Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
missboon said:
My husband takes care of animals for a family business ... This includes walking dogs...if i volunteer go on walks with him and walk a dog or two... Is that considered illegal? Would i get in trouble if he was ever (one in a million chance) stopped by by laws?? I wouldnt get paid for this obviously.. Thanks!
You can come with him to his job and help him, volunteer, etc, what's illegal is to get paid without a work permit (get paid under the table).

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
missboon said:
My husband takes care of animals for a family business ... This includes walking dogs...if i volunteer go on walks with him and walk a dog or two... Is that considered illegal? Would i get in trouble if he was ever (one in a million chance) stopped by by laws?? I wouldnt get paid for this obviously.. Thanks!
I volunteer as much as I can, in fact, I volunteer doing "things" that will help me to find a good position when I get my OWP so I can use that in my resume as "experience".

Jellyfishy

Star Member
Aug 14, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-04-2013
Med's Request
15-01-2014
Med's Done....
17-01-2014
From what I can find online, YES you can volunteer, but if you are volunteering for something that someone would normally get paid for (I.E Walking dogs for a dog walking company) then it is illegal. The reason for this is that it is viewed as you are taking away a job opportunity for a Canadian resident. It's pretty much as if you are working for free!

WaitingKiwi

Star Member
Aug 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
Med's Done....
18-04-2013
Hello,

I have been looking for jobs with a labour market opinion. As I am going insane with the wait! Now the question is since I am on Implied status and I have to leave the country to activate it (This is presuming I will get one) and obviously my passport will say I have overstayed my visitors visa (again I have Implied status) so I guess I could take proof of UCI and letter or AOR as proof and hope for the best. But they might not accept this and turn me away.. has anyone had experience with this and LMOs?

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
I know its sad, I'm sorry to hear about your situation ArtSnow I couldn't even imagine. We can only do so much. I'm guessing since they are processing Outland apps as well we must realize the fact that it is what it is. Instead of getting bent out of shape take up hobbies like hockeyfan suggested.. Financially it's a struggle... We have no tv or no going out but we got each other and that's what matters the most. Read - get out walk take a stroll through the forest or city or wherever you are and enjoy the beauty while you can before winter hits! I honestly have become immune to CICs BS.. They may change it again who knows, just stay calm alright :)

missboon

Star Member
Jan 13, 2012
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2013
AOR Received.
20-11-2013
Line.a said:
I know its sad, I'm sorry to hear about your situation ArtSnow I couldn't even imagine. We can only do so much. I'm guessing since they are processing Outland apps as well we must realize the fact that it is what it is. Instead of getting bent out of shape take up hobbies like hockeyfan suggested.. Financially it's a struggle... We have no tv or no going out but we got each other and that's what matters the most. Read - get out walk take a stroll through the forest or city or wherever you are and enjoy the beauty while you can before winter hits! I honestly have become immune to CICs BS.. They may change it again who knows, just stay calm alright :)
I love your positivity! Lets hope it's contagious! :)

5hr3wd

Jul 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville --> CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
15-August-2013
Med's Done....
05-June-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 09-July-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 09-July-2014
LANDED..........
15-August-2014
Hi guys! A small update from my side. I just received an email for my visitors extension application. They approved it for an year. I know I didn't have to apply for one since I was on the implied status anyway but an actual physical permit for $75 didn't sound like a bad idea to me.

On a side note; They got my address wrong -_- well not wrong but they used my lawyer's address which was only mentioned on my PR app and had nothing to do with my Visitor's extension application which I submitted on my own. It's strange how when you want them to match something to your file and they don't/can't do that while this application had nothing to do with my PR app and they used my PR app's address :| Oh vegreville!

Haha enough of the rant. I'm actually grateful for this tiny step forward.

Oh and good luck everyone! :)

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
5hr3wd said:
Hi guys! A small update from my side. I just received an email for my visitors extension application. They approved it for an year. I know I didn't have to apply for one since I was on the implied status anyway but an actual physical permit for $75 didn't sound like a bad idea to me.

On a side note; They got my address wrong -_- well not wrong but they used my lawyer's address which was only mentioned on my PR app and had nothing to do with my Visitor's extension application which I submitted on my own. It's strange how when you want them to match something to your file and they don't/can't do that while this application had nothing to do with my PR app and they used my PR app's address :| Oh vegreville!

