Inland Application 2011

Angus

Star Member
Sep 15, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Schillachi said:
Well I can finally now log on to ecas it says in process but I dont know since when... day b4 yesterday I could not log on there, sponsor(wife) got a email 4 days ago saying they have received application, then boom yesterday both of us have access to ecas

Tecle.......... jus wow...............

Everyone else of my fellow 2011 inlanders, THUMBS UP if you want your files in Tecle's VO hands lol I certainly do!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8) 8) 8)
Did everyone get an email saying their application was received? Or is this just a new thing? I never got one, so just wondering. Thanks!

Angus

Star Member
Sep 15, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tecle - I know we all keep bugging you, but we're all just so fascinated by your case.

When you have time, could you do us a huge favour? Could you possibly log into eCas and copy and paste the details that show up into this forum? And if you don't mind, maybe just give us a few details such as where are you from, if your spouse is a born Canadian citizen (if not where are they from), how long you have been in Canada, how long you have been married, how much proof did you put into your application (i.e: how many photos, joint bills etc), where you will be landing, etc. Your case is truly one in a million and it would be really cool just to document the details here.

Thanks so much!

Serendipity

Star Member
Sep 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tecle said:
oh i forgot to said, My open work permit expired last september, now i am on implied status, but i want the extend cause i need to go to new york new year for a test in the college...

Tecle,

The fact that you already got AIP is literally extraordinary. Good for you!! (The IO that approved your AIP probably was a pretty mean individual to you in a previous life, and this time around he/she is clearly trying to make amends with you! :D )

Now, traveling abroad after been granted AIP, or even before that for that matter, would certainly be possible without harming your inland process AS LONG AS YOU ARE ENTITLED – AND ALLOWED BY CBSA - TO GET BACK INTO THE COUNTRY.

It needs to be understood that having AIP DOES NOT GUARANTEE YOU THE RIGHT TO REENTRY (technically speaking, the only thing that can do that is citizenship. For foreign nationals reentry is not a right, but a privilege). What may grant you such privilege is your current immigration status (let's call it “visa status” for the sake of clarity), and whether it already allows you to travel in and out of the country without consequences. Having AIP won't help you get back into Canada and could, in some cases, prevent you from reentering.

An example of the latter would be a foreign national holding a TRV (visitor's visa) and whose AIP has already been approved, who while abroad tries to renew his/her TRV to come back to Canada to finish the inland process. In this case the TRV will likely be denied by the embassy based on the fact that the applicant has the unmistakable intention of permanently remaining in the country, as evidenced by the AIP and the existing process. Thus, he/she is not eligible for a TRV, which is intended for relatively short visits, and will most likely have to initiate an outland process. Even an individual with an unexpired TRV may be denied reentry at the POE based on the same facts – Dual Intent does not apply here given that the individual in question clearly does not plan to leave the country at the end of the visit.

In summary, it is all dependent upon your specific circumstances and immigration (visa) status, but in general it is safe to say that leaving before obtaining PR would be extremely risky for most applicants. It is in your best interest to find out, by consulting an experienced lawyer, whether or not this is a good idea for you.

S.

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
angtao said:
canadiancitizen, I don't even know what to say. Who knows what is going on with CIC? Although it is very shocking to hear that your friend that applies INLAND this year in march already got AIP and so did Tecle. It is just very shocking and surprising since this did not happen to anyone is 2010. Not to call anyone a liar on here but it is a public forum and who knows, maybe your "friend" that got AIP is lying. People lie about these things all the time. I would not believe anyone unless you actually saw the paper of there approval. Don't take anything to offense but I know someone that said they did Inland and got approved and then I find out all along that it was a lie and they got transferred. Anyway, best of luck to all of us. Too tired. Loooong day at work and I just got home now. Chin up everyone.
In the name of solidarity and all of us being in the same "page" but to call someone a liar just because some 30 people in another threat didnt get it.. is kind offensive... to call a friend a liar, ok but to ask for proof that's another thing.. I would forget this comment cause I understand your situation.. living your way must be hard... my situation is different and honestly my situation is clear like water other than hold some security clearance... I wish you luck and I'm so lucky for my friend and for Tecle as well... not envy feelings for not one... and if you rather believe the majority that's your choice... my choice is to celebrate the joy of others without doubting their honesty and integrity...

Angus

Star Member
Sep 15, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is another one AIP in 3 months! :eek:

patrick91 said:
My spouse is from the USA and we sent in the application July 28th for PR with the application for the open work permit. Today in the mail we received AIP and the open work permit. It took about 3 months for that. Honestly, I was not expecting this for at least another 5 months or so. We're both SOOOO excited :D:D

By the way, we never sent in FBI clearance and they're requesting that stating that we have 60 days to submit it. What happens if we don't get it in by 60 days? I've heard it sometimes takes the FBI longer than that to send the clearance. We did apply for it, and a few months ago we received a letter from them stating the fingerprints were done incorrectly. :/
Looks like I should of sent mine a few days later...

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
canadian, maybe you should re-read what I wrote instead of reading it once and responding right away. I was not calling YOU a liar.

