Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
missboon said:
Hhmm I might check to make sure that's valid in my case. I would hate to be here without 'status' and then that screws up the entire process ::) I'm from Brooklyn, New York actually. I can still remember the sign when your exiting off the bridge "Welcome to Brooklyn. Like no other place in the world!" :) When I first met my husband and we were talking about where we are from and whatnot...I asked him what borough he lives in :p lmao he had no idea what I was I talking about....and talking about provinces...I was like "what's a province?" lol I'm geographically retarded as they say so this was a whole new experience for us both! 8)
Ah I wanna go to New York so bad.. Once I got money to travel again we will go! We are broke due to traveling right now haha. Ahh haha bless him living a couple hours away and still having such a huge difference in accents and what not is kinda funny. Haha I see.. Yah I didn't know Canada had provinces either before moving out here, I honestly thought it had much more mountains but what do I know lol. I'm so glad to live here in Canada though.. It's my 3rd country I live in and I can honestly say its the best for sure! :)

missboon

Star Member
Jan 13, 2012
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2013
AOR Received.
20-11-2013
mrsc08 said:
It's actually confusing. They said from the time you're immigration documents expired, we have 90 days to stay and maybe find a way to extend either by study, work and visitor permit. Now if that 90 days only applies to someone who holds a work permit or to visitors too.

My work permit will expire nov 30, we submitted our PR app with OWP app in March this year, so I'm considered on implied status.. Period. However, since my work permit will expire soon, my health benefits will expire as well. So even I hold an implied status, I submitted my app to extend/change my stay from worker to visitor last week for the sake of being covered by provincial health. To me, 6 months of peace of mind is definitely worth the $75. :)
OH I agree with that lol I'll be needing a piece of mind throughout this whole thing. I don't quite understand what it says in the beginning of the instruction guide about not needing legal status as long as you have a eligible sponsor....does this only apply after the first step of the process? The sponsor approval?

Spouses and common‑law partners of Canadian citizens and permanent residents in Canada who wish to apply for permanent resident status are no longer required to have legal immigration status provided that they have an eligible sponsor. All other eligibility requirements continue to apply.

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
So now that I called CIC and got my Application # (even though no AOR yet) I'm curious...

I read that Family Class Applications all start with F for Family....

Mine is XF000......

Anyone else have that? Or know if it means anything of any significance?

RRSweet

Star Member
Aug 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
AOR Received.
22-08-2013
Med's Request
sent with app
Med's Done....
10-07-2013
Interview........
AIP: August 8, 2014 OWP Received August 15, 2014 Decision Made: Jan. 26, 2015
LANDED..........
12-02-2015
Line.a said:
Ah I wanna go to New York so bad.. Once I got money to travel again we will go! We are broke due to traveling right now haha. Ahh haha bless him living a couple hours away and still having such a huge difference in accents and what not is kinda funny. Haha I see.. Yah I didn't know Canada had provinces either before moving out here, I honestly thought it had much more mountains but what do I know lol. I'm so glad to live here in Canada though.. It's my 3rd country I live in and I can honestly say its the best for sure! :)

Hey are you travelling out of Country? If so, have you encountered any hassle or difficulties?

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
RRSweet said:
Hey are you travelling out of Country? If so, have you encountered any hassle or difficulties?
Hi no, I'm definitely not traveling out of country until I have my PR. I had a warning when I once visited cuz I visited too often, so I'm not taking any chances. How come?

minime#

Aug 3, 2012
Cirene said:
Hello there, I found this in the "Instruction Guide - Application for Permanent Residence from within Canada, Spouse or Common-Law partner in Canada Class"

Police certificates

You and your family members who are 18 years of age and older and are not permanent residents or Canadian citizens must provide:

valid police certificate, or
police clearance, or
record of no information.
These documents are to be provided for each country other than Canada, in which you have lived for six (6) consecutive months or longer since reaching the age of 18.

Note: If you or your family members were under 18 years of age (16 years of age in certain jurisdictions) for the entire time you lived in a particular country, you do not need to provide a police certificate for that country.
The certificate must have been issued no more than three (3) months prior to submitting your application. If the original certificate is not in English or French, then you will need to submit both the certificate and the original copy of the translation prepared by an accredited translator.

We will also do our own background checks to determine if there are grounds under which you and your dependants may be inadmissible to Canada.

Please consult our website for specific and up-to-date information on how to obtain police certificates from any country.
Thank u

WaitingKiwi

Star Member
Aug 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
Med's Done....
18-04-2013
RRSweet said:
I wouldn't risk it.

Leaving Canada can automatically cancel temporary resident status as a visitor, student or worker.

