Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
ditta said:
Inlandappl and Lovely, thanks for your support. Without this forum I would go insane. It is a great feeling to be among people like myself and vent sometimes here. :)
You are welcome. I understand your feelings. ;)

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
Hye guys.. Im one of the last minute filers too and i have a question for LY!!.
My husband supported me in 2010. Obviously because i had NO income!.
Will he get the return or will i get anything?. Did you get anything??.
How did yours work??

CrazyLucy

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/08/2010
Med's Done....
24/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
07/11/2012
Hello.

I had a question reguarding Common Law. I sent my application in August of last year. I would like to add additional documents like extra proof / updated proof to this application. How would I go about doing this? Just send it to Vegreville in an envelope with a cover letter explaining whats in the envelope and my Client ID?

twchu

Star Member
Feb 4, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Nov-2010
Doc's Request.
20-Apr-2011
AOR Received.
27-10-2011
Med's Done....
08-Mar-2011
LANDED..........
07-Mar-2011
Black-Berry said:
Hye guys.. Im one of the last minute filers too and i have a question for LY!!.
My husband supported me in 2010. Obviously because i had NO income!.
Will he get the return or will i get anything?. Did you get anything??.
How did yours work??

Hi black-berry,

Sorry to butt in..Your husband would just need to file you as a spouse (just add spouse if he is using ufile)and since you do not have any income for 2010. You just need to file for the GST credits (funds receive quarterly) and setup a direct deposit account with CRA(if you are suppose to received refunds, they will be transferred into account after 2 weeks when u e-file your taxes electronically next year and there-forth). For GST credits, you can also choose to transfer your credits to your spouse if you wish.

Since you dont have income and never pay income taxes for 2010, there should be no federal or provincial taxes outstanding. Just fyi, there is UWCB and children recreational benefits if you have children...maybe you want to check that out.

Ufile is a good program to use but its not applicable for people who landed in 2010 because all the federal and provincial amounts/credits will all need to be pro-rated (according to when u arrive). I believe you can e-file your taxes together with your husband since you only landed in 2011 (i assumed your husband land before 2010 or citizen).

Please take note that landed immigrants of 2010, will need to file taxes in paper and send your taxes to international tax services office. (just for the 1st year)

International tax services : 18002675177
Individual tax enquiries : 18009598281

Hope it helps! ;)

sarahLDC

Star Member
Apr 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
santacruzan said:
salamat musta nman un applcation mo
Dito ako sa Edmonton,North. CtizenPinoy din asawa ko. July 2010 kami kinasal.Ito numero ko
pito,walo,zero,siyam, pito,apat,siyam,apat, apat, uno.

lilly_inland

Star Member
Sep 16, 2010
has anyone on this forum landed at the Kitchener, ON CIC office? I'd like to know what the processing time at the Kitchener office is for a landing interview. My ecas status changed to decision made on Apr 14. Also, if anyone knows the CIC office phone no for Kitchener, could you please share with me.

Hope July applicants waiting on AIP/PR are keeping strong....it's just a few days away guys !

LY - did you get your FOSS notes?

lilly_inland

Star Member
Sep 16, 2010
Love_Young said:
Well it says this on the letter. Did yours say this too?
"Enclosed is a portion of the personal information to which you are entitled under section 12(1) of the Privacy Act, which only permits you access to information about yourself. There has been information identified on your file which has been sent to Access to Information and Privacy Department in Ottawa for possible exemption. If these documents are exempted, the information will not be released to you."
:-X The only thing I could potentially think of it to be is stuff about hubby and his eligibility to sponsor because it said they gave all the stuff about me. What do you think? Did your second portion include stuff about your hubby? Did you get the second portion and if so how long did it take?

