App. Filed.......
26-06-10
Med's Done....
20-06-10
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
02-06-11
OMG!!!My e-cas changed to decision made this morning. I just called and I was approved for 1st and 2nd stage together. I have to wait 4-6 weeks for Edmonton to schedule my landing interview. I can`t believe it!!!I was jumping around the house, my husband is at work on site, I have to wait to tell him. So you guys are the first I am able to tell.:) Oh and my son, but he is still a baby- he was happy to see me happy.:)
Thank you all for your help and support, this forum made the whole thing so much easier, especially at times when I felt down. An even bigger thank you for L_Y, I think of you more like a friend than a member of this site. Your time will come soon!

TeresaLynn

Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 18, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 07, 2011
AOR Received.
April 12, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
February 17, 2012
YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY SOOOOOO SOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOT WOOT!

twchu

Star Member
Feb 4, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Nov-2010
Doc's Request.
20-Apr-2011
AOR Received.
27-10-2011
Med's Done....
08-Mar-2011
LANDED..........
07-Mar-2011
Love_Young said:
Yes it does make sense for the expedited part of it. But we Netfiled my husband's and it only took 10 days for it to arrive so it really wasn't too bad. And it isn't just those that landed that MUST file a tax return it is anyone that feels they are entitled for a return even just a visitor, if you're a student, if you're a temporary worker, if you want your spouse to be entitled for GST, any time you're counted as a resident for tax purposes, and for when you are a resident even with no income. So there are a lot of MUST and RECOMMENDED'S. I don't see why they couldn't just Netfile. It is very easy to get a Netfile access code and you don't wait for 30 days. You can still send electronically and you receive the refund in 8-10 days. That is just my suggestion though but yours are just as good too. :)
Hey LY,

I totally agree with what you say. As long as you were in Canada in 2010 (whatever you are doing), it is strongly recommended that everyone file for taxes( Must file taxes if you earned income in canada last year, so you will know if you still to pay more taxes or getting any refunds). Even when there is no income, at least you are still entitled to the GST credits (can see it as free money so why not apply for it ;) ). Actually Netfile is just as good as efile but the difference is that Netfile does not update personal data eg. marital status, bank account info, mailing address and etc.... I have never netfile before but it is probably the same with efiling if you use the same UFILE software package.

Cheers

ditta

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-10
Med's Done....
20-06-10
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
02-06-11
Thanks TeresaLynn!! And thank you for the kind words, I really appreciate them. I`m sure you will be done soon.
By the way, I`m not taking a break, I will stay here and try to help others as much as this forum helped me.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
ditta said:
OMG!!!My e-cas changed to decision made this morning. I just called and I was approved for 1st and 2nd stage together. I have to wait 4-6 weeks for Edmonton to schedule my landing interview. I can`t believe it!!!I was jumping around the house, my husband is at work on site, I have to wait to tell him. So you guys are the first I am able to tell.:) Oh and my son, but he is still a baby- he was happy to see me happy.:)
Thank you all for your help and support, this forum made the whole thing so much easier, especially at times when I felt down. An even bigger thank you for L_Y, I think of you more like a friend than a member of this site. Your time will come soon!

OMG OMG OMG!!!! YAY!

I am just so so so happy for you right now. I have been waiting for you to hear that. I had a feeling you would be approved for both and that was what was taking a while. I think though I was more down the past week about you not getting any news because I knew you deserved it but now I am just so relieved. Please tell me how it goes with telling your hubby. I bet you are bursting at the seams to tell him. I know if I am approved this whole world is going to either hear me or feel it because I am going to be running around with happiness. It is so precious that your baby knew that though. He must have sensed it. And you are so welcome dear. I really consider you a dear friend as well. I pray my time is soon. By the way, can you call and ask what date you got approved? I am so changing the chart now. :p

twchu

Star Member
Feb 4, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Nov-2010
Doc's Request.
20-Apr-2011
AOR Received.
27-10-2011
Med's Done....
08-Mar-2011
LANDED..........
07-Mar-2011
Teriskier said:
Hi twchu,

I am on the CRA International/Non-resident website and I am just wondering which forms I will need to fill out. This is my first year living and working in Canada (but I am not a PR yet, I have been here with student and off-campus work permits). Just wondering what your recommendation is as you seem fairly well versed.

Thanks!
Hey Teri,

To give a general idea how you should go about.... These are the forms that i would suggest but since i dont know much about your current situation as a student...you should check out for tax clinics that offer free tax filing services and arrange an appointment with them. It maybe your best interest to do so since you will have all your T4 slips, rental information and etc...

