Med's Request
12-03-2011
Med's Done....
01-04-2011
LANDED..........
21-06-2011
Material said:
Hey Everyone

I need urgent advice please I dont know if some of you remember my situation here it is in breif :

-Wife denied visa at the airport we got married in Canada she doesnt have a status
-Filed an inland sponsorship app in August 2009
-Transfered to the local mississauga office in March 2010 without AIP
-Waiting and waiting and waiting !! nothing
-contacted my mp she told that it was at the etbicoke office in Toronto not mississauga (Ecas says its in mississauga) and that the file was sqeduled for reviewing in late april
-After a week or so my Ecas changed from mississauga to Etobicoke
-My wifes Ecas still says Mississauga !!!!!
-Sent requet for FOSS notes by fax about two weeks ago emailed the minister
-Preparing to send updates to the file and changing my rep

Today I got an email from the minister saying that my wife has an interview on march 16 at 8:00 am !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow that shocked me and right now im on panic mood !!

Any advice>>>HELP PLEASE !
Hi Material,
I am a bit confused. Did you get a letter from CIC or is it just the minister saying you have an interview? If you dont have a letter from CIC, immediately go to their office and confirm if you and spouse have an interview with them on March8. Ask them for a hard copy of the letter to find out if they want you to bring any specific documents to the interview.

Once interview with CIC is confirmed, take all the updates that you were planning to mail CIC, with you to the interview. Following is a list of interview questions that I found on another website. Prepare for the answers with your wife and be ready that you and ur spouse might be interviewed seperately.

Best of luck!

Communication

1. When and where did you meet your spouse for the first time?
3. Who made the first contact?
4. How often did you have contact before your first meeting in Person? How? Where is your proof?
5. How often did you talk on the phone when your spouse was you were in England?
6. Do you have phone bills, e-mails, cards, etc., and can I see them?

Travel

1. Where did you first Land in Canada? What date? (Which airport)
2. How many times have you been to Canada? How long each time?
3. Has you ever stayed in Canada out of Status?
4. Why were you out of status?
5. What did you do to rectify the situation?
6. When did you leave Canada? How long for?
7. Have you been admitted back into Canada with a legal status since?
8. Have you been issued any kind of document that authorizes you to live in Canada since you were out of status? If yes what type and when is the expiry date?
9. Has your spouse been to England? When?
10. How many times?
11. Where did your spouse land in England? (Which Airport)
12. Did your spouse go to England prior to your relationship?
13. Did you go to Canada prior to your relationship with your spouse?

Personal

1. What is your Husband’s name?
2. What do you call him?
3. How old is your spouse? What is your spouse's birth date?
4. What colour are his eyes and hair?
5. Does your spouse colour his hair?
6. Does your spouse wear glasses or contact lenses?
7. Does your spouse have any distinguishable features (birth marks, scars, disfigurements of the body)?
8. Where was your spouse born? Which country & City?
9. Does your spouse have any allergies?
10. What is your religion?
11. What is the religion of your spouse?
12. When you and your spouse were dating what would you do together?
13. Do you have any hobbies? Describe them.
14. Does your spouse have any hobbies? Describe them.
15. What type of music do you enjoy?
16. What type of music does your spouse enjoy?
17. What kind of movies do you enjoy?
18. What kind of movies does your spouse enjoy?
19. What kind of books do you read?
20. What kind of books does your spouse read?
21. Have you and your spouse ever exchanged gifts? Explain
22. Please explain the type of relationship you have had since your first meeting.
23. What makes your relationship with your spouse different from that of a female/male friend?
24. Does your spouse support you financially?
25. If I refuse this application what will you do?

Education

1. Where did your spouse go to school? (Elementary and high school)
2. How many years of school did your spouse Complete?
3. What degrees or formal training does your spouse have?
4. In terms of education, would you say that you and your spouse’s educational background are compatible?

Employment

1. Where did you work in England before coming to Canada?
2. What is the name of the company? What position did you hold? How long did you work there?
3. What did the job entail?
4. Did you like your job?
5. What was the salary?
6. What do you intend to do when you come to Canada?
7. What degrees or formal training do you have?
8. What degrees or formal training does your spouse have?
8. Where does your spouse work? What’s the name of the company? How does he get there?
9. How long has your spouse worked there?
10. What does the job entail?
11. does your spouse like his or her job?
12. What is the salary?

Accommodation

1. Where does your spouse live?
2. Whom does your spouse live with?
3. Does anyone else live in your household other than your spouse and children?
4. At what addresses have you lived at with your spouse?
5. Did you own any Property with your spouse?
6. What type of accommodation do you live in? House, condo or apartment?
7. Is it rental or do you own it? If rented How long is your lease? Are you both on the lease?
8. How much is the rent?
9. who makes sure the bills are paid? How much do you pay for Cable/phone/hydro etc?

