+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

kookoo

Sep 16, 2013
Line.a said:
Canada is somewhat easy to immigrate to I would say. Other countries are much more strict. You should contact screech339, Leon or PMM search for them on this board and ask what to do in your situation, they know much more than I personally do!
Sorry but if I'm forced to be unemployed for 8-10 months after paying $550 + $150 for application. I can't tell this is easy.
I will ask them.

Thank you very much for your honest comments.

WaitingKiwi

Star Member
Aug 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
Med's Done....
18-04-2013
On another note, I just found the article from 2012 about the Vegreville office. It a umm interesting read..

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/politics/archives/2012/07/20120723-072542.html

We also contacted out local MP about the strikes and the amount of time this is taking. He could offer us no information to what we already new. He also didn't know much about the inland process.

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
kookoo said:
Sorry but if I'm forced to be unemployed for 8-10 months after paying $550 + $150 for application. I can't tell this is easy.
I will ask them.

Thank you very much for your honest comments.
You are welcome, good luck!!

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
I think we are in one way or another on the same boat here. I left a very rewarding career back in my country. I hold an MBA degree. I, at some point, thought of going back home but then that cancels out my application inland, right? Plus, my hubby didnt want us to be away from each other again. I left a condo which am still paying till now thru the savings i had when i was still working. Am still waiting for somebody to lease it out, but till that I am burdened with depleting my savings as I do not have work here.
In line with George concern, what do you think is the best way to find a company that can offer LMO, if there might be some there, as I know this is an added cost to the company. Do i just send out resumes and take it from there? I asked my hubby and he didnt know much about it.

missboon

Star Member
Jan 13, 2012
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2013
AOR Received.
20-11-2013
Line.a said:
That's how I understood it, I didn't extend it furthermore after it expired last month. With an OWP pending it automatically gives you implied status as a visitor :)

Oh wow like upstate NY? I heard its beautiful there. We live in Calgary and got the mountain view from our windows.. Absolutely love it.. But I wish there were more trees haha it's pretty bare! I'm from Denmark which is a 11 hour flight to London or Frankfurt and then further 2 hours from there to where my family live.. You're lucky yours live close by (ish) :)

Yah as long as your hubby is there then that's what matters! :)
Hhmm I might check to make sure that's valid in my case. I would hate to be here without 'status' and then that screws up the entire process ::) I'm from Brooklyn, New York actually. I can still remember the sign when your exiting off the bridge "Welcome to Brooklyn. Like no other place in the world!" :) When I first met my husband and we were talking about where we are from and whatnot...I asked him what borough he lives in :p lmao he had no idea what I was I talking about....and talking about provinces...I was like "what's a province?" lol I'm geographically retarded as they say so this was a whole new experience for us both! 8)

minime#

Aug 3, 2012
Hey everyone quick question how do u know when your police certificates expire, do u redo them yourself or wait until they request for u to redo them?

fedepp

Aug 9, 2013
Cirene said:
No, you don't receive a notification, but when they process your OWP they will send you an email saying something like "No action is being taken until you get your AIP"
i sent the OWP by mail, and the processing time says 65 days. is that it???????
gracias

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
fedepp said:
i sent the OWP by mail, and the processing time says 65 days. is that it???????
gracias
I think that is true for those with LMO. Ours, if you are on spousal sponsorship, Owp will be decided on after AIP or stage 1 which is 10 months from aor currently -:(

mrsc08

Star Member
May 26, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2013
Doc's Request.
09-01-2014
AOR Received.
21-03-2013
Med's Request
09-01-2014
Med's Done....
20-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
AIP: 23-03-2014
missboon said:
I was wondering if I was allowed to apply for an OWP with my app ??? So I don't need to extend my stay even though by the time I send in my application my status will be up?

I am from New York actually 8) The funny thing is people don't think I have an accent but they think my hubby who is born and raised in Canada does! It's a big change being here even though it's only an hour and a half plane ride from New York... being away from my family and all is still something I'm getting used to but it's worth it to be with my husband <3
It's actually confusing. They said from the time you're immigration documents expired, we have 90 days to stay and maybe find a way to extend either by study, work and visitor permit. Now if that 90 days only applies to someone who holds a work permit or to visitors too.

My work permit will expire nov 30, we submitted our PR app with OWP app in March this year, so I'm considered on implied status.. Period. However, since my work permit will expire soon, my health benefits will expire as well. So even I hold an implied status, I submitted my app to extend/change my stay from worker to visitor last week for the sake of being covered by provincial health. To me, 6 months of peace of mind is definitely worth the $75. :)

jayshe25

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville,AB Transfer to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
30-08-2013
File Transfer...
01-03-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
28-10-2014
Interview........
March 16, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 16, 2015
LANDED..........
March 16, 2015
Hello all. We sent our Application August 6, 2013 :) I hope and I pray that I will received mine faster :) Just a Wish

