28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
QuebecOkie said:
Yes, you and your husband will each have your own UCI number. Perhaps my UCI was only listed because we're in Québec? (There's an extra step in Québec, and the letter instructed us to do this step on behalf of the client, me, and gave my UCI number.) My letter was as follows:

And yes, at the time we requested an extension of my visitor status, I didn't yet have a UCI. We left it blank. I did notice, though, that the visitor record we received after the extension was approved has my UCI listed, though.
Ok. Thanks. My husband received same letter as this but not with the additions for quebec residents as we are from Alberta, thats why I dont have uci yet. So maybe i will receive a separate letter?

Bebecharmed

Mar 20, 2013
I hope processing will be moving now since reading from 2012 inland, some people are receiving
AIP to applicants of late October and early November 2012. Sigh!! Ugh I can't work, LMO
Issuance fees to employers is 275 regardless its approved or not. Getting a job
With LMO is now more pain in the &?!!! An employer lured me to work and promised me its
Ok while the LMO is in process. I worked for 3 weeks before I decided to
Stop. Now that employer holds me in my neck, just one call to immigration, deportation
Is in the line. Wrong decision, If only my AIP is here, and no delay I wouldn't
be in this situation. I guess I needed to be nicer now to him so
I can get paid. Got threatened that if I bring trouble To his business, I will
regret it my whole life. Well I couldn't do it anyways as I can't risk
the other Foreign workers who has no work permit yet but still working there. Sigh again!!!
I just wish my OWP comes soon as I wanna work so I could help
my common law.

Lessons learned, don't trust employers' false promises coz you
Know you can't work anywhere without valid work permit specific
To that employer.

TFW is one side program benefiting more to the employers. When
Things come worst, workers get deported and rarely penalise employers
unless they do it habitually.

Hope for your prayers guys that I may not be deported
From that mistake that I corrected when I stop working
When the son of the owner treated people there like he owned
them, no respect at all.

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
shyla36 said:
Ok. Thanks. My husband received same letter as this but not with the additions for quebec residents as we are from Alberta, thats why I dont have uci yet. So maybe i will receive a separate letter?
I really don't know. We've noticed lately (those of us in the inland 2012 thread) that CIC has been crazily inconsistent in the correspondence it sends out. We only received one letter, the one to the sponsor, for AOR. The next thing we got (not counting from Quebec, since that doesn't apply to most people) was AOR, which was sent to me ONLY. Yet, others in the 2012 thread got sponsorship approval letters to the sponsor (which we never received) and NO AIP letter to the applicant. It really is frustrating and confusing how differently CIC treats any two nearly identical cases.

WaitingKiwi

Star Member
Aug 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
Med's Done....
18-04-2013
Bebecharmed said:
I hope processing will be moving now since reading from 2012 inland, some people are receiving
AIP to applicants of late October and early November 2012. Sigh!! Ugh I can't work, LMO
Issuance fees to employers is 275 regardless its approved or not. Getting a job
With LMO is now more pain in the &?!!! An employer lured me to work and promised me its
Ok while the LMO is in process. I worked for 3 weeks before I decided to
Stop. Now that employer holds me in my neck, just one call to immigration, deportation
Is in the line. Wrong decision, If only my AIP is here, and no delay I wouldn't
be in this situation. I guess I needed to be nicer now to him so
I can get paid. Got threatened that if I bring trouble To his business, I will
regret it my whole life. Well I couldn't do it anyways as I can't risk
the other Foreign workers who has no work permit yet but still working there. Sigh again!!!
I just wish my OWP comes soon as I wanna work so I could help
my common law.

Lessons learned, don't trust employers' false promises coz you
Know you can't work anywhere without valid work permit specific
To that employer.

TFW is one side program benefiting more to the employers. When
Things come worst, workers get deported and rarely penalise employers
unless they do it habitually.

Hope for your prayers guys that I may not be deported
From that mistake that I corrected when I stop working
When the son of the owner treated people there like he owned
them, no respect at all.
You know he will never call Immigration as then his business will be on the line. Yes I feel your correct there when you say it benefits the employers. I went to an interview at a cafe months ago when I first arrived in Canada. The employer was french and quite rude I Immediately didn't like him. They were in desperate need for people and he wanted me to ¨trial before giving me a LMO¨ he said he would pay me when the lmo would come through... obviously I didn't take him up on his offer. As tempting as it is to work. I could tell he was a person to walk all over someone, so I expect he would probably even try to not pay anyone. By his manner and how rude he was I could completely understand why he was in desperate need of people. Anyone would want to up and leave this guy.
I had another interview and the owner said he would file a LMO they had found a way to get blank LMOs therefore they already had one. But he required me to commit for at least one year - if I broke this he would complain to Immigration. Which scared me as this feeling was that same as if he had control over me. But that same time he did seem fair. Regardless I didn't like either options so I gave up my search. Now 6 months later with another 6 months to wait Im considering looking again and almost regretting not taking the second LMO offered to me.

Bebecharmed

Mar 20, 2013
Well it really sucks waitingKiwi. We just need to look for employers who already have
LMO then it is faster to get work permit, or we could just wait for our AIP then we can
Work anywhere and not to commit 1-2 years with them with lower wage and no benefits.

I can feel that that employer won't report me but he was asking for my SIN before I could
get paid.

Sigh! Hope CIC realizes the complications of the strike to us....

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
ACS said:
I second this.

Also...I know it's great to be here "legally" and all....but for Spousal Sponsorship, you no longer HAVE to be in status. Especially once you have proof you have applied they aren't going to just kick you out even IF you were out of status.But I also agree that you should be considered as "implied status".
Really? So we don't need to extend or restore at all?! They should let me know in case.. I have until November to find out.