I have no idea what you mean by this:

I understand your situation.. living your way must be hard... my situation is different and honestly my situation is clear like water other than hold some security clearance

What is it that you understand about my situation? Living what way is hard? What is this about holding some "security clearance"?

Anyway, I can't be bothered by your comments. I have no idea who you are or what kind of fantasy life you live in. All I was saying is that not everyone tells the truth. I am not saying that Tecle is lying or your friend. I said "MAYBE". Do you know what maybe means? Moral of the story, don't believe everything you hear.

I wish everyone on here the best of luck. I truly do. I am sure all of you know that anyway. I come on here almost everyday and try to help everyone out.

Angus, girlfriend, did you add our new peeps to our list? Just in case some of you missed the post, I have appointed Angus to take over the chart. LOL. Honestly, this is just a forum but I am going to miss doing the chart. hehe. Angus is doing an amazing job and has also created an excel sheet with all of our dates on there.

So everyone, tomorrow government offices are closed so they will have one less day to work on our stuff. BOO:(

patrick91

Jul 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2011
Today in the mail, my wife and I received AIP and her open work permit.

"We received your application for permanent residence on August 2, 2011.

We started processing your application on November 3, 2011. "

This was copied and pasted from my eCAS. As some of you requested more information I thought Id post here with details about my application. I'm a canadian citizen, who was born in canada. My wife is an american citizen. We were married may 19th, and on may 23rd we came back from the US to canada (more specifically, Newfoundland) and my wife was given a TRV valid for 60 days. We applied for PR just a few short days before it was about to end (was going to expire aug 1st) and it arrived just in time. As for proof of relationship, we included joint bank statements, important facebook message logs and MSN message logs (about 5 pages total), 2 letters that we had written to each other, and a photo album documenting our relationship and wedding (spanning from dec 2010 to july 2011).

Tecle

Star Member
Oct 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-07-2011
Doc's Request.
01-11-2011
Nomination.....
OPW 01-11-2011
AOR Received.
AIP 01-11-2011
IELTS Request
Meds show in ECas march 25, 2013
Mine Ecas still in process, I am from Spain, we got married last April, I think we sent around 10 pictures( holidays in New York, with my mother in niagara falls, etc) my husbands is Cuban.Before I have a working holiday permit.

Tecle

Star Member
Oct 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-07-2011
Doc's Request.
01-11-2011
Nomination.....
OPW 01-11-2011
AOR Received.
AIP 01-11-2011
IELTS Request
Meds show in ECas march 25, 2013
But my working holiday permit expired last September

tinch

Nov 9, 2011
Hi guys!

Yesterday I received my extended visitor visa, as mine had expired on July 15. Before I was here on a Working Holiday Visa.
I had sent the application for extending the visa maybe a month before (received July 1st..?) my PR application (received July 26).
Now I appear to have an immigration file number as well, but there's still nothing coming up at ECAS. No point calling them I guess.. Waiting waiting..

In Limbo

Star Member
Nov 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 16, 2011
Hi everyone. Just wondering if through experience if anyone knows what is happening with my husband who I'm currently sponsoring. He had a failed refugee claim, which he attended in January 2011. We had gotten engaged since April 2010...but due to pregnancy..waited to get married February 5, 2011. Our daughter was born in December 2010. Our sponsorship paperwork was received on March 16, 2011 and began processing April, 2011. he has found a good job with benefits etc. However, his work permit had expired September, 2011 so we applied for a renewal just a month before and was shocked when he received it October 16th. According to the cic website that we were following,they should not have even been working on his work permit as yet. We were expecting it sometime next month as they said they were only working on applications received July.Right around that time he was called to Airport road to enroll for the monthly phone monitoring thing. I wanted to know if getting the work permit so fast was a good sign or it really doesnt mean a thing?

Catherina

Nov 11, 2011
Hello everyone! I am sorry, if desturbing you, guys, but I can not find info about what time I need to do my medical exam? Before we send our Application or after - will Vegreville send me the medical form after I apply?

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/08/2011 for PR and Visitor permit extension
Doc's Request.
Police certificate requested on 18th sep 2012 , fingers prints requested on 1st nov 2012
File Transfer...
Filed transferred to local office on 5th sep 2012
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
missha said:
Yes, you can for sure. It usu takes 1-2 months to process.
Thx

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
angtao said:
canadian, maybe you should re-read what I wrote instead of reading it once and responding right away. I was not calling YOU a liar.
I have no idea what you mean by this:
I understand your situation.. living your way must be hard... my situation is different and honestly my situation is clear like water other than hold some security clearance
What is it that you understand about my situation? Living what way is hard? What is this about holding some "security clearance"?
Anyway, I can't be bothered by your comments. I have no idea who you are or what kind of fantasy life you live in. All I was saying is that not everyone tells the truth. I am not saying that Tecle is lying or your friend. I said "MAYBE". Do you know what maybe means? Moral of the story, don't believe everything you hear.
Newton first law explains that for every action you will have a reaction.

