27-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-04-2013
Med's Request
15-01-2014
Med's Done....
17-01-2014
missboon said:
So it takes almost 60 days to get approval for a visitor extension? while waiting to hear a decision on your extension are you considered to be on 'implied status'? Just wondering because I have to do this very soon :-[

Also... It says I need private medical insurance??? Is this true? I'm getting super nervous :( cause I don't have any...
Yes you will be on implied status! As long as it is sent~

missboon said:
This link is just for foreign students though, right?
Regardless it explains what kind of volunteering you can do without a work permit which is helpful and would apply regardless of if you are a student or not.

As long as volunteering is not your primary reason to be in Canada (which for us obviously isn't the case) you are fine if you follow those rules.

missboon

Star Member
Jan 13, 2012
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2013
AOR Received.
20-11-2013
Jellyfishy said:
Yes you will be on implied status! As long as it is sent~

Regardless it explains what kind of volunteering you can do without a work permit which is helpful and would apply regardless of if you are a student or not.

As long as volunteering is not your primary reason to be in Canada (which for us obviously isn't the case) you are fine if you follow those rules.
Do i need private medical insurance proof to get an extension? Or is that for grandparents/ child? Im just wondering if i read it wrong....

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
We didn't include it when we extended my stay. So I doubt it!

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
My oh my, as excited I was for autumn to creep around it got the better of me already.. Flu time boo hoo! I still don't yet know if I need to restore my status. It drives me crazy lol. :-X

hockeyfan

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2013
AOR Received.
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
31-05-2014
Line.a said:
My oh my, as excited I was for autumn to creep around it got the better of me already.. Flu time boo hoo! I still don't yet know if I need to restore my status. It drives me crazy lol. :-X
If it's driving you crazy, you should just restore your status or send along a visitor visa extension appliation! Problem solved :)

Jellyfishy

Star Member
Aug 14, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-04-2013
Med's Request
15-01-2014
Med's Done....
17-01-2014
Line.a said:
You are fine! There is no reason for you to! You are on implied status!

WaitingKiwi

Star Member
Aug 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
Med's Done....
18-04-2013
shyla36 said:
Hmm, why do you have to leave the country? Is it because you are on implied status already? And to qualify for the job wth LMO your visitor visa should still be valid? I was thinking about looking for a job with LMO too however, my visa expires on 2nd week of October, so is that still doable?
In your case, if you go out of the country with the pending app, you are taking some risks on not bein able to re enter. Altho, i see that many had luck when they went out of the country and got back in.
I dont think you have to leave the country, its just faster to get the LMO processed at the boarder to change your status. I assume you can post your passport as well and get it processed that way. Although I wonder where you post it to as I would loose all hope if you had to send it to Vegreville. Yes thats what I am wondering if I can get a LMO under Implied status. I am having trouble finding any information about it. For you it is do able if the company already has a blank Lmo, or they have had a lmo before and they can process a accelerated Lmo other wise if the company needs to apply for a LMO it can take around 3 months. Otherwise you will be on Implied status as well right? Then it will be the same question. This is the information I have found this far. Can anyone fill the gaps?

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
Jellyfishy said:
You are fine! There is no reason for you to! You are on implied status!
I second this.

Also...I know it's great to be here "legally" and all....but for Spousal Sponsorship, you no longer HAVE to be in status. Especially once you have proof you have applied they aren't going to just kick you out even IF you were out of status.But I also agree that you should be considered as "implied status".

missboon

Star Member
Jan 13, 2012
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2013
AOR Received.
20-11-2013
Where do I get my UCI number? Do I create one? Thanks!! 8)

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
CIC assigns it to you. We got my husband's (sponsor) and my (PR applicant) UCI numbers when we received the AOR (acknowledgement of receipt) letter. It contained both. Also, the visitor record certificate we received after extending my visitor status also has the UCI number on it.

