+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Application 2011

villacuba

Jan 5, 2011
Hi folks!
i have a question, i'm sponsering my wife now through inland process (to CIC Vigreville), she's from visa exempt country , once she got the AIP and OWP, can she travel to another country and work there while waiting on the PR ?

thanks in advance !
cheers

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
HI Geran/Susan. When was your file received in Vegreville and when did it go in to process so I can add you to the list?

eddie, I was told by many many CIC agents that as long as you send in the open work permit with your permanent resident application, you do not need to extend your status. You will be on implied status. You will not be violating any immigration laws by remaining here for more than 6 months if you send in the OWP. You will not receive any kind of paper from cic showing that your in the middle of an immigration process. They already know.

Hi Adrian, you need to fill out the OWP permit application and send it in. You just leave that part out about the Labor Market Opinion and write at the top of the page for them not to process it until AIP. Hope this helps.

villacuba, I am not sure. When was your application received by Vegreville?

adrian_calgary

Oct 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 12 2011
Hi angtao,

thank you for the reply.
sorry to bother you, but could you please tell me where is the paper form for the OWP application? (a link?).
As I'm not sure I have seen the correct one (I have a visitor status at the moment, had never had a work permit for Canada)

Which of the following is it
cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visitor.asp
OR
cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp

In the online form, I have to answer to the Labour Market Opinion question thing, otherwise i can't click 'continue' button. But if i answer that I need a labour market opinion, then it says that I cannot submit application if I need a labour market opinion. Very confusing.

thanks a lot.

Adrian

Canadagirl85

Star Member
Jan 3, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
23/12/10
Interview........
Waved
angtao said:
canadagirl, the reason why you see people that sent there's in April and got approved in November is because back then the timeline was 6 months. I hope it goes back down again. I am praying for a 12 day jump this week like the old days. LOL.

omg... really... umm yes i pray for 12 day jumps again... Me and my wife really want to go to germany to see her family... Oh yes and finally take our hunnymoon somewhere OUTSIDE of canada:p 8)

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
adrian_calgary said:
Hi angtao,

thank you for the reply.
sorry to bother you, but could you please tell me where is the paper form for the OWP application? (a link?).
As I'm not sure I have seen the correct one (I have a visitor status at the moment, had never had a work permit for Canada)

OR

In the online form, I have to answer to the Labour Market Opinion question thing, otherwise i can't click 'continue' button. But if i answer that I need a labour market opinion, then it says that I cannot submit application if I need a labour market opinion. Very confusing.

thanks a lot.

Adrian
Hi,

In order to file for Open Work Permit, you have to fill out this form, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM1249E.PDF as it also stays to "Remain in Canada". At the Question D, you would tick " Change Conditions" and state that " have applied for PR"

Also on top of the form, make a note on the top of the OWP "not to process until first stage approval".

Hope that helps.

Regards.

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
adrian_calgary said:
Hi angtao,

thank you for the reply.

OR

thanks a lot.

Adrian
As per to send them online or through by mail, I would recommend sending them by mail with your Name, application sent and also pplication ID, with a cover letter and a note " not to be approved till AIP" .

Search this form before you decide and you may end up getting someone who had gone through the same situation.

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
Alot of people ask for traveling after getting AIP and I have concluded after reading so many experiences and posts that either you are from visa exempt country or not, you are carrying a risk when coming back to Canada. Its totally out of your control situation and 100% depending on immigration officer how he would evaluate you and let you or not enter the canada.

Canadagirl85 said:
omg... really... umm yes i pray for 12 day jumps again... Me and my wife really want to go to germany to see her family... Oh yes and finally take our hunnymoon somewhere OUTSIDE of canada:p 8)

hatrang

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2011
AOR Received.
29-08-2012
Med's Done....
21-09-2011
Interview........
26-11-2012 (landing)
LANDED..........
26-11-2012
Hi angtao, just let you know finally I sent my package out yesterday and they received it today.
Here is the detail. Please add me to the table whenever it's convenient for you. Thanks a lot hon!

Ship (P/U) date: Oct 18, 2011
Delivery date: Oct 19, 2011 9:58 AM
Sign for by: C.NOWICKI
Delivery location: VEGREVILLE, AB

geran321414

Oct 7, 2011
Hi angtao,

I applied in late May and they received in early June. I am at work right now, so I don't know the exact date. I don't know if this is enough information or you prefer me to give you the specific date.