I will answer your questions because I consider that you need to understand that we are not here to pick on people, or doubt on what members say or don’t say; we are here to share good or bad news not to attack or imply that people joint the forum to lie on matters that are so important…

ANGTAO SAID
A: “It is just very shocking and surprising since this did not happen to anyone is 2010. Not to call anyone a liar on here but it is a public forum and who knows, maybe your "friend" that got AIP is lying. People lie about these things all the time. I would not believe anyone unless you actually saw the paper of there approval

You said MAYBE and then added People lie about these things all the time… contradiction…not because “people” lie to you means that my friend is lying, why to lie? What is the gain? Im not a little kid Angtao…

B: What is it that you understand about my situation?
I understand that you are waiting for an answer, and you seem frustrated of not getting any answers… specially when others are getting good news and their applications are been reviewed.

C: Living what way is hard?
It’s hard to go by expecting a response specially when others are getting letters from CIC and you are not… and that is a fact.

D: What is this about holding some "security clearance"?
Security Clearance is a status you get when you get: a criminal record check for all levels, a credit check, loyalty check by the CSIS and RCMP, once you get this status you are deemed to be trustworthy by any Government agency. I got one, so my check is done.

You did get bother with my comments. Your comments are disrespectful towards me… “what kind of fantasy life you live in”…. however, I do understand you for all the above answers…

Angtao, we are all in the same boat… … so, enjoy the weekend, and breathe… and think girl, and read how you respond when someone have good news… at first you question it and then you run to Inlanders 2010 thread to ask for confirmation of what you want to hear.. To me… you need to understand that is not only US who are waiting for PR… they are almost 200 000 applications or more who knows… and not every one have the need to join this forum…

Serendipity

Star Member
Sep 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tecle said:
But my working holiday permit expired last September

Saludos Tecle,

Espero que estén bien, pero continuemos esta conversación en inglés. So, based on your previous posts, I gather that you are a Spanish citizen living in Canada under the International Experience Canada (IEC) initiative. According to your last post, you were issued an OPW under the Working Holiday Program (WHP), and your permit expired last Sep. while you were waiting for AIP.

As I mentioned in a previous post - I'm going to quote myself here, - " AIP DOES NOT GUARANTEE YOU THE RIGHT TO REENTRY (technically speaking, the only thing that can do that is citizenship. For foreign nationals reentry is not a right, but a privilege)." With that in mind, the one thing that can eventually help you get back into the country after traveling abroad is a valid Working Holiday Visa (WHV) - or WHP if you prefer -, which you do not have a this moment given that yours expired back in Sep. But what if you apply for an extension or reapply for it? Let's see how that works.

A WHP Canada Work Permit can not be extended after its expiry (expiration) date. To obtain a new one you would need to reapply to the Canadian embassy in your home country several weeks BEFORE your current permit expires. Although you may be residing in Canada while the application is processed, once it is approved you would need to leave Canada, and on reentry you would present the Letter of Introduction (LOI) to a CBSA officer at the POE, where a new OWP would be issued. This doesn't seem to be a practical alternative for you right now.

Now, since you are from Spain, in theory, you could go to the US for a few days and then come back to Canada without any problems given that you are from a visa-exempt country. That may not be the case at all. If you decide to travel abroad and come back, what a CBSA officer may see in you is an individual that, after allowing his status to expire - the WHP- , has decided to leave and come back as a visitor but with the true intent of remaining permanently in the country. Ouch!! - Double Intent does not apply in this case -. (Please read my previous post about it). Reentry could easily be denied, no doubt!

Also, you should know that a WHP does not allow "implied status" for a foreign national to continue working after the permit expires, even if there is another WHP work permit application in process. If your original permit expired in Sep. and you got a new OWP in virtue of the AIP just a few days ago, that means that, if you did not stop working after your original permit expired, you were doing so for a couple of months without valid work authorization under the false impression that there was implied status. Ouch again!

Finally, once your WHP (WHV) expired, which is pretty much what validated your status while in Canada, you were supposed to contact CIC to change your status from a worker to that one of a visitor, which you did not do (this does not happen automatically). To help you understand what I am trying to get into here, please answer the following question: what is your current immigration status? An expired WHP is not a valid status. Being sponsored by a spouse is not a status per se, but a process that may eventually grant you one, PR. Are you a visitor then? You never contacted CIC to get permission to reside temporarily within Canada as one. So What are you? I think, Tecle, that what you are is a very lucky person. When you think about it this may explain why the IO, after reviewing your case in detail, decided to grant you AIP right away to help you avoid any complications.

Tecle, please do not push your already extraordinary luck, and stay put until you get your PR. If you leave, there is the likelihood that you will be denied reentry into Canada, which would completely jeopardize your inland process in more ways than one. To be 100% sure about this, you may want to consult an immigration lawyer (I am predicting that he/she will recommend you to stay in Canada until you get your PR, which should be happening pretty soon anyways.)

(Si yo estuviera en tus zapatos me quedaba en Canadá hasta recibir la residencia permanente. Es muy, muy riesgoso salir)

Buena suerte / good luck.

S. :)