Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Also, heads up everyone. I have a lot of replying back to people to do so there may be a lot of posts or long posts coming up.
Hope you don't mind but just wanted to take the time to write you all back. :D

lilly_inland

Star Member
Sep 16, 2010
Love_Young said:
Well the agents can't add the attachments but yes they can put a note on your file.
On my first extension I messed up and was literally about to be refused but because I had called a week earlier explaining to the agent that I would be mailing the additional documents to them, the agent put a note on my file for the IO assessing the application to see. Then one night I got a call from the IO saying that she had not got the documents yet but to fax them in since she was done with my application but waiting on that. She explained that she had saw the note on my file the agent had put stating I would be sending them in. It was because of this she didn't flat out refuse me for missing documents. So yes, they can add a note onto your file.
Oh really, when I called CIC, the agent told me that they cannot add any notes to my file. My passport expired and the extension was stamped on the next page. So I was concerned if the immigration officer will notice the stamp on the second page as usually they look for the expiry date on the first page with the personal info. The agent said that they did not have the capability to add notes to my file and that I would have to mail a letter explaining that.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
lilly_inland said:
Oh really, when I called CIC, the agent told me that they cannot add any notes to my file. My passport expired and the extension was stamped on the next page. So I was concerned if the immigration officer will notice the stamp on the second page as usually they look for the expiry date on the first page with the personal info. The agent said that they did not have the capability to add notes to my file and that I would have to mail a letter explaining that.
Wow that is horrible. That is why it is tedious but necessary to call and call and call to back up the information. It is definitely important to send a note but they also have the ability to at least inform them that an essential note is on the way. I don't think they normally do it and I know the woman that did it for me wasn't very willing to do it but she said "Okay we don't normally do this but since it is very important I am going to send a note/email to the IO so that when they assess your application they will know the documents are on the way but send out the documents ASAP." And I sent them out that day then the IO called (whom was so nice and funny) said she was finishing my application but just needed a couple documents faxed.

I told her I had sent them in which she said she saw the note that was there and that is why she called because she hadn't got them yet. Then she stated that we get thousands of mail a day that she was afraid she wouldn't get to it in time and she wanted to hurry up my application. Then I faxed it on the weekend and that Monday (our 1 year dating anniversary) she approved the extension. :) On a side note it was nice to talk to an IO and know that they are real people with real senses of humor. Me and her were even laughing together. I never felt nervous talking to her. I hope I get another one like her doing our PR application.

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
Love_Young said:
Well they don't have to set up a direct deposit with CRA, the checks can be mailed to you. Ours were. We just prefer not to have direct deposit. Also, they cannot e-file. The spouse that is a citizen or PR can but the immigrant spouse cannot. Doesn't matter whether you just landed or not. You have to paper file to the International office until they have enough information for tax purposes on you to e-file. You can link your accounts when doing them on ufile and it will put each spouses information on there. If there is any owed GST it will be sent to the citizen or PR spouse unless of course you opted for it to be transferred over to you. I still haven't heard back from my portion of the tax return (takes up to 4 months to finalize) but hubby got his refund/credit he was entitled to. I would suggest you send TeresaLynn a PM as she helped us tremendously with our taxes and it is because of her we did everything right and on our own. Good luck B-B. ;)
thanks! stupid question what does gst stand for?

twchu

Star Member
Feb 4, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Nov-2010
Doc's Request.
20-Apr-2011
AOR Received.
27-10-2011
Med's Done....
08-Mar-2011
LANDED..........
07-Mar-2011
Love_Young said:
Well they don't have to set up a direct deposit with CRA, the checks can be mailed to you. Ours were. We just prefer not to have direct deposit. Also, they cannot e-file. The spouse that is a citizen or PR can but the immigrant spouse cannot. Doesn't matter whether you just landed or not. You have to paper file to the International office until they have enough information for tax purposes on you to e-file. You can link your accounts when doing them on ufile and it will put each spouses information on there. If there is any owed GST it will be sent to the citizen or PR spouse unless of course you opted for it to be transferred over to you. I still haven't heard back from my portion of the tax return (takes up to 4 months to finalize) but hubby got his refund/credit he was entitled to. I would suggest you send TeresaLynn a PM as she helped us tremendously with our taxes and it is because of her we did everything right and on our own. Good luck B-B. ;)

Hi LY,

My suggestion to setup direct deposit account is meant to expedite the time needed to receive the refunds(checks can be lost in mails)....It is a fact that anyone who landed in 2010 being a permanent resident MUST file for paper application (checked with international tax office and the individual tax office) and i agree with you that they probably need to gather information for a efile account through the paper taxes.

It does matter when you landed because it does affect the federal and provincial amounts...Just that for B-B's case, it doesnt matter..

Btw, you do need to register for a efile number and efile password and it takes 30 days to process before u can get one.

Cheers

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
twchu said:
Hi LY,

My suggestion to setup direct deposit account is meant to expedite the time needed to receive the refunds(checks can be lost in mails)....It is a fact that anyone who landed in 2010 being a permanent resident MUST file for paper application (checked with international tax office and the individual tax office) and i agree with you that they probably need to gather information for a efile account through the paper taxes.

It does matter when you landed because it does affect the federal and provincial amounts...Just that for B-B's case, it doesnt matter..

Btw, you do need to register for a efile number and efile password and it takes 30 days to process before u can get one.