Thank you for the warm welcome. I found home, finally. ;D

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Now approving apps received on or after Nov.2, 2010 - 4 day jump on Oct.5

Name Application Received In Process Decision Made AIP Total Time for AIP PR/LANDED

Junglist82 Jan.7 Feb.21

cangaceiro Jan.10 Feb.23

Dominican22 Jan.12 Feb.23

Serendipity Jan.21 Mar.7

fleo Jan.24

sesamerush Jan.27 Mar.8

newcanuck Jan.31 Mar.9

wery Feb.2 Mar.11

dorina Feb.3 Mar.10

Ottawa_inland Feb.23 Mar.24

hakri Feb.24 Mar. 25

Canadagirl85 Mar.14 Apr.8

missha Mar.18 Apr.12

wtd Mar.21 Apr.14

jadarius Mar.22

citlali2010 Mar.28 Apr.19

gemauru Mar.30 Apr.18

gmwilk Mar.30 Apr.21

angtao Mar.31 Apr.19

lyrical Apr.4 Apr.21

greyghost Apr.5 Apr.27

chau01 May 2 May 11

Yumamy May 2 May 11

ryan_stw May 3 May 18

canadiancitizen May 10 May 24

Valhalla May 12 May 26

threa May 12 May 31

Lordsloman May 17

Berber_amazigh May 18 May 30

Nilyam May 24 June 7

Scotish lass June 2 June 13

ericc June 13 June 23

angelparnes June 24 June 29

Heidtincnd June 24 June 29

Am_lina11 July 6 July 14

Weerth July 8 July 22

Sluma July 11 July 22

perk July 15 Aug.4

Xanthe July 18 Aug.4

Abozzy July 20 Aug.12

buima July 20 July 28

Angus July 21 Sept.26

Tecle July 22

phoisgood July 27

ilovecanada4ever July 29

nazam80 Aug.18

schillachi Aug.29

cari04 Sept.6

raabhim Sept.16

theprofessorswife Oct.3

wlas52381 Oct.12

adrian_calgary Oct.12

hatrang Oct.19

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Thanks missha for answering Adrian's questions.

Geran, can you sign in to e-cas at work and ket us know? Or check it when you get home? I can add you but I prefer to have exact dates.

Welcome hatrang, your now part of us. Doesn't it feel good that you sent it?

villacuba, can we have your exact dates to add you to the chart as well?

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/08/2011 for PR and Visitor permit extension
Doc's Request.
Police certificate requested on 18th sep 2012 , fingers prints requested on 1st nov 2012
File Transfer...
Filed transferred to local office on 5th sep 2012
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
Hi everyone,

Just a quick question to ask. I have applied for inland and visitor extension together on 18th august. Can they say no to extension? Even if my pr is unerprocess?

I am just getting worried.. I also wanna ask from people on this form what they are doing while they are waiting 9months?

Naz

hatrang

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2011
AOR Received.
29-08-2012
Med's Done....
21-09-2011
Interview........
26-11-2012 (landing)
LANDED..........
26-11-2012
angtao said:
Welcome hatrang, your now part of us. Doesn't it feel good that you sent it?
Thanks angtao, you're supper fast ;D. Yeah, I feel so good after sending the application. However, I also know that I just start a long waiting ahead. I'm too close to the last people of 2011 and that means I'll be nervous to die when observing all you guys finish the process. Anyway, so far, no bad news that means good news. I have a lot to do in my to-do list and let the waiting time start.

@nazam80: I have a long long waiting list to do during waiting time though. If you didn't have a driver license yet, it may be one of them. I have some books to sharpen my skills and prepare for a new job ahead too. A lot of soft skills I can improve myself too (graphic design, web design, cooking, baking, etc.). If you're working, of course you're busy enough. Let's enjoy the most wonderful time in your life now. It's hard to find the same relaxing time like now later when we're busy again with life. :D

greyghost

Sep 22, 2011
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-04-2011
Ok I have a question........

I have submitted my application and I included a OWP application as well.

Here's the question. . .If I get a job offer from a Canadian employer who has a LMO and can hire a foriegn worker can I take the job and apply for a work permit that way. Even though I have a pending OWP application waiting on AIP?

This is getting confusing.

hakri

Oct 15, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2011
AOR Received.
never :)
File Transfer...
08-09-2012
Med's Done....
22-12-2011
LANDED..........
24-09-2012 Vancouver
greyghost said:
Ok I have a question........

I have submitted my application and I included a OWP application as well.

Here's the question. . .If I get a job offer from a Canadian employer who has a LMO and can hire a foriegn worker can I take the job and apply for a work permit that way. Even though I have a pending OWP application waiting on AIP?

This is getting confusing.
Hi,

You can apply an other one. Because the open work permit wont be processed until your first stage accepted.

Note for the others: If you do not have status in Canada, or your status will be expired before you can get the result of the first stage you should apply to extend your present status or restore your visitor status with your PR application (later you can get the OWP on line) Why? Because it is still illegal stay in Canada without status!!! I have a friend, who was married with a Canadian and the PR (sponsorship) was under process and he had to go back to his home country!!!! And it was after that ominous Minister`s exception!!!! And he did not do anything against any law. So think twice. You can get your OWP when you have the first stage approved, but it is 10-11 months right now and you NEED statues for these months!!!! Of course if you lost your status before you sent your application you do not have other choice.