Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
TeresaLynn said:
CONGRATULATIONS ASTA!!!
thank u so much for all the good wishes and congrats. u are all sweet people. im holding fingers crossed for u all :-*

eyeoftheocean

Sep 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Jan 2009
File Transfer...
June 2009
Med's Done....
Dec 2008 2nd Meds done Jan 2011 Medical Results have been received March 11
Interview........
AIP interview Aug 09 Security interview May 2010
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
Congrats asta ! :)

Babyhangon

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2010
AOR Received.
AIP 21-11-2011
LANDED..........
02-04-2012
Asta, congratulations! One question: do you have to wait till you get the PR card to travel overseas or you can do it now? If you can travel overseas now, what paper would you use to re-enter Canada? The landing paper? Thanks a lot in advance.

Asta said:
yes, i have. i was about to tell about it :)

Soooo i have LANDED today :)
It was scheduled for 8am, and we were a bit late because of the huge traffic and i got nervous. But when we came into the room/hall where we supposed to land, i saw lots of people there waiting for their line. I think all of them were scheduled for 8am :) anyways, i imagined we will be called to a separate room just me and hubby and do landing interview. Actually it was like getting a SIN or Health Card (or bank). there were 8 workers and they call people one by one. So we were waiting for our turn till 9am. At first we were asked to pay 490$ - the Right of Permanent Residence Fee. Then we had to wait again. Soon we were called to "the window", the officer asked for my passport, asked if i had committed any crime, if i was forced to leave any country etc, (u know these questions). Then he asked me to check the data about me in the document im about to sign. I had to give 1 photo for PR card (they need only 1, they say they ask for 2 just in case one is damaged etc). So i signed it. I was told that PR card will arrive by mail in 6-8 weeks. and he added that i will be able to travel, and i always have to have this PR card with me while travelling. He stamped my passport. theres todays date on the stamp and he wrote near it "CPR" and number. Then he greeted me with PR. and said that i will be called soon again to change my SIN. After few minutes i was called to another window, and another officer changed my SIN number and said that the card will arrive in mail. They all were very nice and sweet, second officer was funny too :) . They apologized for the long wait. I was reminded to change health card too. Ill do that tomorrow. so thats it.

whos next? :)

hows birthday going, L.Y.? :)

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
Babyhangon said:
Asta, congratulations! One question: do you have to wait till you get the PR card to travel overseas or you can do it now? If you can travel overseas now, what paper would you use to re-enter Canada? The landing paper? Thanks a lot in advance.
thank u :)

the officer said that i can travel when i get the PR card. i also thought maybe i could use the landing document ("Confirmation of Permanent Residence") to re-enter, but on this document its clearly stated "NOT VALID FOR TRAVEL". well i dont have rush to travel and i will wait for the card..

what i found interesting in this document >> there are some codes i think like in FOSS notes which i havent seen myself, but what is interesting that it says - my medicals valid till jan 18, 2012. i did medicals in jan 2010. so did they make a mistake or medicals are valid for 2 years now?

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
Babyhangon said:
Asta has to wait for PR card, else Asta has to contact Canadian embassy abroad for temporary Travel Document. It is always better to wait for PR and then make any travel plans. Asta wait for a year, 6 weeks will pass by quickly.

Congrats Asta. :)

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
Asta said:
the officer said that i can travel when i get the PR card. i also thought maybe i could use the landing document ("Confirmation of Permanent Residence") to re-enter, but on this document its clearly stated "NOT VALID FOR TRAVEL". well i dont have rush to travel and i will wait for the card..

what i found interesting in this document >> there are some codes i think like in FOSS notes which i havent seen myself, but what is interesting that it says - my medicals valid till jan 18, 2012. i did medicals in jan 2010. so did they make a mistake or medicals are valid for 2 years now?
No it is common for CIC to extend the validity of medicals for inland applicants. My medical is expired on january 12, 2011 as well. As per Call center agent, they have extended my medical validity. Though i am not sure till when. I am guessing till January 12, 2012. :)

Babyhangon

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2010
AOR Received.
AIP 21-11-2011
LANDED..........
02-04-2012
Thank you, Asta and Adzees, for the explanation.