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
QuebecOkie said:
CIC assigns it to you. We got my husband's (sponsor) and my (PR applicant) UCI numbers when we received the AOR (acknowledgement of receipt) letter. It contained both. Also, the visitor record certificate we received after extending my visitor status also has the UCI number on it.
So do you mean, i ( being the pr applicant) will receive my own uci number? My husband (sponsor) already has his as he already received aor? If so, will i be sent a letter that will state my uci?
Thanks quebecOkie.

jayshe25

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville,AB Transfer to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
30-08-2013
File Transfer...
01-03-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
28-10-2014
Interview........
March 16, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 16, 2015
LANDED..........
March 16, 2015
OMG know they change the initial assessment to 11 months ohhcmooonn

Type of sponsorship application Step 1 — Assessment of sponsor and person being sponsored Step 2 — Medical, security, background checks and other verifications for person being sponsored
Status available online
Spouse, common-law partner in Canada

11 months
(initial assessment)

Working on applications received on October 21, 2012

8 months

missboon

Star Member
Jan 13, 2012
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2013
AOR Received.
20-11-2013
QuebecOkie said:
So in on the extension app do I leave the UCI part blank? Because I haven't sent out my application yet.. Waiting for my Police certificate to come..

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
missboon said:
So in on the extension app do I leave the UCI part blank? Because I haven't sent out my application yet.. Waiting for my Police certificate to come..
Yes, if you dont have uci yet, then leave it blank

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
shyla36 said:
So do you mean, i ( being the pr applicant) will receive my own uci number? My husband (sponsor) already has his as he already received aor? If so, will i be sent a letter that will state my uci?
Thanks quebecOkie.
Yes, you and your husband will each have your own UCI number. Perhaps my UCI was only listed because we're in Québec? (There's an extra step in Québec, and the letter instructed us to do this step on behalf of the client, me, and gave my UCI number.) My letter was as follows:

January 28, 2013
UCI: 87654321
Application: *FXXXXX XXXXXXXXXX*XX XX
Husband of Quebec Okie
1234 Our Road
UpNorth, QC XXX XXXX

This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received
by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 10/23/2012 on behalf of the following
member(s):

Quebec Okie

Since you live in the province of Québec, you must submit an undertaking application to the
Québec government as soon as possible. To find out what steps you need to take, visit the
website of the Ministère de l’Immigration et des Communautés culturelles (MICC) at
www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca and go to the section Sponsors and Sponsored Persons to
download the required forms. For more information, you may contact the Service des
renseignements généraux (general inquiries) at 514 864-9191 or 1 877 864-9191. Please note
that you must enclose a copy of this letter with your undertaking application. Please note that
no further action will be taken your application until such time as our office has received a
decision with respect to your sponsorship and undertaking from the Ministère de l'immigration et
des communautés culturelles.

Please provide for client 12345678 - Quebec Okie:

> CSQ: Certificat de sélection du Québec from the ministère de l'Immigration et
des Communautés culturelles. This must be received at this office by: 04/28/2013.
When should I contact CIC?

You must notify Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) of any changes to your application.
Examples of changes include:

 Changes in your personal circumstances, such as birth or adoption of a child, death of
a family member, a marriage or a divorce;
 Change of contact information (e-mail, mailing address, telephone number);
 Appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual;
 Decision to withdraw your application.
You may contact the Call Centre, toll-free, at 1-888-242-2100. Changes to your address should
be made through our online service at www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/change-address.asp.

Case Processing Centre Vegreville Centre de Traitement des Demandes Vegreville

What happens next?

For further information about the sponsorship process, please refer to CIC’s website at
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/index.asp.

You have the option to withdraw your application at any point in the process. You may be
eligible for a refund of the sponsorship fee or the permanent resident application fee if
processing of your file has not yet begun.

How do I check the status of my application?

You may use your 8-digit Unique Client Identifier (UCI) number located at the top left of this
correspondence to check the status of your application on the CIC website. Please visit
www.cic.gc.ca/english and in the “I Need To ...” section on the right-hand side of the page,
select “Check application status”.

How long will it take to process my application?

Processing times vary. You can consult the processing times by visiting the CIC website at
www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp. Please note that, given the high volume
of inquiries submitted to this office and Canadian visa offices abroad, status updates on cases
are not normally provided unless the processing time for a file is longer than the service
standards outlined in the CIC website.

Sincerely,

Officer AZH/FFS
Case Processing Centre Vegreville
And yes, at the time we requested an extension of my visitor status, I didn't yet have a UCI. We left it blank. I did notice, though, that the visitor record we received after the extension was approved has my UCI listed, though.