Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Mona_Barca said:
Aha that makes sense then..........It looks like a nice restaurant.........For me I would like just to go back home and see my family.....I have been stuck in North America for about a year and a half now............Hope the wait will conclude with a desirable outcome.....

I am thinking of trying the FOSS notes in a week or two, what do you think?
Well we are going there for AIP but when I get approved for PR, I would love to go back home. Haven't seen it in 2 years now but I might have to wait for tickets to go down before I do but If that doesn't work out then I plan on getting my mom up here for a visit since she already wants to come here anyway. And it is a nice restaurant. We only went once and had gift card for it from Christmas. It is pretty pricey and they have a long wait but is worth it. We figure we deserve the treat after this wait. I bet you can't wait to go home though. When would you like to go there? And I think it would be alright to order FOSS notes. You have waited quite a while so it should tell you a good amount about the application.

lovely20

Mar 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 12, 2010
ditta said:
OMG!!!My e-cas changed to decision made this morning. I just called and I was approved for 1st and 2nd stage together. I have to wait 4-6 weeks for Edmonton to schedule my landing interview. I can`t believe it!!!I was jumping around the house, my husband is at work on site, I have to wait to tell him. So you guys are the first I am able to tell.:) Oh and my son, but he is still a baby- he was happy to see me happy.:)
Thank you all for your help and support, this forum made the whole thing so much easier, especially at times when I felt down. An even bigger thank you for L_Y, I think of you more like a friend than a member of this site. Your time will come soon!

Congratulations Ditta!!! Time to celebrate! :D :D :D

kiwikris

Oct 23, 2010
Ottawa, On
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville and Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
25-10-10
Med's Done....
18-09-2009
LANDED..........
08 Sep 2011
Got my second lot of FOSS notes a month after the first lot. Not much o there but they applied for my RCMP check in July last year......

Lovely20, how are you and the little one doing? :)

lovely20

Mar 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 12, 2010
kiwikris said:
Got my second lot of FOSS notes a month after the first lot. Not much o there but they applied for my RCMP check in July last year......

Lovely20, how are you and the little one doing? :)
Hi Kiwikris! You know I was thinking of ordering my FOSS notes too but just too lazy to do it, must be the hormones again LOL. My husband is teasing me that I've been using that line quite a lot lately.

Little one is doing fine, received my first trimester screening results yesterday and everything seems fine (I'm 35 and considered high-risk). So happy about it coz it means I don't have to do amniocentesis.

How about you? How are you these days? Can't wait for summer, we have a snowfall warning today and tomorrow, 20 cms.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
kiwikris said:
How long did it take you to get the second set?

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
ditta said:
OMG!!!My e-cas changed to decision made this morning. I just called and I was approved for 1st and 2nd stage together. I have to wait 4-6 weeks for Edmonton to schedule my landing interview. I can`t believe it!!!I was jumping around the house, my husband is at work on site, I have to wait to tell him. So you guys are the first I am able to tell.:) Oh and my son, but he is still a baby- he was happy to see me happy.:)
Thank you all for your help and support, this forum made the whole thing so much easier, especially at times when I felt down. An even bigger thank you for L_Y, I think of you more like a friend than a member of this site. Your time will come soon!
Just yesterday i told you not to worry and that there was a chance that you were going to be approved for AIP and PR at the same time....eheheheheh.....so Happy for you!!!!!!

Mona_Barca

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Love_Young said:
How long did it take you to get the second set?
LY –
I was going through old posts about the FOSS notes and have few questions:
The RCMP; how it is done without fingerprinting? I went two days ago to a fingerprinting agency and asked them to get me a Canadian Clearance.
You mentioned FBI clearance more than once before, why did you have to do it, did you live in US (the reason I am asking Is because I have lived there as well).
In the FOSS form under REQUEST FOR should I check the FOSS and type in my Client ID?

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Mona_Barca said:
LY –
I was going through old posts about the FOSS notes and have few questions:
The RCMP; how it is done without fingerprinting? I went two days ago to a fingerprinting agency and asked them to get me a Canadian Clearance.
You mentioned FBI clearance more than once before, why did you have to do it, did you live in US (the reason I am asking Is because I have lived there as well).
In the FOSS form under REQUEST FOR should I check the FOSS and type in my Client ID?
For the RCMP check all they need to do is run your name into the database. It is a basic background check. If they get a "hit" in the database then they will ask for your fingerprints. And I got an FBI clearance because you are supposed to provide a clearance for every country you have lived in for more than 6 months with your application. Considering I am from the US, I needed to provide one. And yes, you will mark off "FOSS" and put in your "Client ID". If you look back a few posts you will find a link that helps tell you more about filling out the form. Good luck.

kieran123

Star Member
Jul 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-10
Med's Done....
June 2010
I wonder when I will hear something

They received my application August 9th 2010, processing started Oct 6th 2010

Hopefully some time in May right?