The person being sponsored has no guarantee that he or she will be permitted to return or re‑enter Canada if he or she leaves before permanent residence is approved. This is especially true if a Temporary Resident Visa is required to enter Canada.

Applications in this category cannot be transferred to immigration offices outside Canada.

The person being sponsored will have to submit a new application to the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga (CPC‑M) if he or she cannot return to Canada.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
WaitingKiwi said:
I wouldn't risk it.

Leaving Canada can automatically cancel temporary resident status as a visitor, student or worker.

The person being sponsored has no guarantee that he or she will be permitted to return or re‑enter Canada if he or she leaves before permanent residence is approved. This is especially true if a Temporary Resident Visa is required to enter Canada.

Applications in this category cannot be transferred to immigration offices outside Canada.

The person being sponsored will have to submit a new application to the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga (CPC‑M) if he or she cannot return to Canada.
It is not so much as an automatically cancel your status because you left Canada. The issue is the ability to get back into Canada is where the trouble lies. If you get denied to enter back into Canada, only then does your application gets canceled since you are no longer "living" with your sponsor. There are some cases where some people have left on a short "vacation" a week/2 max and be able to re-enter Canada, even though they are from a visa required country. What gives them strength in being able to re-enter is having a TRV and OWP/WP/PGWP.

Screech339

RRSweet

Star Member
Aug 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
AOR Received.
22-08-2013
Med's Request
sent with app
Med's Done....
10-07-2013
Interview........
LANDED..........
12-02-2015
Line.a said:
Hi no, I'm definitely not traveling out of country until I have my PR. I had a warning when I once visited cuz I visited too often, so I'm not taking any chances. How come?
I was curious because my husband may have to leave (we aren't quite sure yet) but his father is very ill. So I was just wondering what people's experiences were with it. He is from a visa exempt Country.

RRSweet

Star Member
Aug 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
AOR Received.
22-08-2013
Med's Request
sent with app
Med's Done....
10-07-2013
Interview........
LANDED..........
12-02-2015
screech339 said:
It is not so much as an automatically cancel your status because you left Canada. The issue is the ability to get back into Canada is where the trouble lies. If you get denied to enter back into Canada, only then does your application gets canceled since you are no longer "living" with your sponsor. There are some cases where some people have left on a short "vacation" a week/2 max and be able to re-enter Canada, even though they are from a visa required country. What gives them strength in being able to re-enter is having a TRV and OWP/WP/PGWP.

Screech339
Thanks for shedding some light Screech! We don't have an OWP yet as we have just applied late July; however, we are hoping that him being from a visa exempt country would help get him back in if he does have to leave (father is very ill and may pass)

SmithyLinds

Star Member
May 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2013
AOR Received.
31-07-2013
My husband and I (I am the sponsor) are leaving Tuesday to go to England for 2 weeks. He really needs a visit home as it has been 2 years since he has seen his family. I know that there are risks to doing this but he is desperate to go home. I have researched and made phone calls and with the help of members in this forum I don't foresee there being an issue upon our return. He is visa exempt and I am travelling with him so hoping for an easy return with the IO. I have been so stressed about coming back into Canada. Please pray for us!!

LaylaLala

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Ontario, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-Jan-2013
AOR Received.
13-Feb2013
Med's Request
17-Nov-2013
Med's Done....
4-Dec-2013
Interview........
29-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
29-Apr-2014
SmithyLinds said:
My husband and I (I am the sponsor) are leaving Tuesday to go to England for 2 weeks. He really needs a visit home as it has been 2 years since he has seen his family. I know that there are risks to doing this but he is desperate to go home. I have researched and made phone calls and with the help of members in this forum I don't foresee there being an issue upon our return. He is visa exempt and I am travelling with him so hoping for an easy return with the IO. I have been so stressed about coming back into Canada. Please pray for us!!

I think it will be ok. I recommend you take the e-mail you got with your UCI number. That's what I did. My mom passed away and I obviously had to go back home. When I came back I told them what happened and gave them our UCI number. The officer checked on the system and made a note, stamped my passport and let me back in. And offered his condolences which I thought was very nice. Have a wonderful trip. Blessings!

fedepinedo

Star Member
Oct 4, 2010
Regina
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2013
AOR Received.
07-03-2013
LANDED..........
10-05-2012
Who wants to bet that tomorrow the time line will move forward a week. Lol ;D

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
fedepinedo said:
Fingers crossed ;D

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
fedepinedo said:
I sure hope so!! :)

Good job on being positive!!! :D

I will take that bet...I am all for seeing it moving forward...Preferably 1 week...or more!! ;D