App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
So for the first time, i checked my application status online after receiving aor for almost a week. I just saw that they have encoded a wrong mailing address. They put my previous mailing address back when i was still in my home country. This is so making me nervous, what else do you think these people have been erroneously encoding re our files. Anyway, tried calling but to no avail. So i just used the change my mailing address service online. Is this correct? Even if I am not actually changing my address but CORRECTING what was on file? It said, it will take 15 days to effect.

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
Alurra71 said:
No, when extending any kind of 'temporary' anything, don't list 'moving there' as the reason you want to extend. Temporary visas, visitor records and the like are all meant to be temporary. A move is permanent ;)
Hi Allura. Im thinking of extending my stay as a visitor so i can avail of the alberta health card. My status expires on 2nd week of october. After i read the guideline, it said that you have to extend 30 days prior to expiry of status ( i do not have 30 days as i only have 3 weeks left). I looked at restoration of status not qualified either as i am still in status.
What do i fill up and could u please send me the link? Thank you in advance

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
missboon said:
So for those of you who extended your stay ....I just want to make sure I'm checking the right box off. I've been here for six months. So do I check off restoration of temporary status as a visitor or extension of temporary status? I don't think it's the third one which is initial temporary resident permit or extension of temporary permit :'( It's these little thing's I don't quite understand. Am I a temporary resident by being a 'visitor'? :-\ :'(
Temporary Resident Status = Visitor/Tourist etc..

You need to extend your stay if you have been here for 6 months but your current Temporary Resident Status/Visa hasn't expired yet.

You "ONLY" restore any kind of "Status" when you stayed in Canada longer that you were allowed.

As long as you send your "Extension" before your status expires, you'll be just fine.

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
shyla36 said:
Hi Allura. Im thinking of extending my stay as a visitor so i can avail of the alberta health card. My status expires on 2nd week of october. After i read the guideline, it said that you have to extend 30 days prior to expiry of status ( i do not have 30 days as i only have 3 weeks left). I looked at restoration of status not qualified either as i am still in status.
I've applied for an extension of my visitor status twice, both times 5 days before it expires and both times I've been granted with the extension.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
shyla36 said:
This is the link you should use http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visitor.asp As long as you apply before your current status expires, you should be fine. They recommend 30 days so it can be processed and such before you expire. You have time yet, as long as you don't wait until you are expired or after you expire. You should be applying to extend you stay in Canada.

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
Cirene said:
I've applied for an extension of my visitor status twice, both times 5 days before it expires and both times I've been granted with the extension.
Thank you so much cirene :)

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
Alurra71 said:
This is the link you should use http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visitor.asp As long as you apply before your current status expires, you should be fine. They recommend 30 days so it can be processed and such before you expire. You have time yet, as long as you don't wait until you are expired or after you expire. You should be applying to extend you stay in Canada.
Thank you so much Allura.
I will try to complete the forms now. :)

tica1008

Star Member
Jun 10, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-18-2014
AOR Received.
08-07-2014
Med's Done....
June 2015 got them redone Police Certificate: Sent with application OWP: Sent with application
Interview........
30-09-2015
LANDED..........
30-09-2015
Hi,

Could anybody tell me if my name just got changed 3 weeks ago because of our wedding how do I sign the application forms?

With my married name hich is on my drivers license or with my my maiden name which is on my travel document (PR + PASSPORT) i havent changed my pr because i am still waiting for my alberta health care to arrive and my passport is brand new so it shows my maiden name.

On the sponsor application it asks for your travel document name and then im not asure what to do because at the top it shows my maiden name.
I am at odds.

Please any help is appreciated.

Best Regards,

Sharon

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
Alurra71 said:
Ok. So i have checked the forms and one requirement is to provide proof of means of financial support. Listed there is a letter from the person or institution providing you with money. So can i just ask a letter from my spouse (my canadian husband sponsor for my pr app) to give me a letter? Does he need to to show his bank statements or pay stubs? Or a letter is sufficient? I do not have any of the listed items as i do not work nor have a bank account here. Also, by submitting this extension, would they know that i have already submitted my pr application and on an implied status? Was just worried and paranoid that i wont be given extension and therefore have to leave . Btw, i am sending my application online. I dont have a scanner but it said camera works, so im guessing im taking a photo of the document and upload it as a jpeg, right?

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
Alurra71 said:
So this is to get the health care you guys are talking about or to stay in Canada legally while waiting for the PR? Because I didn't extend nor restore my visitor status when it ran out last month. Having a pending OWP gives me implied status already or not? I am beyond confused. I just want to stay legally and not to get in trouble. I don't care about health care I just need to know whether I need to extend my stay or not.

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
missboon said:
Do you think it will be a problem if he can only show a month bank statement where he is depositing his checks every week? Because he only just opened a bank account ::) I was also told it would be good to provide a letter from him. Should it just say basically that he will provide me with anything I need as we are weeks away from sending in our sponsorship application? Thanks! ;D
I was just reading your posts. You said you were just waiting for your maariage certificate to arrive because you only have record of solemnization? So you got married in ontario too? I submitted my pr application with just the record of solemnization as i couldnt wait longer for the actual marriage cert and after 2 weeks, got my aor. A week later got my marriage cert so now am just sending them a copy. Just thought, you might want to know this, just in case your marriage cert will still take a long time to receive.

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
Line.a said:
So this is to get the health care you guys are talking about or to stay in Canada legally while waiting for the PR? Because I didn't extend nor restore my visitor status when it ran out last month. Having a pending OWP gives me implied status already or not? I am beyond confused. I just want to stay legally and not to get in trouble. I don't care about health care I just need to know whether I need to extend my stay or not.
Yes Line.a . This is for the purpose of alberta heath care and also so i have a "status" later on should i decide to look for a job with lmo (i was thinking it would come handy later on should i decide to take a job). If you have submitted pr + owp , which i did, then you are on implied status. If not for these 2 reasons, i would not extend my visitor status as well.

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
I sign things "Firstname Middlename Maidenname Husband'slastname." My passport is in my maiden name, but everything else is in my married name. CIC addresses everything to me in my maiden name.

missboon

Star Member
Jan 13, 2012
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2013
AOR Received.
20-11-2013
Cirene said:
Temporary Resident Status = Visitor/Tourist etc..

You need to extend your stay if you have been here for 6 months but your current Temporary Resident Status/Visa hasn't expired yet.

You "ONLY" restore any kind of "Status" when you stayed in Canada longer that you were allowed.

As long as you send your "Extension" before your status expires, you'll be just fine.
Thank you soo soo much! Where it asks on the application to extend about Employment going back 10 years (which would mean I was 18) I can't remember what I was doing that far back :'( Do I just put the jobs I've had in the last 10 years and skip all the gaps where I was unemployed? :'( :'( And if I put unemployed when I validate it it says that I have to put employer/facility :mad:

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
missboon said:
Thank you soo soo much! Where it asks on the application to extend about Employment going back 10 years (which would mean I was 18) I can't remember what I was doing that far back :'( Do I just put the jobs I've had in the last 10 years and skip all the gaps where I was unemployed? :'( :'( And if I put unemployed when I validate it it says that I have to put employer/facility :mad:
Just write the ones you remember, I had a bunch but I didn't put them all, just the important ones and if you haven't had any jobs just put that you were studying or something (if that's the case) :) It's very hard to write down 10 years of employment history.