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
Line.a said:
Really? So we don't need to extend or restore at all?! They should let me know in case.. I have until November to find out.
You should consider to apply because when you are out of status you are not longer eligible for Health Care, even with implied status. You need to have a status in hand and they will activate your Health Care Card (this happened to me and I didn't know my Alberta Health Care Card was deactivated and had to pay around 200$ in medical bills)

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
Cirene said:
You should consider to apply because when you are out of status you are not longer eligible for Health Care, even with implied status. You need to have a status in hand and they will activate your Health Care Card (this happened to me and I didn't know my Alberta Health Care Card was deactivated and had to pay around 200$ in medical bills)
I really wanna consider it now, money is very limited and my dad eventually had to pay for a private health insurance plan for me, since I recently had cataracts removed from my eyes and need constant check ups. But do I need to restore and extend the stay as a visitor then?

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Line.a said:
I really wanna consider it now, money is very limited and my dad eventually had to pay for a private health insurance plan for me, since I recently had cataracts removed from my eyes and need constant check ups. But do I need to restore and extend the stay as a visitor then?
If you have a status right now, you do not need to restore because you haven't lost your status in Canada (you are legal here right now), you then will extend your status as a Temporary Resident (or Visitor).

If your status expires in November you should apply before it expires so you are not in "Implied Status" too long (You cant apply for Health Care with a implied status).

I've extend my status twice so far, because I didn't want to be without Alberta Health Care (you never know what can happen)

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
Cirene said:
If you have a status right now, you do not need to restore because you haven't lost your status in Canada (you are legal here right now), you then will extend your status as a Temporary Resident (or Visitor).

If your status expires in November you should apply before it expires so you are not in "Implied Status" too long (You cant apply for Health Care with a implied status).

I've extend my status twice so far, because I didn't want to be without Alberta Health Care (you never know what can happen)
I extended my stay online the night before my one year work visa ran out and got the confirmation few minutes later. So I figured I was on implied status from there on until I hear back from them. So when I finally got the extension in my mail I was a bit annoyed how they only gave me until August 9th this year but I've asked a fair amount of people even before August and all said that having a pending OWP gives you implied status and therefore, when it runs out (August 9th 2013) I don't need to do anything but wait until I get AIP. But I just don't get it because on the actual extension I got in my mail said I needed to extend it again a month before it expires and the other thing I am in doubt about is the fact that I was on implied status when Vegreville received the OWP and PR app so I'm worried that they expect me to restore/extend my stay.

We have very little money and $200 is something that is next to impossible to pay for right now unfortunately.. We make it easy with food, rent and such but we certainly don't have any extra money to spare.. Sad but true (I can't wait to start working oh my goodness) :)

Thanks for your feed back by the way I appreciate it!

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Line.a said:
I extended my stay online the night before my one year work visa ran out and got the confirmation few minutes later. So I figured I was on implied status from there on until I hear back from them. So when I finally got the extension in my mail I was a bit annoyed how they only gave me until August 9th this year but I've asked a fair amount of people even before August and all said that having a pending OWP gives you implied status and therefore, when it runs out (August 9th 2013) I don't need to do anything but wait until I get AIP. But I just don't get it because on the actual extension I got in my mail said I needed to extend it again a month before it expires and the other thing I am in doubt about is the fact that I was on implied status when Vegreville received the OWP and PR app so I'm worried that they expect me to restore/extend my stay.

We have very little money and $200 is something that is next to impossible to pay for right now unfortunately.. We make it easy with food, rent and such but we certainly don't have any extra money to spare.. Sad but true (I can't wait to start working oh my goodness) :)

Thanks for your feed back by the way I appreciate it!
No problem, we are here to help and support eachother, this whole process is crazy.

If you apply for an OWP you have "Implied Status" until you get your AIP but with that status you cannot get your Health Care Card activated. What I did was that I applied for a "Extension as a visitor" and "OWP with my PR application" so I could have a "Status in Hand"

If you are going to apply for an extension the form gives you the liberty to put from which date to another you want to stay in Canada (I put I wanted an extension for a full year) and you should write in a different sheet of paper that the main reason why are you doing this is because you and your partner are in the whole process of Sponsoring a Spouse / Common-law within Canada and you would like to have a status in hand.

missboon

Star Member
Jan 13, 2012
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2013
AOR Received.
20-11-2013
I want to send my extension out as soon as possible...I want to provide my marriage certificate but it won't be here for about 2 weeks ..is it okay if scan my record of solemnization instead? Also it says to "include proof of income as specified" ..Will my husband's bank statement be enough for that? Thanks!

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
missboon said:
I want to send my extension out as soon as possible...I want to provide my marriage certificate but it won't be here for about 2 weeks ..is it okay if scan my record of solemnization instead? Also it says to "include proof of income as specified" ..Will my husband's bank statement be enough for that? Thanks!
I don't know about the marriage certificate/record of solemnization thing (I don't think we had to send anything like that for my extension request?), but I know we sent my husband's pay statement, showing year-to-date pay information, as proof of income.

missboon

Star Member
Jan 13, 2012
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2013
AOR Received.
20-11-2013
QuebecOkie said:
I don't know about the marriage certificate/record of solemnization thing (I don't think we had to send anything like that for my extension request?), but I know we sent my husband's pay statement, showing year-to-date pay information, as proof of income.
Do you think it will be a problem if he can only show a month bank statement where he is depositing his checks every week? Because he only just opened a bank account ::) I was also told it would be good to provide a letter from him. Should it just say basically that he will provide me with anything I need as we are weeks away from sending in our sponsorship application? Thanks! ;D

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
Does he not have a pay statement from work? I really don't know how much you have to show to CIC, or if a one month statement from the bank will be sufficient.