That makes me wonder if I should restore my status. Not sure how much it costs though. And money is already tight.. Most people tell me not to, but there is yet a feeling deep inside that tells me that maybe I should.. Y'know just in case. Haha Vegreville is terrible sometimes. They only gave me 4 months when I extended my stay which is incredibly silly. So disappointed and angered by it lol. Money cows is what I'm thinking. :)

Jellyfishy

Star Member
Aug 14, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-04-2013
Med's Request
15-01-2014
Med's Done....
17-01-2014
Line.a said:
That makes me wonder if I should restore my status. Not sure how much it costs though. And money is already tight.. Most people tell me not to, but there is yet a feeling deep inside that tells me that maybe I should.. Y'know just in case. Haha Vegreville is terrible sometimes. They only gave me 4 months when I extended my stay which is incredibly silly. So disappointed and angered by it lol. Money cows is what I'm thinking. :)
You should be fine, you changed your status to visitor didn't you? It's 75 for extended visitor and 200 to restore status :/ plus your 90 days ran out regardless didn't they?

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
Jellyfishy said:
You should be fine, you changed your status to visitor didn't you? It's 75 for extended visitor and 200 to restore status :/ plus your 90 days ran out regardless didn't they?
Well it's all super confusing to me, I gave up trying to explain my boyfriend because he thinks nothing's wrong and we can't really spend any "unnecessary" money. So it all goes back when I had my IEC. We extended my stay online using the change condition of your stay application which we received an gmail confirmation they received it the day before my IEC visa ran out. Ok, so Vegreville received the OWP and inland app 2 days after that. So technically I was on implied status. So being on implied status and having a pending OWP equals another implied status or what? That's why I'm concerned that they expected me to extend my stay (or now restore since the last extension they gave me, that I applied for the day before my IEC visa ran out, ran out on August 9th this year) so my whole wonder is if i legally have to restore my stay since it ran out, or leave it as it is since the OWP is pending (EVEN if i actually was on "implied status" when Vegreville received the OWP and inland app)

I apologize for the long message here, I just wanted to make sure I explain it proper just in case :)

I am easily confused by things by the way :)

mrsc08

Star Member
May 26, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2013
Doc's Request.
09-01-2014
AOR Received.
21-03-2013
Med's Request
09-01-2014
Med's Done....
20-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
AIP: 23-03-2014
5hr3wd said:

Happy to hear that they're issuing a one year visitor status! I sent mine last week though im on implied status as i have sent my OWP app together with my PR app, hoping I can renew my Alberta health before it expires. :) I'd rather pay $75 and not worry about taking care of any health bill in case any accidents happen. That's one of the major concerns I have. :)

mrsc08

Star Member
May 26, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2013
Doc's Request.
09-01-2014
AOR Received.
21-03-2013
Med's Request
09-01-2014
Med's Done....
20-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
AIP: 23-03-2014
@5hr3wd: how long did you wait from submission of your papers to receiving an approval?

5hr3wd

Jul 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
15-August-2013
Med's Done....
05-June-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 09-July-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 09-July-2014
LANDED..........
15-August-2014
mrsc08 said:
@ 5hr3wd: how long did you wait from submission of your papers to receiving an approval?
60 days to actually receiving the approval email and 58 days according to the date on the letter. Which is exactly what the processing times mention.

5hr3wd

Jul 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
15-August-2013
Med's Done....
05-June-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 09-July-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 09-July-2014
LANDED..........
15-August-2014
Line.a said:
Line.a, I think as long as to you tried to maintain your status and also had status (The 4 month visitor extension) after your PR application submission then you should be good.
I mean you can never be sure what **** CIC can come up with but If I was in your place, I would take that leap of faith and not apply for any restoration even if I wasn't tight on money. And still feel pretty safe about it. But that's just me, A paranoid aquarian over thinker :p

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
5hr3wd said:
Line.a, I think as long as to you tried to maintain your status and also had status (The 4 month visitor extension) after your PR application submission then you should be good.
I mean you can never be sure what **** CIC can come up with but If I was in your place, I would take that leap of faith and not apply for any restoration even if I wasn't tight on money. And still feel pretty safe about it. But that's just me, A paranoid aquarian over thinker :p
A-ha I like your honest feed back. Everybody tells me to, it's funny how some days I could care less about all this and then other days panic washes over me like no other! I'm Pisces, I worry way too much.. About anything and everything lol! Well I am gonna raise hell if they give me trouble later on, since in reality I'd expect them to ask me to restore it or something like that. I have until early November to think about it, maybe call the call centre just for a last check.. Don't wanna f this up.. That would have me go insane :)