05-June-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 09-July-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 09-July-2014
LANDED..........
15-August-2014
Line.a said:
A-ha I like your honest feed back. Everybody tells me to, it's funny how some days I could care less about all this and then other days panic washes over me like no other! I'm Pisces, I worry way too much.. About anything and everything lol! Well I am gonna raise hell if they give me trouble later on, since in reality I'd expect them to ask me to restore it or something like that. I have until early November to think about it, maybe call the call centre just for a last check.. Don't wanna f this up.. That would have me go insane :)

I see where you're coming from. But yeah don't worry much. Since being out of status isn't something which would get your rejected or anything. At worst it would just raise a flag but that too for someone who JUST clearly got into a relationship/marriage after being out of status for quite a while. Your whole scenario is understandable not to mention your most likely on implied status anyway.

Also the restoration as far as I know and remember takes a while like 3-4 months or so. And you'll probably have your stage 1 before that is processed. So yeah I think It's just an extra hassle, stress ( we already have so much to wait and keep a check on :/ ) and expense.

But you're right there's nothing wrong with calling CIC a few times and making sure there's nothing concrete against letting this be.

I think It's time for me to hit the sack :p Good luck and Take it easy!

Happywife08

Dec 19, 2012
Category........
Wow I have to say this 11 month change, broke me down.... I just starting crying since I had the realization that I am not getting closer...
:(

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
WaitingKiwi said:
Hello,

I have been looking for jobs with a labour market opinion. As I am going insane with the wait! Now the question is since I am on Implied status and I have to leave the country to activate it (This is presuming I will get one) and obviously my passport will say I have overstayed my visitors visa (again I have Implied status) so I guess I could take proof of UCI and letter or AOR as proof and hope for the best. But they might not accept this and turn me away.. has anyone had experience with this and LMOs?
Hmm, why do you have to leave the country? Is it because you are on implied status already? And to qualify for the job wth LMO your visitor visa should still be valid? I was thinking about looking for a job with LMO too however, my visa expires on 2nd week of October, so is that still doable?
In your case, if you go out of the country with the pending app, you are taking some risks on not bein able to re enter. Altho, i see that many had luck when they went out of the country and got back in.

bruneian

Jun 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
PCC waived, Fingerprints 06/02/14
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 10, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 2, 2014 (AIP)
AOR Received.
Aug 3, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 6, 2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
June 26, 2014 (DM)
LANDED..........
July 15, 2014 in Edmonton
I am so happy to see the apps moving along :D

Question: Me and my hubby are planning a vacation to Asia. I kept hearing how there is a chance of refusal to let back in Canada after leaving the country. I have a PGWP and work full time (with letter of employment from my employer), currently i am applying for a TRV (I am not TRV exempt - as I am stateless, only has PR from my home country). So is this true even for my case??

mariannamurrieta

Star Member
Jul 5, 2013
toronto, ON, Canada.
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 - 03 - 2013
Doc's Request.
Police certificate request after AIP January-9-2014 sent on January-10-2014
AOR Received.
22-03-2013
File Transfer...
AIP + OWP January-9-2014
Med's Request
Med's sent with app
Interview........
Not interview request at this time.
Passport Req..
DM: May 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
june 11 2014
Sign this petition!

it could help us to speed the process, 300 signatures we need.

http://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/citizenship-and-immigration-canada-process-family-class-permanent-residency-applications-in-a-timely-manner-2

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
Got my AOR today. Submitted my app in Aug 28.
A least, am seeing some movement. I thought my application will be returned as i did not include marriage certificate, just record of solemnization. So now, that i just got my marrieage cert in the mail, i now have file number to which i can attach it to.
Keep the faith!

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
shyla36 said:
A least, am seeing some movement. I thought my application will be returned as i did not include marriage certificate, just record of solemnization. So now, that i just got my marrieage cert in the mail, i now have file number to which i can attach it to.
Keep the faith!
Congrats on your AOR!

I'm still waiting on mine and mine was recieved on August 14th... :(

Jellyfishy

Star Member
Aug 14, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-04-2013
Med's Request
15-01-2014
Med's Done....
17-01-2014
shyla36 said:
Keep the faith!
You should send it in ASAP or they will return the application. Mine needed a document to be dated closer to the time of the application as well as the receipt for the OWP and they sent it back after we got AOR, so now we have a later AOR than our original one.

For people who wanted to volunteer, I looked this up because frankly I thought I couldn't volunteer at all. Here is some helpful info from CIC:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/EnGLIsh/study/institutions/work-volunteer.asp

I'm excited because this means my husband and I can volunteer together again for the yearly canfitpro fitness seminar :D Plus I might be able to work some more volunteer work in. Time to research!

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
ACS said:
Congrats on your AOR!

I'm still waiting on mine and mine was recieved on August 14th... :(
Thank you. You will be next. -:)

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
Jellyfishy said:
You should send it in ASAP or they will return the application. Mine needed a document to be dated closer to the time of the application as well as the receipt for the OWP and they sent it back after we got AOR, so now we have a later AOR than our original one.
Oh ok, thank you for this. So i just need to put a cover letter to the marriage cert? Which are, applicant's name, birthday, sponsor's name and UCI number? Just want to make sure that im doing it the right way.

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
shyla36 said:
Thank you. You will be next. -:)
I keep hoping so!! lol

I mean I know the AOR doesn't really do much...but it's just the peace of mind in knowing that they have looked at it, and that you are not missing any papers, or signatures!! :)

I called at the beginning of this week, and she said they were only doing AOR's from Aug.8th, but I knew from here on the forum ppl from the 19th had already rec'd theirs...

Just makes me nervous...and this is only the AOR, not even AIP :p

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
ACS said:
I keep hoping so!! lol

I mean I know the AOR doesn't really do much...but it's just the peace of mind in knowing that they have looked at it, and that you are not missing any papers, or signatures!! :)

I called at the beginning of this week, and she said they were only doing AOR's from Aug.8th, but I knew from here on the forum ppl from the 19th had already rec'd theirs...

Just makes me nervous...and this is only the AOR, not even AIP :p
I know, i know how it feels. Imagine, just aor and we are going gaga over this. Lol. I couldnt imagine how it is down the line whenever we receive correspondences from cic.

missboon

Star Member
Jan 13, 2012
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2013
AOR Received.
20-11-2013
Jellyfishy said:
For people who wanted to volunteer, I looked this up because frankly I thought I couldn't volunteer at all. Here is some helpful info from CIC:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/EnGLIsh/study/institutions/work-volunteer.asp

I'm excited because this means my husband and I can volunteer together again for the yearly canfitpro fitness seminar :D Plus I might be able to work some more volunteer work in. Time to research!
This link is just for foreign students though, right?

missboon

Star Member
Jan 13, 2012
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2013
AOR Received.
20-11-2013
5hr3wd said:
60 days to actually receiving the approval email and 58 days according to the date on the letter. Which is exactly what the processing times mention.
So it takes almost 60 days to get approval for a visitor extension? while waiting to hear a decision on your extension are you considered to be on 'implied status'? Just wondering because I have to do this very soon :-[

Also... It says I need private medical insurance??? Is this true? I'm getting super nervous :( cause I don't have any...