Category: Spouse
Visa office: Vegreville
App received: August 8, 2013
In process: August 30, 2013
AIP:
OWP
DM:
Landing:
PR card:

jayshe25

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville,AB Transfer to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
30-08-2013
File Transfer...
01-03-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
28-10-2014
Interview........
March 16, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 16, 2015
LANDED..........
March 16, 2015
Hi, I'm taking over my husband's account, Okay, I'm a live-in-caregiver, I have a work permit that will expire on April of 2014, but since I completed my 24 months with my employer, I decided to apply for an OWP including my husband sponsorship application, since my employer is not treating me well decided to quit my job to that employer of mine taking the risk that I can't work for anybody else, plus i thought that when i submit my OWP with my work permit I can received my OWP in 55 days, My Mistake i didn't include my statement and deductions proof that i really completed my 24 months and i am eligible to have an open work permit already, its hard to be stuck at home not earning money, my savings in the bank are all zero balance and it's really embarrassing for my husband that he's paying all the bills and working everyday, while me lying on the bed,, that is not really good... and it's really not good that while you stuck in the house and not working your husband is doing everything to make money to buy food , pay bills, pay our house, that is tiring.... I hope CIC will make things easier, faster and not complicated, because i can't take seeing my husband so tired plus how can i get pregnant if he's tired at work (LOL just kidding) anyway CIC pls make a way for those people applying for an owp for their application to be faster... thank you

SM

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
So I called CIC about not having rec'd my AOR yet. The Call Center Rep advised me that they are only processing AORs from Aug.8th.....(despite that we know some from the 19th have rec'd AOR's).

But at least I was able to verify that they do have my correct e-mail address, and she gave me our Application number, but says there has not been a UCI issued for our Application yet.

The Application # doesn't seem to work on the website yet, but that's ok...I will wait (impatiently) for the AOR which she told be should be in 1-2 weeks.

All this about the AOR and I know that it's basically useless, can't do much with it, except login online....but it's just a peace of mind thing.

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
minime# said:
Hey everyone quick question how do u know when your police certificates expire, do u redo them yourself or wait until they request for u to redo them?
Hello there, I found this in the "Instruction Guide - Application for Permanent Residence from within Canada, Spouse or Common-Law partner in Canada Class"

Police certificates

You and your family members who are 18 years of age and older and are not permanent residents or Canadian citizens must provide:

valid police certificate, or
police clearance, or
record of no information.
These documents are to be provided for each country other than Canada, in which you have lived for six (6) consecutive months or longer since reaching the age of 18.

Note: If you or your family members were under 18 years of age (16 years of age in certain jurisdictions) for the entire time you lived in a particular country, you do not need to provide a police certificate for that country.
The certificate must have been issued no more than three (3) months prior to submitting your application. If the original certificate is not in English or French, then you will need to submit both the certificate and the original copy of the translation prepared by an accredited translator.

We will also do our own background checks to determine if there are grounds under which you and your dependants may be inadmissible to Canada.

Please consult our website for specific and up-to-date information on how to obtain police certificates from any country.

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
jayshe25 said:
Hi, I'm taking over my husband's account, Okay, I'm a live-in-caregiver, I have a work permit that will expire on April of 2014, but since I completed my 24 months with my employer, I decided to apply for an OWP including my husband sponsorship application, since my employer is not treating me well decided to quit my job to that employer of mine taking the risk that I can't work for anybody else, plus i thought that when i submit my OWP with my work permit I can received my OWP in 55 days, My Mistake i didn't include my statement and deductions proof that i really completed my 24 months and i am eligible to have an open work permit already, its hard to be stuck at home not earning money, my savings in the bank are all zero balance and it's really embarrassing for my husband that he's paying all the bills and working everyday, while me lying on the bed,, that is not really good... and it's really not good that while you stuck in the house and not working your husband is doing everything to make money to buy food , pay bills, pay our house, that is tiring.... I hope CIC will make things easier, faster and not complicated, because i can't take seeing my husband so tired plus how can i get pregnant if he's tired at work (LOL just kidding) anyway CIC pls make a way for those people applying for an owp for their application to be faster... thank you

SM

There are a lot of ppl in a similar situation to you. Just waiting to be able to work. And it is draining and stressful on any family. It might not make it better, but just remember you are not alone in what you are experiencing. That’s why this msg board is nice, not only the advice, but to some extent it is comforting to know there are others who have gone thru or are currently going thru similar struggles.

For me, (the wife) I am working 2 jobs, while my husband is at home watching our son. In some ways I’m jealous that he gets to spend so much time with our son instead of me. If it were financially feasible, I would LOVE to be a stay at home mom with my son, while hubby is out working. Lol. But we all do what we have to do to survive and get by. I always remind myself, at least we are together through this process instead having to spend months apart in different countries. We have been there, done that, and now that we have a son together, it is just not an option for us to be apart like that.

Although I do enjoy coming home from work to a clean house and a delish meal made by hubby!! :)

Jellyfishy

Star Member
Aug 14, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-04-2013
Med's Request
15-01-2014
Med's Done....
17-01-2014
I hope you know how greatful we all are for our spouses support during these trying time. I am sure your husband is insanely grateful for yours as well! I am so proud of all or SO's keeping us above water and never complaining.