Love_young, just found it was your birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! may your beautiful dreams all come true. God bless.

Teriskier

Star Member
Jun 22, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2010
Med's Done....
14-06-2010
Random question....I have been trying to log-in to ecas with the client ID that I have from a study permit but I still can not. It has been over 5 months since my application arrived in Vegreville...is this normal? I know there isn't much to see but it would still be nice.

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
Teriskier said:
Random question....I have been trying to log-in to ecas with the client ID that I have from a study permit but I still can not. It has been over 5 months since my application arrived in Vegreville...is this normal? I know there isn't much to see but it would still be nice.
I think it is normal that you can not log in in ecas teriskier, i realized that you live in montreal so if you applied from within quebec your application will never show on ecas(like mine). i found this info on the cic website in the FAQ section of application processing times:

Q17: If I made an application to immigrate to Quebec, can I view my application status through CAS?

A17: No. Quebec is responsible for selecting immigrants wishing to settle within Quebec, and it does so separately from Immigration Canada. Therefore, CAS will not be available to you.

Please visit the Quebec Immigration Web site for more information regarding Quebec immigration.

A few months ago i called the quebec government and they said that it was not possible to check the status of the application for family sponsorships

SssS

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Inlandappl said:
I think it is normal that you can not log in in ecas teriskier, i realized that you live in montreal so if you applied from within quebec your application will never show on ecas(like mine). i found this info on the cic website in the FAQ section of application processing times:

Q17: If I made an application to immigrate to Quebec, can I view my application status through CAS?

A17: No. Quebec is responsible for selecting immigrants wishing to settle within Quebec, and it does so separately from Immigration Canada. Therefore, CAS will not be available to you.

Please visit the Quebec Immigration Web site for more information regarding Quebec immigration.

A few months ago i called the quebec government and they said that it was not possible to check the status of the application for family sponsorships
Hi, there

l have been lurking around and now finally decided to register so I can help answer some of the questions. I am an inland applicant from Montreal, so it is a Quebec stuff - longer (hope not) and more costly (for sure). My application was received on May 6, 2010 - did not include OWP so applied for 6 month visa extension (online) in September and received extension for one year in October I think. On January 24 I received letter from Vegreville to apply for CSQ. Applied, January 26 and CSQ received on February 27. So, right now I am waiting to see when Vegreville sends me something :).

To answer e-cas question, I was able to log in to e-cas after I received my visa extension, which stated my ID No. because I am from visa exempt country. And once my sponsor received the letter to proceed with MICC I could use his ID No. to see the status as well. Funny thing is that in my case, e-cas states, application received May 6 and started processing July 12, but on the sponsors' it says started processing January 12,2011 :).

A propos the call agents - I find them completely useless. I believe they see only what we see on e-cas. Just out of curiosity, I called to inquire about my application after I received letter from Vegreville to proceed with MICC, just to see if they had any clue. Surprise, surprise - they had no idea anything was sent to me, neither that I will first receive the letter to proceed with MICC. They just said (also when I called before) you will receive the decision - and then they calculated the current waiting time.

mi

Mar 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB + Edmonton, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
Doc's Request.
none
File Transfer...
19-02-2011
Med's Request
sent with application
Med's Done....
28-04-2010
Interview........
none
LANDED..........
19-03-2011
hello everyone, i discovered this post only a week ago and i would like to share my experience.

i am the sponsor to my boyfriend, he recently got the API letter CIC and now he is waiting for the local office appointment for landing. :p

we submitted the package on May 2, 2011, waited until last Thursday to receive the first letter :-X from CIC saying API is gained. it was the first time to know the client ID, he tried to log in using the receipt # for payment, but it never worked.

we submitted a complete package, along with medical exam and police clearance in Canada. we also included our pictures since 2000. we traveled a lot and pictures were taken all over the world. also family members in many pictures. other than that, we have several life insurance policies, company health plans for each other and active joint bank account, tax returns since we work (we file as common-law partner) and the form for declaring as common-law relationship. we also include university transcripts, put a couple of close friends and professors from university as references (we went to school together). CIC never requires any additional information.

