Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
missboon said:
We are as far as me redoing my police certificate since it's expired ::) then extending my visit status which I have to do because the beginning of next month would be 30 days before my status is up. I'm not sure whether to do my medical now or wait til they request it :-\

I tried to get into hockey but I can't lol :-X I really don't like sports much because I grew up watch wrestling which is now considered just sports entertainment ::) but it's what I grew up with so its what I know...lol I see how upset my hubby gets watching hockey - can't deal with that :p
I don't think you need to extend your stay here if you applied for an OWP along with the application. I extended my stay and got until August 9th this year, and I haven't restored it since it ran out. Oh nice, when are you from if you don't mind me asking? :) yeah hockey is super intense, I actually cried when the Pens lost against Boston earlier this year! Haha I bet most Canadians do I think :)

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
ACS said:
Thanks everyone for the info to login.

However it gives me this message:
This form is incomplete. Please provide the necessary information below, then send your request again.

1.Client ID Number/Unique Client Identifier has four (4) numbers, a hyphen (-), and four (4) more numbers. (Example: 0000-0000).

And the C REC number on his Visitor Visa does not fit this format at all. It is 9 digits long (not 8 ) and does not have the hyphen.
Just fill in the numbers no "-"s or anything like that.. Just the number out in one!

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
OK...well first of all I was looking at the wrong line and put his Passport # in. oops ::)

But Secondly on his Visitor Visa where it should be this CREC # it just has the letters FPA.....??? No actual #..... :(

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
ACS said:
OK...well first of all I was looking at the wrong line and put his Passport # in. oops ::)

But Secondly on his Visitor Visa where it should be this CREC # it just has the letters FPA.....??? No actual #..... :(
Right next to FPA should be 8 numbers... It doesn't say "UCI" it doesn't say anything, just numbers

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
ACS said:

Hmmm I'm not sure what that means. There should be a UCI on there somewhere. Maybe try the different options on that link I gave you and see if it works. Otherwise I think there isn't much else to do but to call them and ask for the UCI :)

missboon

Star Member
Jan 13, 2012
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2013
AOR Received.
20-11-2013
Line.a said:
I don't think you need to extend your stay here if you applied for an OWP along with the application. I extended my stay and got until August 9th this year, and I haven't restored it since it ran out. Oh nice, when are you from if you don't mind me asking? :) yeah hockey is super intense, I actually cried when the Pens lost against Boston earlier this year! Haha I bet most Canadians do I think :)
I was wondering if I was allowed to apply for an OWP with my app ??? So I don't need to extend my stay even though by the time I send in my application my status will be up?

I am from New York actually 8) The funny thing is people don't think I have an accent but they think my hubby who is born and raised in Canada does! It's a big change being here even though it's only an hour and a half plane ride from New York... being away from my family and all is still something I'm getting used to but it's worth it to be with my husband <3

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
missboon said:
I was wondering if I was allowed to apply for an OWP with my app ??? So I don't need to extend my stay even though by the time I send in my application my status will be up?

I am from New York actually 8) The funny thing is people don't think I have an accent but they think my hubby who is born and raised in Canada does! It's a big change being here even though it's only an hour and a half plane ride from New York... being away from my family and all is still something I'm getting used to but it's worth it to be with my husband <3
That's how I understood it, I didn't extend it furthermore after it expired last month. With an OWP pending it automatically gives you implied status as a visitor :)

Oh wow like upstate NY? I heard its beautiful there. We live in Calgary and got the mountain view from our windows.. Absolutely love it.. But I wish there were more trees haha it's pretty bare! I'm from Denmark which is a 11 hour flight to London or Frankfurt and then further 2 hours from there to where my family live.. You're lucky yours live close by (ish) :)

Yah as long as your hubby is there then that's what matters! :)

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
No luck with the Login...*sigh*....

But thanks everyone for the input!! It is, as always, greatly appreciated!! :)

Guess I will be making a dreaded call into CIC at 8am tomorrow...whoohooo ::)

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
ACS said:
No luck with the Login...*sigh*....

But thanks everyone for the input!! It is, as always, greatly appreciated!! :)

Guess I will be making a dreaded call into CIC at 8am tomorrow...whoohooo ::)
I'm so sorry to hear that. Did you try with his two family names (if he has two like me) ??

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
Cirene said:
I'm so sorry to hear that. Did you try with his two family names (if he has two like me) ??
Si, con los dos y tambien con solo uno....because on the Visitor Visa they only wrote one of his last names, but his passport of course has the 2.

