Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
shyla36 said:
Thank you for this. Yes, when i sent my application, i explained to them my situation and mentioned that I will send the marriage cert as soon as I get it. Guess, I will just have to send a copy and wait if they will ask for it again. -:)
Yes, am still on legal status till the end of October. I spoke with a friend of mine who applied for Pr inland too who got her DM and owp on the 6th month ( yes, lucky her) but this was in 2010. Angway, when she applied she submitted owp, Pr, and visitor visa extension. Her visitor visa extension fee was refunded as the cic person said she didnt need that as she already submitted owp. So i guess, we did the right thing.
Ohh, i am still far in the waiting game. Havent receiveed aor yet but its just been 2 weeks so i guess just keep on waiting. Am just lucky hubby ( who is the canadian citizen) is very supportive and understanding. Sometimes, i tell myself, i wished i did the outland. But i know i shouldnt regret as it wouldnt help. It just hit me sometimes especially when i feel so down.
Ok so I guess we don't need to. It's all so confusing and tiresome. Oh yeah I hate to say it but you certainly are in for a wait. So enjoy it while it lasts.. Gives you some free time at least. Catch up on sleep, books, series and what not. I'm past 7 months now being unemployed.. I thought I lost my sanity when I was 2 months into it, but i learned to deal with it so its not so bad anymore. It gives some comfort to talk to others who are in the same situation. Just try not to worry too much :)

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
fedepp said:
i apply for PR family sponsorship in february then apply for the OWP in august. my question is if i get any notification when they received the OWP application??????
Thanks
No, you don't receive a notification, but when they process your OWP they will send you an email saying something like "No action is being taken until you get your AIP"

kookoo

Sep 16, 2013
Hey!

I have couple of questions for you guys, i will be happy if you can answer.

We got married in august and I arrived to canada 1 week after with visitor visa for 9 years. We made an inland application in beginning of september and 3 days later open work permit application.

Our immigration lawyer told us to apply PR then OWP, but I see in this forum many joint applications. First question is are we still OK? I paid OWP separately. My wife is VOC B and I thought (also lawyer said) we can get OWP within 1-2 months. But I read in this forum that we need first stage approval before they take OWP in consideration (first stage approval takes around 6 months right?)

I quit my job to come here with my wife, now I'm facing with at least 6-7 months unemployment. Should I just stay at home and do nothing? It doesn't make any sense to me.

Most important question is, spouse of a temporary worker can apply for OWP right away, why spouse of a Citizen should wait for first stage approval?

Thanks in advance
George

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
kookoo said:
Hey!

We got married in august and I arrived to canada 1 week after with visitor visa for 9 years. We made an inland application in beginning of september and 3 days later open work permit application.

Our immigration lawyer told us to apply PR then OWP, but I see in this forum many joint applications. First question is are we still OK? I paid OWP separately. My wife is VOC B and I thought (also lawyer said) we can get OWP within 1-2 months. But I read in this forum that we need first stage approval before they take OWP in consideration (first stage approval takes around 6 months right?)

I quit my job to come here with my wife, now I'm facing with at least 6-7 months unemployment. Should I just stay at home and do nothing? It doesn't make any sense to me.

Most important question is, spouse of a temporary worker can apply for OWP right away, why spouse of a Citizen should wait for first stage approval?

Thanks in advance
George
Hi George. Unfortunately inland applications are very long. It depends, you may get lucky to get OWP at the 6th month mark, but as of right now it's taking between 7-10 months for AIP and OWP. Everybody else are, or have been unemployed. You could go Outland, but that means you still have to extend your stay as a visitor in Canada or stay in your home country and work. I know it stings to hear, but those are the options. You could however always try and see if you could obtain an LMO and get a work permit while you wait inland or Outland. But there isn't much else you can do. I'm not sure about your last question.

That's if you're being sponsored by a Canadian PR or citizen.

kookoo

Sep 16, 2013
Hi Line.a

Thank you for your fast response.

Now I'm thinking about calling my former employer and ask him to take me back and leave my wife here alone.
This situation is really stupid. I'm paying for an expensive service which takes months and they force me to leave my wife.

Incredible.

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
kookoo said:
Hi Line.a

Thank you for your fast response.

Now I'm thinking about calling my former employer and ask him to take me back and leave my wife here alone.
This situation is really stupid. I'm paying for an expensive service which takes months and they force me to leave my wife.

Incredible.
Why don't you try go inland and get a work permit in Canada?
What country are you from if you don't mind me asking? Because you may be eligible for an IEC visa or any other working holiday visas. I know how you feel, it took us over a year to figure it all out.

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
kookoo said:
Hey!

Thanks in advance
George
Hi George, most people apply for an OWP the same day as they are applying for their PR just because that gives them what we call "Implied Status" which means that you are legal in Canada until the day you get your AIP.