our background is very simple, i am citizen and immigrated here 14 years ago. my boyfriend came here for high school and continued his education all the way to master degree. he spend over 10 years in school, all in Alberta. After graduation, he got a professional job and we bought a house 2 years ago (it is not joint though, just under his name).

i contacted CIC over the phone on behalf on him yesterday, the agent said everything looks good and he should receive a letter for appointment in Edmonton office in 4-6 weeks. she suggested to contact them again if nothing shows up by the end of march. all he needs to bring are passport, pictures and most important is $490!

figured cross, hope everything will be fine and he can land before his work permit expires in august this year.

information posted in this post is really helpful. and i am more than happy to answer questions similar to our case! :p

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
ASTA!!.... Congrats!!!.. now who is next??. im waiting with abated breathe!. hope its me!

Happy birthday love-young!. where are you getting away to??

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Woohoo, congrats Asta. So happy for you! Thank you for sharing your story. Hope you will keep stopping by.

I just want to say thank you so very much to all of you for the wonderful birthday wishes. You all truly brought a smile to my face. My birthday was the most amazing one I have had besides last year when I was proposed to. ^_^ I got like 10 presents from the in laws and they were amazing. And hubby got me a TON of art supplies for me, it was amazing. He said he wanted to support my talents. Aww... :) Hubby and I then got a shower and started packing bags. We left at like 6 pm because his dad was running late from work. We then went to the store to pick up some icing in a squeeze tube so I could write "happy birthday" on my cake, checked into our hotel room but wasn't there long, we then met a couple going through immigration too (one of them a member here) for the first time and had a wonderful supper with them, then they dropped us off to the mall (we don't have a car, felt bad for bumming a ride), and we then bought our tickets for the movie "Just Go With It". Such a good movie. We then took a cab back to our hotel at about 12:10 am where I blew out the candles on my cake and ate it. We weren't long falling asleep because we were very tired and hubby had been awake for over 24 hrs since he worked overnight the previous night and didn't want to sleep through my birthday. Aww..poor thing. We just woke up not long ago. Such a beautiful day out. I won't be on here much, wanting to really relax without a worry in mind with hubby. Again thank you so much for the birthday wishes. It was amazing.

Also, Black-Berry, we just went to hotel that is about 10 minutes away from our house. We got a gift certificate to the hotel from his parents for Christmas so we didn't get to use it until now. Was only enough for one night but we like to stay for two nights, so we just bought a second night.

Spring4.6.

Feb 6, 2011
Edmonton, Ab.
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Asta! Fantastic news! I am very happy for you and you give me really positive hope about my application with your example. I wish you all the best in your Canadian life!

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
SssS said:
Hi, there

l have been lurking around and now finally decided to register so I can help answer some of the questions. I am an inland applicant from Montreal, so it is a Quebec stuff - longer (hope not) and more costly (for sure). My application was received on May 6, 2010 - did not include OWP so applied for 6 month visa extension (online) in September and received extension for one year in October I think. On January 24 I received letter from Vegreville to apply for CSQ. Applied, January 26 and CSQ received on February 27. So, right now I am waiting to see when Vegreville sends me something :).

To answer e-cas question, I was able to log in to e-cas after I received my visa extension, which stated my ID No. because I am from visa exempt country. And once my sponsor received the letter to proceed with MICC I could use his ID No. to see the status as well. Funny thing is that in my case, e-cas states, application received May 6 and started processing July 12, but on the sponsors' it says started processing January 12,2011 :).

A propos the call agents - I find them completely useless. I believe they see only what we see on e-cas. Just out of curiosity, I called to inquire about my application after I received letter from Vegreville to proceed with MICC, just to see if they had any clue. Surprise, surprise - they had no idea anything was sent to me, neither that I will first receive the letter to proceed with MICC. They just said (also when I called before) you will receive the decision - and then they calculated the current waiting time.
Thanks for your post, It's really useful for me!