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
ACS said:
Si, con los dos y tambien con solo uno....because on the Visitor Visa they only wrote one of his last names, but his passport of course has the 2.
Oh I see, to check my status I have to write both like in my passport or else shows that I don't exist. Good luck tomorrow ACS

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
Hi. I am new in this forum but has been following this. I sent my application last August 28 but did not include marriage certificate as my hubby and i got married in ontario and it would take 3 months to order one and cant wait longer till i send in my app. I included the Record of Solemnization which was attached initially by some members here who are in the same situation as me and said it worked just fine. Anyway, i havent received AOR yet, but just got a notice that my marriage certificate has been mailed by ontario already. My question is, how can i send the copy of my marriage certificate when I dont have any UCI or AOR to which it can be attached to when they receive it. Or can i just put a note to attach it to my application with my surname and family name in it? I want to mail it soon so as not to derail the processing but i want to make sure that it is attached to my application.
Also, i sent my OWP with the PR application inland so i am on implied status and does not need to extend visitor's visa, am i right?
Thank you very much for your help.

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
shyla36 said:
Hi. I am new in this forum but has been following this. I sent my application last August 28 but did not include marriage certificate as my hubby and i got married in ontario and it would take 3 months to order one and cant wait longer till i send in my app. I included the Record of Solemnization which was attached initially by some members here who are in the same situation as me and said it worked just fine. Anyway, i havent received AOR yet, but just got a notice that my marriage certificate has been mailed by ontario already. My question is, how can i send the copy of my marriage certificate when I dont have any UCI or AOR to which it can be attached to when they receive it. Or can i just put a note to attach it to my application with my surname and family name in it? I want to mail it soon so as not to derail the processing but i want to make sure that it is attached to my application.
Also, i sent my OWP with the PR application inland so i am on implied status and does not need to extend visitor's visa, am i right?
Thank you very much for your help.
Hi, welcome on the board. I'm not too sure with the marriage certificate, I would personally just explain the situation on a separate piece of paper and sign it so they understand, if they require more I'm sure they will contact you in that case. Or simply wait until you receive AOR.

As for implied status I'm not a 100% sure but for the past couple month I have been asking numerous of seniors in the forum about my situation and everybody pretty much told me that if one applied for OWP and sent it along with the PR application and are on legal status they automatically go on implied status and therefore it's unnecessary to apply to extend it.

My situation was a bit weird however.. Because I was on an IEC visa before applying for this, and it ran out a day or two before Vegreville received it, so we hurried up and changed my condition of my IEC visa to visitor which we received a confirmation they got it, so I was on implied status. So going from implied status to implied status is ok I'm guessing lol. I am still not sure, but I got my extension which just expired last month and I didn't restore it... :)

fedepp

Aug 9, 2013
i apply for PR family sponsorship in february then apply for the OWP in august. my question is if i get any notification when they received the OWP application??????
Thanks

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
Line.a said:
Hi, welcome on the board. I'm not too sure with the marriage certificate, I would personally just explain the situation on a separate piece of paper and sign it so they understand, if they require more I'm sure they will contact you in that case. Or simply wait until you receive AOR.

As for implied status I'm not a 100% sure but for the past couple month I have been asking numerous of seniors in the forum about my situation and everybody pretty much told me that if one applied for OWP and sent it along with the PR application and are on legal status they automatically go on implied status and therefore it's unnecessary to apply to extend it.

My situation was a bit weird however.. Because I was on an IEC visa before applying for this, and it ran out a day or two before Vegreville received it, so we hurried up and changed my condition of my IEC visa to visitor which we received a confirmation they got it, so I was on implied status. So going from implied status to implied status is ok I'm guessing lol. I am still not sure, but I got my extension which just expired last month and I didn't restore it... :)
Thank you for this. Yes, when i sent my application, i explained to them my situation and mentioned that I will send the marriage cert as soon as I get it. Guess, I will just have to send a copy and wait if they will ask for it again. -:)
Yes, am still on legal status till the end of October. I spoke with a friend of mine who applied for Pr inland too who got her DM and owp on the 6th month ( yes, lucky her) but this was in 2010. Angway, when she applied she submitted owp, Pr, and visitor visa extension. Her visitor visa extension fee was refunded as the cic person said she didnt need that as she already submitted owp. So i guess, we did the right thing.
Ohh, i am still far in the waiting game. Havent receiveed aor yet but its just been 2 weeks so i guess just keep on waiting. Am just lucky hubby ( who is the canadian citizen) is very supportive and understanding. Sometimes, i tell myself, i wished i did the outland. But i know i shouldnt regret as it wouldnt help. It just hit me sometimes especially when i feel so down.