P.S. Did yours say the say the same thing about the RCMP checks as well or not?
Hi LY,

The first time I applied for FOSS, I got it in 2 covers. You will receive another envelope from Ottawa with some other sections. I got info about my OWP and fees paid from Ottawa. There wasn't anything confidential or private from what came in from Ottawa, but that is what is was. Nothing to worry :)

lilly_inland

Star Member
Sep 16, 2010
Love_Young said:
Mine says "Overs Health" too. The only spot I really have "Avres Security" listed is where they list the work in progress.
Down on the bottom it says (R) stand for Remarks so that is what I assumed it meant. I can't understand why they would have it listed twice on the same day and one have the (R) next to it though. And it doesn't say whether it was "passed" or not. Hopefully the second portion (if they give it to us) will say something good about our relationship.

Does anyone agree that they should send us forms explaining the codes? I mean that would be so much easier.
So I guess I will look forward to my second portion getting here next week. Hopefully sooner.
The codes at the bottom are for the Immigration officer to look at more details in the system. The Foss notes is being printed directly from the immigration system which is based off Mainframes (not sure if you understand computer terminology), so it just prints the whole screen as seen by an immigration officer. You don't have to worry about those letters. When an officer types in that letter, they will see another screen with other details.

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
twchu said:
Hi black-berry,

Sorry to butt in..Your husband would just need to file you as a spouse (just add spouse if he is using ufile)and since you do not have any income for 2010. You just need to file for the GST credits (funds receive quarterly) and setup a direct deposit account with CRA(if you are suppose to received refunds, they will be transferred into account after 2 weeks when u e-file your taxes electronically next year and there-forth). For GST credits, you can also choose to transfer your credits to your spouse if you wish.

Since you dont have income and never pay income taxes for 2010, there should be no federal or provincial taxes outstanding. Just fyi, there is UWCB and children recreational benefits if you have children...maybe you want to check that out.

Ufile is a good program to use but its not applicable for people who landed in 2010 because all the federal and provincial amounts/credits will all need to be pro-rated (according to when u arrive). I believe you can e-file your taxes together with your husband since you only landed in 2011 (i assumed your husband land before 2010 or citizen).

Please take note that landed immigrants of 2010, will need to file taxes in paper and send your taxes to international tax services office. (just for the 1st year)

Hope it helps! ;)

lilly_inland

Star Member
Sep 16, 2010
kiwikris said:
Ditta!! You will for sure get it next week! That women has NO idea what she was talking about, that would mean the processing date wouldn't change between now and the middle of May!! LY is right sometimes I think they just say whatever to get you off the phone and so as not to have a go at them for them not knowing...which would be honest of them. I was told I would have PR by end of May but then the next time I called they said timeframe unknown! So call often!

Good luck and I hope you get both!!! :) ;D
Yeah, I've found that the CIC agents are not all knowledgeable on the process. From this forum, I know more about the system than some of the CIC agents themselves ;-).

Keep trying, you may find someone who would be able to give you more details on your file. You can call as many times on the same day

lilly_inland

Star Member
Sep 16, 2010
Love_Young said:
I think people are misinterpreting me and think that I meant not to send extra evidence. That is NOT the case.
I actually agree with sending additional information in if you have it and feel it is vital but everyone has to understand it is all about timing as well. I mean if you send in your additional information too close to when AIP decision will be coming, it more than likely won't even be assessed or attached in time. They aren't going to hold off on your application decision for AIP because you send additional documents because in most cases they aren't even aware that you are sending in more proof so why would they wait. My suggestion however would be that if it is close to AIP decision and you decide to send in additional documents that you feel are vital in the assessment and worried about it getting attached in time then I would call and ask that the agent put a note on your file stating that "additional information" is being sent and requesting it be attached ASAP. If one agent won't do it, call again. They can state they aren't able to do that but they are. They have done so for me before and it helped me TREMENDOUSLY.

