10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
31-05-2014
Always look on the bright side of life.

Don't despair at least you get to be with your loved one in this country where other people are separated from each other!

Best regards,

Jellyfishy

Star Member
Aug 14, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-04-2013
Med's Request
15-01-2014
Med's Done....
17-01-2014
hockeyfan said:
Always look on the bright side of life.

Don't despair at least you get to be with your loved one in this country where other people are separated from each other!

Best regards,
While I am all for staying positive, right now I would rather have been apart for 8 months with him coming to visit me, be able to work and be with my family than sit here stuck at home, barely scraping by for 16 months +

hockeyfan

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2013
AOR Received.
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
31-05-2014
Jellyfishy said:
While I am all for staying positive, right now I would rather have been apart for 8 months with him coming to visit me, be able to work and be with my family than sit here stuck at home, barely scraping by for 16 months +
I am sorry to hear that, but there's not much we can do besides wait, they are the choices we made to apply inland as opposed to outland. Occupy yourself, take up hobbies, go to the gym, get lots of exercise, and do anything to relax and be happy. You can always withdraw your application and re-apply outland, but that resets your application date and may take longer to process your application.

missboon

Star Member
Jan 13, 2012
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2013
AOR Received.
20-11-2013
:eek: Oh my lord....11 months?? Has anyone here sent an application for a OWP with their PR app and been approved? Could they at least give everyone that much? Or do you need specific/special skills to get an OWP?

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
missboon said:
:eek: Oh my lord....11 months?? Has anyone here sent an application for a OWP with their PR app and been approved? Could they at least give everyone that much? Or do you need specific/special skills to get an OWP?
If you are applying inland and send in the OWP along with your applications, you will get your OWP as soon as AIP is given. If you are applying outland, there is no OWP.

missboon

Star Member
Jan 13, 2012
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2013
AOR Received.
20-11-2013
Alurra71 said:
If you are applying inland and send in the OWP along with your applications, you will get your OWP as soon as AIP is given. If you are applying outland, there is no OWP.

What is a AIP? lol sorry I haven't mastered all the lingo yet :p

ArtSnow

Star Member
May 2, 2013
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
12-03-2013
Doc's Request.
14-01-2014
AOR Received.
20-03-2013
Med's Request
02-02-2015
Med's Done....
07-01-2013
Interview........
05-06-2015
LANDED..........
02-07-2015
I am literally in tears...
My wife already had a nervous breakdown last year and she had to keep on working through it all, and while all the others in the mental ward she was "locked" were having therapy and moving on, she left the asylum and went back to work 3 weeks later, she is a mess, I am a mess, only God keeps on guiding us...
Very, very sad indeed, all we want is the right to work, we don't care about the PR itself... :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
Jellyfishy said:
I am with you, on this, i wished i knew more about inland vs outland before making the inland app ( i know this is water under the bridge but just saying) but i left a job that pays a lot. I could have just visited my hubby here and him visit me vice versa while both of us are working and keep my sanity at the same time. It feels depressing to always explain why i cant work both to my family and my husband's as they seem to not understand how this long paperworks work. I pity my hubby who has to work his butt off, sometimes do overtime and we really just stick to our budget as single income is surely not enough.
I can only pray really hard that this bureaucracy change soon for the better and still want to believe that anytime soon, it will be down to 6 months again. I am still long in the waiting game as my app was submitted on aug 28, 2013.

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
ArtSnow said:
I am literally in tears...
My wife already had a nervous breakdown last year and she had to keep on working through it all, and while all the others in the mental ward she was "locked" were having therapy and moving on, she left the asylum and went back to work 3 weeks later, she is a mess, I am a mess, only God keeps on guiding us...
Very, very sad indeed, all we want is the right to work, we don't care about the PR itself... :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
Oh i am so sorry to hear about this. We will all make it. Everything will turn out fine, i choose to believe that as thats the only way to keep us sane and strong.

ArtSnow

Star Member
May 2, 2013
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
12-03-2013
Doc's Request.
14-01-2014
AOR Received.
20-03-2013
Med's Request
02-02-2015
Med's Done....
07-01-2013
Interview........
05-06-2015
LANDED..........
02-07-2015
I swear, my only problem is that I can't convince her to move to Portugal (I know it would be a very stupid move), because if she would, I would have already went back there and nothing of this would be happening, at least there they give you a temporary work permit while your app is in process, if you get refused they just deport you...
I feel so emasculated it's not even funny... I am furious, sending messages on FB to all Albertan politicians I was able to add as friends in these last months...
I don't care anymore, nobody cares about us, seems like we're criminals or something, I will not live in fear anymore, enough is enough...

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
ArtSnow said:
I swear, my only problem is that I can't convince her to move to Portugal (I know it would be a very stupid move), because if she would, I would have already went back there and nothing of this would be happening, at least there they give you a temporary work permit while your app is in process, if you get refused they just deport you...
I feel so emasculated it's not even funny... I am furious, sending messages on FB to all Albertan politicians I was able to add as friends in these last months...
I don't care anymore, nobody cares about us, seems like we're criminals or something, I will not live in fear anymore, enough is enough...
I'm very sorry for both of you but you are not alone, I feel the same and I'm pretty sure most people in this forum are feeling the same way too. I wish we all could get our OWP as soon as possible but we have to wait and be positive.

MaxLet

May 28, 2013
Prevost, Qc
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (Now Montreal)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
Doc's Request.
CIC ask for MICC: 14-03-13
Nomination.....
CSQ: 09-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-03-2013
Med's Request
07-01-14
Med's Done....
09-01-14
Interview........
WAIVED!+AIP 07-01-14
Passport Req..
DM: 28-02-14
LANDED..........
15-05-2014
hi everybody! since cic has increase the waiting time for aip (that apparently gets longer as you get closer to it!), I'm getting crazy about not doing anything! :S Im tired of staying home (i go to the gym, and I have make some friends) but I will like to know if I can do some volunteer job... is that consider violation of the "not working" rule?.. i mean, i dont get paid (well, they say they will tip me) and its at a community center, 2h per week. Anyone doing volunteer? or that knows about this? are we allowed? thanks in advance! good luck and God Bless

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
MaxLet said:
hi everybody! since cic has increase the waiting time for aip (that apparently gets longer as you get closer to it!), I'm getting crazy about not doing anything! :S Im tired of staying home (i go to the gym, and I have make some friends) but I will like to know if I can do some volunteer job... is that consider violation of the "not working" rule?.. i mean, i dont get paid (well, they say they will tip me) and its at a community center, 2h per week. Anyone doing volunteer? or that knows about this? are we allowed? thanks in advance! good luck and God Bless
Hello, you are allowed to Volunteer all you want (I've done it) but you are not allowed to get paid in anyway! That's illegal.

missboon

Star Member
Jan 13, 2012
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2013
AOR Received.
20-11-2013
Cirene said:
Hello, you are allowed to Volunteer all you want (I've done it) but you are not allowed to get paid in anyway! That's illegal.
My husband takes care of animals for a family business ... This includes walking dogs...if i volunteer go on walks with him and walk a dog or two... Is that considered illegal? Would i get in trouble if he was ever (one in a million chance) stopped by by laws?? I wouldnt get paid for this obviously.. Thanks!

minime#

Aug 3, 2012
Sigh this is very depressing I see myself waiting an entire yr for Aip....thk goodness I have a busy 8 month old to occupy my time or I might have lost it