1. Federal tax forms (green in colour)
-T1 general,
-Schedule 1
-Schedule 6 - if you work for the whole year of 2010 (WITB)
-T2204 (check if you overpaid CPP or EI)

2. Provincial forms (pink in colour)
-ON428
-ON479

3. Other forms
- ONBEN (if you paid property taxes or rent last year)

**I am not sure everyone knows, TTC monthly/weekly passes can filed as federal tax credits....

kiwikris

Oct 23, 2010
Ottawa, On
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville and Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
25-10-10
Med's Done....
18-09-2009
LANDED..........
08 Sep 2011
ditta said:
Congratulations Ditta!!!!!!! YAY!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

pepe261

Star Member
Apr 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-Nov-2010
Interview........
1-Dic-2011
ditta said:
Ditta!! congratulations!! I am so happy for you! Now you have to celebrate and enjoy the summer. God hears our prayers!
Good luck and congratulations again.

pepe

suenim

Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
NONE
LANDED..........
April 2011
ditta said:
Whooo hooo! Congrats to you! 1st and 2nd stage! It was well worth the wait. I know it's mind racking but now you can relax! Congrats again. L-Y.... you are next!!!! ;D

ditta

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-10
Med's Done....
20-06-10
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
02-06-11
Thanks Love_Young, you are a sweetheart! It was approved yesterday on the 27th. I`m still on cloud 9, who wouldn`t be? My hubby got to call me, he tought something is wrong, because I never call him at work this early. He was so very happy, he knows that I had a rough week. We will celebrate for sure, I`m off today. There is a plenty ahead that I can plan now. We want to go to Europe, my dad is so looking forward to see us and his grandson. I can take a real holiday finally. I can get my manager position at work. I can go back to school if I want to in September. After such a long time finally I will be able to say `I can`, if I want to, not if CIC wants me to. However, I must admit I always had a smooth ride with them, always got approved for all my visas, extensions.
Oh and I can plan to visit you and Grant one day in St. John, right? ;)

Mona_Barca

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ditta said:
Ditta -

I am really happy for you, I did open the Thread today to hear news from you, you were so stressed yesterday and I was either......God was on your side, you should really be happy............I am still waiting to hear about some other folks who filed within the same time period as yours......Hope they hear good news too..............Congratulations again, YOU DESERVE IT......

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
ditta said:
Thanks Love_Young, you are a sweetheart! It was approved yesterday on the 27th. I`m still on cloud 9, who wouldn`t be? My hubby got to call me, he tought something is wrong, because I never call him at work this early. He was so very happy, he knows that I had a rough week. We will celebrate for sure, I`m off today. There is a plenty ahead that I can plan now. We want to go to Europe, my dad is so looking forward to see us and his grandson. I can take a real holiday finally. I can get my manager position at work. I can go back to school if I want to in September. After such a long time finally I will be able to say `I can`, if I want to, not if CIC wants me to. However, I must admit I always had a smooth ride with them, always got approved for all my visas, extensions.
Oh and I can plan to visit you and Grant one day in St. John, right? ;)
Aww you're a sweetheart too. Thanks for sharing that. I bet you are still on cloud 9 and like you said who wouldn't be. I knew your hubby would be happy. What do you plan to do to celebrate? Hubby already said we are going to Montana's out to eat to celebrate. Lol. It must feel so wonderful just to do things when you want now and finally say you can do something. I can't wait for that. I truly can't. Haha I was just saying to hubby how I wish we could hang out and meet. Lol. Yeah we live in St. John's. We would love to hang out with you all. :D

suenim said:
L-Y.... you are next!!!! ;D
Haha aww thanks. I sure hope so. Hope my news won't lead to great disappointment. Lol.

Mona_Barca

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Love_Young said:
Aww you're a sweetheart too. Thanks for sharing that. I bet you are still on cloud 9 and like you said who wouldn't be. I knew your hubby would be happy. What do you plan to do to celebrate? Hubby already said we are going to Montana's out to eat to celebrate. Lol. It must feel so wonderful just to do things when you want now and finally say you can do something. I can't wait for that. I truly can't. Haha I was just saying to hubby how I wish we could hang out and meet. Lol. Yeah we live in St. John's. We would love to hang out with you all. :D
LY -

If you guys live in St John's why do you wanna go to Montana?

How is your week so far. hang in there it is coming your way.........

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Mona_Barca said:
LY -

If you guys live in St John's why do you wanna go to Montana?

How is your week so far. hang in there it is coming your way.........
Haha no we aren't going to Montana the state. Montana's the restaurant for a romantic dinner.
See here: http://www.montanas.ca/

And my week was rough but it is getting much better. Guess we are all due for a rough day here and there.
Thank you for asking. How has your week been? And yeah not much longer. Maybe only a couple of more weeks.
You aren't very far behind me either.

Mona_Barca

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Love_Young said:
Haha no we aren't going to Montana the state. Montana's the restaurant for a romantic dinner.
See here: http://www.montanas.ca/

And my week was rough but it is getting much better. Guess we are all due for a rough day here and there.
Thank you for asking. How has your week been? And yeah not much longer. Maybe only a couple of more weeks.
You aren't very far behind me either.
Aha that makes sense then..........It looks like a nice restaurant.........For me I would like just to go back home and see my family.....I have been stuck in North America for about a year and a half now............Hope the wait will conclude with a desirable outcome.....

I am thinking of trying the FOSS notes in a week or two, what do you think?