If you are still quite a few months away from AIP decision then feel free to send as it is certain it will be attached in time. However, just know that when sending evidence the time it takes to attach it is up in the air. I sent my additional document to be attached to the same address Inlandappl sent it to, listed the necessary information needed to find my file to attach, and even asked for it to be attached ASAP however it took 3 months for it to be attached. Which by the way is the "average" time it takes to attach additional documents. But on the other hand you could be as lucky as Inlandappl and it only take 3 weeks. If you are interested in doing so to attach documents then you need to take into consideration the maximum time it may take, include all information needed to attach the documents, and get tracking to confirm that it was received. Also, make copies of what you sent as well. Good luck everyone.

angtao: It is best that you wait to attach documents to your file until you can confirm they have starting processing your file also if you don't have a client id, you would need to wait until you do have one as it is vital information for them in helping them attach it to the proper file.
LY is right, it takes 3 months to open general correspondence at CIC Vegreville. So if you send any additional information or evidence, there is a chance that it may not be attached to your file when your application for PR is being reviewed. Also, CIC agents don't have the capability to add notes to your file, you have to send them through mail.

lilly_inland

Star Member
Sep 16, 2010
Love_Young said:
Also, I have been doing a lot of research trying to figure out FOSS note codes since the other posts floating around are just for CAIPS. I would like to one day have a thread that also helps those that apply for FOSS notes.

Remember how I said I had two spots that stated "RCMP check requested" one with an (R) next to it and the other with nothing next to it? Well to show the next part I am going to explain I will just type out for you all.

It looks like this:
EA 0001 IMM0703 - RCMP CHECK REQUESTED
AFL 0001 (R) IMM0703 - RCMP CHECK REQUESTED

Below that it has my visitor records that were issued before. Well I noticed that the abbreviations on the far left side stand for something because for my visitor records it said (VR) so it only would make sense that (EA) and (AFL) would stand for something too right? And the (0001) spots stand for how many of that document you were given. So I did a quick search for the code (AFL) in the CIC site and came across it being mentioned in only one manual. I had to search and search and this is what I came up with: "AFL (Application for Landing)". Now I just need to figure out the other code as well. If that AFL code is right then perhaps the RCMP check is a good thing.

If you like, you all can find the code in this manual too. It is on page 75 of 186. (Took me FOREVER to find)
http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/resources/manuals/fw/fw01-eng.pdf

Hope you don't find the FOSS talk annoying. I just find all this coding annoying/interesting. I just want to help you all more with understanding these things. ;)
LOL LY, I recommend that at the end of this process, you apply for an immigration officer position at CIC ;-).

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
twchu said:
Hi black-berry,

Hope it helps! ;)
Well they don't have to set up a direct deposit with CRA, the checks can be mailed to you. Ours were. We just prefer not to have direct deposit. Also, they cannot e-file. The spouse that is a citizen or PR can but the immigrant spouse cannot. Doesn't matter whether you just landed or not. You have to paper file to the International office until they have enough information for tax purposes on you to e-file. You can link your accounts when doing them on ufile and it will put each spouses information on there. If there is any owed GST it will be sent to the citizen or PR spouse unless of course you opted for it to be transferred over to you. I still haven't heard back from my portion of the tax return (takes up to 4 months to finalize) but hubby got his refund/credit he was entitled to. I would suggest you send TeresaLynn a PM as she helped us tremendously with our taxes and it is because of her we did everything right and on our own. Good luck B-B. ;)

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
lilly_inland said:
Also, CIC agents don't have the capability to add notes to your file, you have to send them through mail.
Well the agents can't add the attachments but yes they can put a note on your file.
On my first extension I messed up and was literally about to be refused but because I had called a week earlier explaining to the agent that I would be mailing the additional documents to them, the agent put a note on my file for the IO assessing the application to see. Then one night I got a call from the IO saying that she had not got the documents yet but to fax them in since she was done with my application but waiting on that. She explained that she had saw the note on my file the agent had put stating I would be sending them in. It was because of this she didn't flat out refuse me for missing documents. So yes, they can add a note onto your file.

lilly_inland

Star Member
Sep 16, 2010
Black-Berry said:
Asta, I was gonna ask you if you recieved it yet. hmm
I need to apply for a visa to go to the U.S. and i was told that i need the actual card!
\Congrats on getting it!..
Blackberry, which country are you from? I was told that there is a 3 month waiting period after you get your PR card to apply for a US visa. I had a friend who applied immediately after she received her PR and she was rejected with reason that she needs to apply after 3 months. She applied after 3 months and got her US visa.