Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2013
AOR Received.
20-11-2013
QuebecOkie said:
Does he not have a pay statement from work? I really don't know how much you have to show to CIC, or if a one month statement from the bank will be sufficient.
No... Before this he was an independent contractor for roofing and things like that and no pay stubs for that just cash. :/

Anyone?

RRSweet

Star Member
Aug 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
AOR Received.
22-08-2013
Med's Request
sent with app
Med's Done....
10-07-2013
Interview........
AIP: August 8, 2014 OWP Received August 15, 2014 Decision Made: Jan. 26, 2015
LANDED..........
12-02-2015
Hey guys,

FYI - I've seen a lot of people express that you cannot get a health card until you have an OWP or AIP.That indeed may be true in some provinces. However, for anyone that is from Nova Scotia you can receive a health card as soon as you send your application in to CIC. Many people are unaware of this, but we happened to know a lady that works at the office where my husband got his medical done. She informed us to pay our fees and keep our canada post sending form and take it all to the MSI (health care) location and apply. We did just that! Showed all of our documents that we have submitted for permanent residence and our marriage certificate and my husband received the card that same day. He has visited the doctor and hospital and has paid nothing :)

missboon

Star Member
Jan 13, 2012
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2013
AOR Received.
20-11-2013
missboon said:
No... Before this he was an independent contractor for roofing and things like that and no pay stubs for that just cash. :/

Anyone?
Do I put 'visiting' for the extension or 'move there' ? :-[

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Question,

Once I have sent my inland PR application with my OWP at the end of October when will I receive my AIP?

I understand AIP is the document which you can show your current Employer as proof so they know that you have applied for PR..? Or is there anyone document

Surely It cant take that long from applying can it?

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
I believe you're thinking of AOR (acknowledgement of receipt). AIP is approval in principle, stage one approval, and that's when your OWP should be issued, if you sent the OWP application in with your PR application.

As with everything, CIC is very inconsistent with AOR. It can arrive in just a few weeks, or it can take months. We got AIP about three months after my application was received.

Rita27

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Visa Office......
Vergeville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
AOR Received.
29-04-2013
Med's Done....
15-03-2013
any news for at least early 2013 applicants? :(

salsal31

Star Member
Jun 15, 2011
Rita27 said:
any news for at least early 2013 applicants? :(
No news for 2013 applicants yet, if we are lucky it might be end of December or early January. It sucks, I want to visit my family so bad but I cant, thought we would be spending christmas together. If we are lucky, it might be next christmas. I am glad that cic is now processing the 2012 applicants, slowly but surely they will eventually process the 2013 applications.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
missboon said:
Do I put 'visiting' for the extension or 'move there' ? :-[
No, when extending any kind of 'temporary' anything, don't list 'moving there' as the reason you want to extend. Temporary visas, visitor records and the like are all meant to be temporary. A move is permanent ;)

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
We had the choice of paying half of the immigration fee and wait and pay the other half later, when would it be ideal to do that?

CANUSA31

Star Member
Dec 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2013
AOR Received.
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
05-01-2013
can someone give a brief summary of any progress for me. University started up for me and I haven't been able to read as much.

For 2012 applicants are AIP's coming in? Any in November yet? Thanks.

missboon

Star Member
Jan 13, 2012
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2013
AOR Received.
20-11-2013
Alurra71 said:
No, when extending any kind of 'temporary' anything, don't list 'moving there' as the reason you want to extend. Temporary visas, visitor records and the like are all meant to be temporary. A move is permanent ;)
Thank you very much! I don't know what I would do without this forum. :-* I know most question's asked on applications are just basic questions ::) - I feel at the same time they are trick questions at the same :p :-\

tica1008

Star Member
Jun 10, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-18-2014
AOR Received.
08-07-2014
Med's Done....
June 2015 got them redone Police Certificate: Sent with application OWP: Sent with application
Interview........
30-09-2015
LANDED..........
30-09-2015
Hello Everyone!!!!
I understand the frustation with CIC. I just became a pr in march after 2 years of waiting and my application being "lost" by CIC. Now that Im back in Canada (I fell in love while waiting back home in Costa Rica ) I brought my wonderful fiancee here and we got married in Calgary on september 2 we are sending his pr application at the beggining of october.
I have a question.
On the forms it asks for my name in my passport which is my maiden name but all of my ids are changed to my married name. I called CIC and the agent said to put my maiden name as its the one showing in my passport but write a letter explaining the names. But i forgot to ask him. How do I sign?
Do I sign with my married name or my maiden name?\

Now as happy as I am to be Mrs. Hubby I wish i hadnt there is too much complication.

Can anybody help please?

New wife confused.... ???

mrsc08

Star Member
May 26, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2013
Doc's Request.
09-01-2014
AOR Received.
21-03-2013
Med's Request
09-01-2014
Med's Done....
20-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
AIP: 23-03-2014
Line.a said:
I extended my stay online the night before my one year work visa ran out and got the confirmation few minutes later. So I figured I was on implied status from there on until I hear back from them. So when I finally got the extension in my mail I was a bit annoyed how they only gave me until August 9th this year but I've asked a fair amount of people even before August and all said that having a pending OWP gives you implied status and therefore, when it runs out (August 9th 2013) I don't need to do anything but wait until I get AIP. But I just don't get it because on the actual extension I got in my mail said I needed to extend it again a month before it expires and the other thing I am in doubt about is the fact that I was on implied status when Vegreville received the OWP and PR app so I'm worried that they expect me to restore/extend my stay.

We have very little money and $200 is something that is next to impossible to pay for right now unfortunately.. We make it easy with food, rent and such but we certainly don't have any extra money to spare.. Sad but true (I can't wait to start working oh my goodness) :)

Thanks for your feed back by the way I appreciate it!
Hi there! You are on implied status wether what came first, the expiration of whatever immigration doc you have or the submission of your PR app with OWP.

The only difference now is since you said you're on a tight budget, personally I will and I have submitted an app for a change of status from worker to visitor, that way you wouldn't have to worry about any medical bill on case any accidents happen (Knock on wood), I only had to shed $75 for an extension. I'm not sure what province you reside but like cirene said, the only way you can extend your health coverage is when you have a valid immigration documents (implied status not honoured) like work permit for Alberta and if you're here as a visitor. If you hold a visitor visa, all you need to show them is a proof that you have filed for PR.. So the receipt or the AOR. So far, from what I've read in one of the members' post, he applied for a visitor visa and was granted a year. I guess it's because of how long step 1 is taking.

For your case, in my understanding, you lost your status before you submitted your PR app or something? I think yes you would need to restore and apply at the same time for an extension. You can double check with the call Center agents to be sure. :)

Rita27

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Visa Office......
Vergeville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
AOR Received.
29-04-2013
Med's Done....
15-03-2013
can someone post our spreadsheet here?
Hopefully we will be getting some action here!!! sooner than later :-[

missboon

Star Member
Jan 13, 2012
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2013
AOR Received.
20-11-2013
Alurra71 said:
So for those of you who extended your stay ....I just want to make sure I'm checking the right box off. I've been here for six months. So do I check off restoration of temporary status as a visitor or extension of temporary status? I don't think it's the third one which is initial temporary resident permit or extension of temporary permit :'( It's these little thing's I don't quite understand. Am I a temporary resident by being a 'visitor'? :-\ :'(