Marriage

1. When and where did the marriage proposal take place?
2. Was your marriage arranged?
3. When did you get married?
4. Where did you get married?
5. Who was at the wedding?
6. How many people were at the ceremony?
7. What day was the ceremony held on?
8. Who performed the ceremony?
9. Do you have pictures of the ceremony?
10. Who was at the ceremony from your side?
11. Who was at the ceremony from your spouse’s side?
10. Were any friends present?
12. Were your parents at the wedding? If not, why not?
13. Where your spouse’s parents at the wedding? If not, why not?
14. Were your spouse’s parents aware of the wedding? If not, why not?
15. Was a reception held? When and where was it held?
16. Who was present at the reception?
17. Did you receive any wedding gifts? Describe them.
18. Did you on a honeymoon? Where did you go and for how long?
19. Can you show me pictures and receipts from the honeymoon, wedding and reception?
20. Have you or your spouse been married before?
21. Why was that relationship dissolved?
22. Who initiated the divorce?
23. What were the reasons for the divorce?
24. What was the date the marriage was dissolved?
25. Why did you marry your spouse?
26. Since your marriage have you seen your spouse? If not, why not?
27. Tell me why this marriage or relationship is genuine
28. Why were you so rushed to be married? How do you explain that?

Family members

1. Do you have any children form a previous relationship? If so what is their relationship like with your spouse?
2. What are their names and date of birth?
3. Who has Custody of these children?
4. Do you have visitation rights/spend time with them at your home or there’s?
5. How often do you see your children?
6. Does your Current spouse have any children from a previous relationship? If yes
A. What are their names and date of birth?
B. Who has Custody of these children?
C. Does your spouse have visitation rights/spend time with them?
D. How often does your spouse see their children?

7. Do you have any children from your current marriage?
8. How many children?
9. What are the names and birth dates?
10. Where are the children now?
11. Who looks after the children?
12. How many brothers and sisters does your spouse have?
13. What relatives does your spouse have in Canada?
14. What relatives do you have in Canada?
15. What are their names and where do they live?
16. What relatives does your spouse have outside of Canada?
17. What relatives do you have outside of Canada?
18. Has your spouse met any of your relatives or friends? Who have they met and when did they meet them?
19. Have you met any of your spouse’s relatives or friends? Whom have you met and when did you meet them?

Misc

1. Did you get married to get to Canada?
2. Did your spouse pay you to go to Canada?
3. Did anyone pay you to go to Canada?
4. Did you pay your spouse to sponsor you?
5. If yes, How much?

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Material said:
But I have heard that they dont look at any info you bring with u to the interview they only look at what u have on the app is that true?
That's not accurate, they do look at the evidences and sometimes they(CIC) request them to be brought to the interview.

Since your file has been static for a while I think you should gather as much evidence as you can to prove an ongoing relationship with your spouse (bills showing same address, photos from different occasions, letters(if any), cards(birthday, anniversary).

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I "second" komar's message, he said it all.

Material

Feb 16, 2011
boasorte said:
From Material's background it doesn't seem like a landing interview is seems more like an assessment interview where both sponsor and applicant will be interviewed to check the genuineness of their relationship or to clarify any concern brought up by the IO, i.e lack of legal status, criminal records ...
Good Luck ! :)

SssS: Congratulations on your AIP, hopefully you will get your landing interview letter soon as well! :)
Thanks boesorte I need it

Komar !! as always you have been great help !! thanks my friend I wish u all the best on your case u deserve it.

I didnt receive any letter from CIC indicating the interview date or anything about the interview, remember the email you gave me ? I sent an email and today I received the reply with the interview date and time !!!!

I didnt get my FOSS notes yet 2

The interview is on March 16

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
Material said:
Hey Everyone

I need urgent advice please I dont know if some of you remember my situation here it is in breif :

-Wife denied visa at the airport we got married in Canada she doesnt have a status
-Filed an inland sponsorship app in August 2009
-Transfered to the local mississauga office in March 2010 without AIP
-Waiting and waiting and waiting !! nothing
-contacted my mp she told that it was at the etbicoke office in Toronto not mississauga (Ecas says its in mississauga) and that the file was sqeduled for reviewing in late april
-After a week or so my Ecas changed from mississauga to Etobicoke
-My wifes Ecas still says Mississauga !!!!!
-Sent requet for FOSS notes by fax about two weeks ago emailed the minister
-Preparing to send updates to the file and changing my rep

Today I got an email from the minister saying that my wife has an interview on march 16 at 8:00 am !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow that shocked me and right now im on panic mood !!

Any advice>>>HELP PLEASE !
it is interview to check genuine relationship for sure. good news is that u wont need to wait any longer. now u should prepare for the interview. u should browse to look for common questions asked on the interviews. talk with each other about favorite stuff, parents in law birthdates, names (if u dont know yet) etc. cause interviewer will interview both of u separately with same questions and then compare ur answers. thats most likely. sometimes it differs, depends on an officer. be prepared to explain why u are out of status, the whole situation, be firm and strong when u explain stuff, dont be shy or dont get lost. if sponsored person doesnt speak english well, should bring an interpreter, and should be prepared to answer a question lets say how u communicate with each other if one of u doesnt know english much (sorry i dont know what country sponsored person is from, might be usa hehe).
best of luck!!!!

by the way this is normal to get an interview since ur case was transfered without AIP. and the letter for the interview should arrive. if it wont, in ur place i would call them and ask to make sure.

komar

Star Member
Dec 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2010
Med's Request
12-03-2011
Med's Done....
01-04-2011
LANDED..........
21-06-2011
Material said:
Thanks boesorte I need it

Komar !! as always you have been great help !! thanks my friend I wish u all the best on your case u deserve it.