What does AIP mean and what does it entitle me to? Can I get a new SIN number etc with AIP? Can I leave Canada once I have AIP?

Mona_Barca

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Love_Young said:
For the RCMP check all they need to do is run your name into the database. It is a basic background check. If they get a "hit" in the database then they will ask for your fingerprints. And I got an FBI clearance because you are supposed to provide a clearance for every country you have lived in for more than 6 months with your application. Considering I am from the US, I needed to provide one. And yes, you will mark off "FOSS" and put in your "Client ID". If you look back a few posts you will find a link that helps tell you more about filling out the form. Good luck.
LY -

Thanks for the tips. Ooh lord, I thought the process will be a little bit different if someone is a US Citizen!
I lived in US for about five months, and I know that I don't have to do FBI clearance, but I want to do it anyway just in case (whatif). Could you tell me how to order it from here?

Mona_Barca

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kieran123 said:
I wonder when I will hear something

They received my application August 9th 2010, processing started Oct 6th 2010

Hopefully some time in May right?

What does AIP mean and what does it entitle me to? Can I get a new SIN number etc with AIP? Can I leave Canada once I have AIP?
Kieran -

Yes it would be probably towards the end of May.....About leaving Canada there is no rule you can't leave, but you might risk youur application.....That being said you; if it is easy for you to come back to Canada, and you left Canada for an emergency, you might have a chance to let you in at the boarder....I don't recommend you doing this.....

I am not sure about the SIN!

kiwikris

Oct 23, 2010
Ottawa, On
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville and Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
25-10-10
Med's Done....
18-09-2009
LANDED..........
08 Sep 2011
kieran123 said:
If you already have a SIN I believe it starts with a 9 then it will be the same number, just renewed. You get a different one when you get PR

kieran123

Star Member
Jul 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-10
Med's Done....
June 2010
kiwikris said:
If you already have a SIN I believe it starts with a 9 then it will be the same number, just renewed. You get a different one when you get PR
Hey another kiwi...where abouts in NZ are you from?

My current SIN starts with a 9. I am still working, they said I can continue to use this expired SIN ( have a letter from CIC that states I am allowed to continue working ). I applied for an OWP at the same time as my PR

Did you get a new SIN card? Mine is the same with the same expiry in August 2010.

kiwikris

Oct 23, 2010
Ottawa, On
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville and Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
25-10-10
Med's Done....
18-09-2009
LANDED..........
08 Sep 2011
lovely20 said:
Hi Kiwikris! You know I was thinking of ordering my FOSS notes too but just too lazy to do it, must be the hormones again LOL. My husband is teasing me that I've been using that line quite a lot lately.

Little one is doing fine, received my first trimester screening results yesterday and everything seems fine (I'm 35 and considered high-risk). So happy about it coz it means I don't have to do amniocentesis.

How about you? How are you these days? Can't wait for summer, we have a snowfall warning today and tomorrow, 20 cms.
Ekkk snowfall!! I just want the rain and wind to stop here and get some sun and warmth for a while!
Glad you are doing well and everything seems fine :) It's all very nervewracking waiting for results, the worry will never stop now lol we are in it for the long haul..but it is well worth it.

Doing ok-ish, actually had a fall on Tuesday so was in the hospital for 4 hours being monitored and had bloods done as well. Was a bit scary but everything seems to be good now. Balance is starting to be affected now so just have to be careful.... I am hoping that the 3rd time we end up at the hospital is the delivery day, I have never been so many times in my life!
Only have 2.5 months left of work...I'm sure that time will fly!

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Mona_Barca said:
LY -

Thanks for the tips. Ooh lord, I thought the process will be a little bit different if someone is a US Citizen!
I lived in US for about five months, and I know that I don't have to do FBI clearance, but I want to do it anyway just in case (whatif). Could you tell me how to order it from here?
The process isn't any different just because I am a US citizen.
You don't need to worry about ordering one. If you haven't lived their for over 6 months and they haven't requested one from you yet (which they would have already) then you don't need to worry about getting one. Don't over stress yourself for things you don't need.