because they haven't started working on it but then some people who filed after me their ecas it's working.

I don't know what to think and I have never been able to get through the call centre.

I filed mine in March

Guys right after I posted this I went to my Ecas AGAIN and there it was for the first time my ecas worked...... :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
It says
Sponsorship
We received your application to sponsor xxxxxxx xxxxxxx xxxxxx xxxx on March 5, 2013.

We started processing your application on March 14, 2013.

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
Happywife08 said:
Guys right after I posted this I went to my Ecas AGAIN and there it was for the first time my ecas worked...... :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
It says
Sponsorship
We received your application to sponsor xxxxxxx xxxxxxx xxxxxx xxxx on March 5, 2013.

Yaaa!! Glad some ppl are having some success..... :D

Well maybe if I call back this afternoon I will have better luck with a more helpful & knowledgeable CIC rep.....

niks1

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
AOR Received.
13-03-2013
LANDED..........
27-03-2014
Happywife08 said:
It says
Sponsorship

Hi Happywife08,

Your PR timeline and my PR timeline is exactly the same. Mine was received on March 4th and they started processing it on March 14th. Still few more months to go before we get our AIP's.

Niks1

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
mrsc08 said:
Will they mail/email an applicant regarding a submitted application of OWP? I haven't received anything. The only thing we received is the AOR which they sent to my husband via email in March. Should I be worried?
No, you should not be worried at all. The important thing is that you are legal in Canada and you got your AOR and now they are processing applications received in Oct 29 2012 :D hehe.

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
jayshe25 said:
Could i do the same thing, I am from Montreal Quebec. Thank you
Hi there, I'm not so sure about Quebec but you should call a registry and ask them if with your current status you are eligible to apply for Health Care.