I didnt receive any letter from CIC indicating the interview date or anything about the interview, remember the email you gave me ? I sent an email and today I received the reply with the interview date and time !!!!

I didnt get my FOSS notes yet 2

The interview is on March 16
You are most welcome. I almost had a heart attack that being on Mar8 the interview is too close for you to fully prepare. Thank God its on Mar16.

Be fully prepared for all situations and questions they might ask. Every piece of paper that has both your and your spouse's pics togather or names on it is evidence of your relationship. You should have documents to back all your statements and answers. If they dont ask for it, well and good but if they do, you wouldnt want to say you dont have it on you.

Keep in mind that they call for an interview when they dont beileve that you are in a genuine and continuing relationship. I am not trying to scare you but its very serious stuff so go online and google to find out all the scenarios that ppl have gone through. Hopefully your FOSS notes will arrive before that so you would know exactly what they are doubting and why. So hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

Material

Feb 16, 2011
Asta said:
it is interview to check genuine relationship for sure. good news is that u wont need to wait any longer. now u should prepare for the interview. u should browse to look for common questions asked on the interviews. talk with each other about favorite stuff, parents in law birthdates, names (if u dont know yet) etc. cause interviewer will interview both of u separately with same questions and then compare ur answers. thats most likely. sometimes it differs, depends on an officer. be prepared to explain why u are out of status, the whole situation, be firm and strong when u explain stuff, dont be shy or dont get lost. if sponsored person doesnt speak english well, should bring an interpreter, and should be prepared to answer a question lets say how u communicate with each other if one of u doesnt know english much (sorry i dont know what country sponsored person is from, might be usa hehe).
best of luck!!!!

by the way this is normal to get an interview since ur case was transfered without AIP. and the letter for the interview should arrive. if it wont, in ur place i would call them and ask to make sure.
Hey Asta

Thanks for the info ur right my wife speaks and understands English but I don’t think she would be a good speaker when under pressure. Our main language is Arabic and I’m defintly going to bring an interpreter with us just hope that he/she translates using the right sentences.

komar said:
You are most welcome. I almost had a heart attack that being on Mar8 the interview is too close for you to fully prepare. Thank God its on Mar16.

Be fully prepared for all situations and questions they might ask. Every piece of paper that has both your and your spouse's pics togather or names on it is evidence of your relationship. You should have documents to back all your statements and answers. If they dont ask for it, well and good but if they do, you wouldnt want to say you dont have it on you.

Keep in mind that they call for an interview when they dont beileve that you are in a genuine and continuing relationship. I am not trying to scare you but its very serious stuff so go online and google to find out all the scenarios that ppl have gone through. Hopefully your FOSS notes will arrive before that so you would know exactly what they are doubting and why. So hope for the best and prepare for the worst.
Thanks again just hope everything goes well

Material

Feb 16, 2011
Asta said:
Can I contact the local office directly by telephone ?? I am planning on going there 2morow anyways

Thanks

Spring4.6.

Feb 6, 2011
Edmonton, Ab.
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Hi Material!
I also think that interview should be a good thing, cause it is better that you have a chance to say what you have to say and to answer their questions, rather than to be rejected or case postponed more. So try to stay positive and just arm yourself and your wife with self esteem and talk with them.

Good luck!

Material

Feb 16, 2011
Spring4.6. said:
Hi Material!
I also think that interview should be a good thing, cause it is better that you have a chance to say what you have to say and to answer their questions, rather than to be rejected or case postponed more. So try to stay positive and just arm yourself and your wife with self esteem and talk with them.

Good luck!
Thanks spring !!! I hope so , I will try and stay positive

Material

Feb 16, 2011
Does any1 know where I could get an interpreter for the etobicoke office ? does he/she have to be certified or something ?

Thank you

komar

Star Member
Dec 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2010
Med's Request
12-03-2011
Med's Done....
01-04-2011
LANDED..........
21-06-2011
Material said:
Does any1 know where I could get an interpreter for the etobicoke office ? does he/she have to be certified or something ?

Thank you
When you go to the CIC office tomorrow, ask them if they could refer anyone or you can call and check with social services agencies in your area. They should be able to provide you with contact information of an Arabic/ English interpreter.

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
i got a part time job today in Dollarama. ahh at least smthing.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Congrats Asta!!! Its still a job and seriously finding one in 3 days after landing is just AMAZING!
Any tips for all of those looking?

TeresaLynn

Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 18, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 07, 2011
AOR Received.
April 12, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
February 17, 2012
WOOT WOOT Congrats ASTA!!

Question: The CIC website says they working on applications received May 4th, We all know that they are usually ahead of that date, how many weeks ahead are they usually? 2 weeks?? I know I won't get a definite answer but does anyone have any ideas?