Some people (like me) applied for a PR first and months later for an OWP (I applied later because I still have a valid temporary resident status) so the funny part is that you can't work if you currently hold a "Tourist Visa or Temporary Resident Status" . I know it's very depressing.

The first stage of approval comes in 10 months (used to be 6 months but they are working very slow as they are on strike) the 10 months start counting when you get an AOR email... Did you get it yet ??

Another question I have is when you came to Canada did the immigration officer that stamped your passport wrote something on it as well?
Does it says how long you are allow to be in Canada ? if they didn't write anything then I assume you are allow to stay in Canada for 6 months and my advise to you is that before that you should apply for an OWP.

kookoo

Sep 16, 2013
Line.a said:
Why don't you try go inland and get a work permit in Canada?
What country are you from if you don't mind me asking? Because you may be eligible for an IEC visa or any other working holiday visas. I know how you feel, it took us over a year to figure it all out.

Ankara, Turkey. They are on strike and process will take at least 16 months. (according to their website)
Linea.a I'm holding a master degree in engineering, was working at an international company. I don't know if this brings any fast solution.

But i worked really hard to build a strong resume, now I should be unemployed for long time because a lawyer lied to us.

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
kookoo said:
Ankara, Turkey. They are on strike and process will take at least 16 months. (according to their website)
Linea.a I'm holding a master degree in engineering, was working at an international company. I don't know if this brings any fast solution.

But i worked really hard to build a strong resume, now I should be unemployed for long time because a lawyer lied to us.
You are holding a masters degree that may very well get you a work permit. Why don't you try search for jobs who will be willing to apply for an LMO for you - you can always apply for PR and work with and LMO at the same time (at least that's how I understand it) instead of going home. You should try contact the seniors like screech339 or Leon or even PMM on this forum regarding working. It is just sad being away from your wife I couldn't even imagine..

kookoo

Sep 16, 2013
Cirene said:
Hi George, most people apply for an OWP the same day as they are applying for their PR just because that gives them what we call "Implied Status" which means that you are legal in Canada until the day you get your AIP.

Some people (like me) applied for a PR first and months later for an OWP (I applied later because I still have a valid temporary resident status) so the funny part is that you can't work if you currently hold a "Tourist Visa or Temporary Resident Status" . I know it's very depressing.

The first stage of approval comes in 10 months (used to be 6 months but they are working very slow as they are on strike) the 10 months start counting when you get an AOR email... Did you get it yet ??

Another question I have is when you came to Canada did the immigration officer that stamped your passport wrote something on it as well?
Does it says how long you are allow to be in Canada ? if they didn't write anything then I assume you are allow to stay in Canada for 6 months and my advise to you is that before that you should apply for an OWP.
Thank you for your answer.

I applied for an OWP 3 days after PR and didn't receive anything yet.
Officer didn't write anything on my passport, I also think I'm allowed to stay here 6 months. Actually I'm planning to leave ASAP and beg for my previous job.

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
kookoo said:
Thank you for your answer.

I applied for an OWP 3 days after PR and didn't receive anything yet.
Officer didn't write anything on my passport, I also think I'm allowed to stay here 6 months. Actually I'm planning to leave ASAP and beg for my previous job.
Hold on. OWP grants you implied status so you won't need to extend your stay online. Seen my post above this one? No you won't receive any response anytime soon, when did you apply for PR and OWP?

kookoo

Sep 16, 2013
Line.a said:
You are holding a masters degree that may very well get you a work permit. Why don't you try search for jobs who will be willing to apply for an LMO for you - you can always apply for PR and work with and LMO at the same time (at least that's how I understand it) instead of going home. You should try contact the seniors like screech339 or Leon or even PMM on this forum regarding working. It is just sad being away from your wife I couldn't even imagine..
Line.a I heard LMO is really difficult to get, companies even tell in job description that they look for somebody who holds work permit. They simply choose canadian alternative.

If this is the case, I don't want to start a life in this country. I will probably take my wife with me and go back to Turkey.

kookoo

Sep 16, 2013
Line.a said:
Hold on. OWP grants you implied status so you won't need to extend your stay online. Seen my post above this one? No you won't receive any response anytime soon, when did you apply for PR and OWP?
3rd and 6th September.

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
kookoo said:
Line.a I heard LMO is really difficult to get, companies even tell in job description that they look for somebody who holds work permit. They simply choose canadian alternative.

If this is the case, I don't want to start a life in this country. I will probably take my wife with me and go back to Turkey.
Canada is somewhat easy to immigrate to I would say. Other countries are much more strict. You should contact screech339, Leon or PMM search for them on this board and ask what to do in your situation, they know much more than I personally do!

WaitingKiwi

Star Member
Aug 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
Med's Done....
18-04-2013
KooKoo you might be eligible for a skilled workers visa. Im not sure what the process is or how long it takes tho, but there are other options.