Cheers
Yes it does make sense for the expedited part of it. But we Netfiled my husband's and it only took 10 days for it to arrive so it really wasn't too bad. And it isn't just those that landed that MUST file a tax return it is anyone that feels they are entitled for a return even just a visitor, if you're a student, if you're a temporary worker, if you want your spouse to be entitled for GST, any time you're counted as a resident for tax purposes, and for when you are a resident even with no income. So there are a lot of MUST and RECOMMENDED'S. I don't see why they couldn't just Netfile. It is very easy to get a Netfile access code and you don't wait for 30 days. You can still send electronically and you receive the refund in 8-10 days. That is just my suggestion though but yours are just as good too. :)

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Sorry for complaining again but this wait is just tough on us all.
I just hate that I have to worry about my home right now more than usual.
My home was under a tornado warning last night and was real bad. Apparently more is to come.
I pray that my family and friends stay safe as I wish badly I could be there with them. :'(

Teriskier

Star Member
Jun 22, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2010
Med's Done....
14-06-2010
twchu said:
Hi LY,

Cheers
Hi twchu,

I am on the CRA International/Non-resident website and I am just wondering which forms I will need to fill out. This is my first year living and working in Canada (but I am not a PR yet, I have been here with student and off-campus work permits). Just wondering what your recommendation is as you seem fairly well versed.

Thanks!

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sophie100 said:
I finally received my OWP in the mail yesterday so I went straight down to the licencing centre to get my drivers licence and health card! YAY!! I can officially drive - now we need to buy a second vehicle! LOL!

I'm so happy we got the first stage out of the way, now we've got to worry about the next part. We're half way there now so hopefully in a few more months we can just relax and live normal lives without this stress.

I know how scary it is waiting for the first approval, but seriously, don't stress too much. I think they are much more easy going on inlander applications, and thats why we cant appeal the decision. My fiance is 13 years older than me, I thought they would judge our whole relationship on that, but they obviously haven't so far. Also, in the applications I wrote about how we are going to get married once we are allowed to leave the country as we want to do it in England (where I'm from) so that my family don't have to travel all the way here.

We missed a few things off our app too, we never sent the "Option C" print out, we didn't state any previous relationships (it would open a whole can of worms if we did that). So far it all seems to be smooth sailing, we got first stage approval. But now, like I said, we have to get through the 2nd stage which is just as bad as the first, only it doesn't take as long!
I was also scared about it. I am 20 y/o and my partner is older than me. We were expecting an interview for sure, but luckily the officer were satisfied with our application/evidences. As I said before 'Love always win!'

I am pretty sure your background check will be finalized really soon. :)

impulsive

Apr 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 2010
AOR Received.
Oct 2010
File Transfer...
Oct 2010
Interview........
2 INTERVIEWS 2012 & 2013
Passport Req..
DONE
VISA ISSUED...
YES
LANDED..........
YES
Hello everyone.

I files for spousal visa 4 my wife Sept 2010
application received oct 2010
trasfered to islmbd oct 2010

2 days ago I asked them for my file number

does anyone have any idea after receiving the letter from chc what is the next step and how long would it take.

This is from chc what they wrote today.
This is in response to your email (see below).

Your application is currently in process and is in queue for initial review.

We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

please let me know if someone have any idea.
thanx.

TeresaLynn

Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 18, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 07, 2011
AOR Received.
April 12, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
February 17, 2012
Impulsive this thread is for applications filed Inland (within Canada) maybe the Islambad thread can help you out.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
TeresaLynn said:
Impulsive this thread is for applications filed Inland (within Canada) maybe the Islambad thread can help you out.
I was just about to post the very same thing. Haha, great minds think alike. ;)

TeresaLynn

Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 18, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 07, 2011
AOR Received.
April 12, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
February 17, 2012
Black-Berry said:
Hye guys.. Im one of the last minute filers too and i have a question for LY!!.
My husband supported me in 2010. Obviously because i had NO income!.
Will he get the return or will i get anything?. Did you get anything??.
How did yours work??
Your husband is entitled to to claim the spousal amount on line 303 for you. below is the the description on the amount he can claim.

If, at any time in the year, you supported your spouse or common-law partner and his or her net income was:

less than $10,382, calculate your amount on line 303 of your Schedule 1, Federal Tax; or
$10,382 or more, you cannot claim a spouse or common-law partner amount.

I know you have three children, i think i remember reading that before, if you do your hubby can claim them on line 367 as long as they are born after 1993. He will get $2101 per child. But remember these are non-refundable so that means you take 15% of that and that 15% reduces the amount of tax your hubby pays. Which usually mean a higher refund because less tax is being paid. Does that make sense? There are many credits for families, many have been talked about on here before, such as the GST, CCTB, UCCB these credits will be issued to you and or your spouse if you are entitled and have applied for them. I hope this helps a bit, everyone's returns are different. It's hard to say if your spouse will get a refund or not, it all depends on how much tax was deducted throughout the year and the credits he is entitled to on his return. Good luck :)

PS. I can't wait for the Royal wedding tomorrow!! So excited :)

TeresaLynn

Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 18, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 07, 2011
AOR Received.
April 12, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
February 17, 2012
hehehehe LY!

I am getting so excited for you, it won't be long now :)

Ditta - Please don't stress, i know it's very hard, but the same thing happened to us, but i would call everyday, and they said no decision, no decision and no decision!!...i was soooo stressed at that time but then i called and there was a decision made. Each day is a different day, so hang on. It will all work out. I know it will. Just keep checking that's all you can do.