AOR Received.
04/12/2011
Hi walter,

Please read this

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/ip/ip06-eng.pdf

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/ip/ip08-eng.pdf

For more info:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/ip/index.asp

Hope that would answer all of your questions :)

walter8299

Star Member
Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2012
missha said:
Hi walter,

Please read this

/english/resources/manuals/ip/ip06-eng.pdf

/english/resources/manuals/ip/ip08-eng.pdf

For more info:

/english/resources/manuals/ip/index.asp

Hope that would answer all of your questions :)
Maybe I am missing something when I am reading. But I still have the following questions:

After reading the link, it mentioned some forms that was not included in the application kit when I am looking over the below link:
/english/information/applications/spouse.asp (please make sure you add "h t t p : / / w w w . c i c . g c . c a" before the link and no spaces)

So am I filling out the needed forms, or do I need to fill out some other forms that isn't mentioned in the application kit as per the link I posted above?

*NOTE*: (The forms required as per the application kit within the link above only indicates the following form)
(1) IMM 1344 (application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking)
(2) IMM 5481 (Sponsorship evaluation
(3) IMM 0008 (Generic Application Form for Canada)
(4) IMM 5669 (Schedule A)
(5) IMM 5285 (Spouse/Common-Law Questionaire)
(6) Checklist

Unless I am understanding incorrectly, once I applied the sponsorship for my wife to become PR, does that mean she "automatically" have a visitor status in Canada while the application is being process?

Or should I submit another application (IMM 1249E) "Application to Change Conditions, Extend My Stay Or Remain In Canada" form along with the PR sponsorship application?

If I should, can I send both "different" application within the same "mail"? Or Should I send it in "two" separate mails?

By the way, do you guys use "Registered Mail" when you send in this applications? Should I add "Signature Required" or some sort of Tracking from Canada Post?

Sorry guys, I don't mean to sound lazy, please don't get the wrong impression. Just that there has been a lot happening recently, schedule is tight. So when I read, I might have skip something, so please accept my apology if I give you the wrong impression that I did not go over the links. Atleast I am trying to type my information here in a good manner so you all could understand. :) My wife is pregnant, I am trying to fight for another position within work, and house hunting altogether does not make things easy for myself. I am trying to stay positive. I really need some encouragement. Thanks guys!

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
Walter Im copying you what we sent, Im copying you our letter, I dont have much time now but you need to send your OWP application so you can request Imply Status... I cannot explain right now but this is what you need to send... and the first thing is the cover letter... ok... this is based on the old forms, I think in July they changed them... look for Jurgen he posted some good tips in INLAND 2010

Sponsor Forms for Name
Application to Sponsor and Undertaking (IMM 1344A)
Relationship proof documentation and originals
Receipt (IMM 5401) No. Rxxxxxxxx – Sponsor/Applicant fees for $550 which also includes:
- $475 for the principal applicant
- $75 for the sponsor
Applicant Forms for Name
Application to Change Conditions, Extend My Stay or Remain in Canada (IMM 1249E)
Document Checklist (IMM 5556E)
Receipt (IMM 5401) No. Rxxxxxx –Work permit
- $150 principal applicant
In-Canada Application for Permanent Resident Status (IMM 5002)
Applicant’s Photos
Spouse/Common-law Partner Questionnaire (IMM 5285)
Document Checklist (IMM 5443)
Medical Examination Certificate
Police Clearance Certificate – original
Receipt (IMM 5401) No. Rxxxxxx6 – Sponsor/Applicant fees for $550 which includes:
- $75 for the sponsor
Receipt (IMM 5401) No. Rxxxxxxxx – Permanent Residence fees
- 490 for the principal applicant

Tecle

Star Member
Oct 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-07-2011
Doc's Request.
01-11-2011
Nomination.....
OPW 01-11-2011
AOR Received.
AIP 01-11-2011
IELTS Request
Meds show in ECas march 25, 2013
its going slow , in a week only 6 days ...

walter8299

Star Member
Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2012
canadiancitizen said:
Walter Im copying you what we sent, Im copying you our letter, I dont have much time now but you need to send your OWP application so you can request Imply Status... I cannot explain right now but this is what you need to send... and the first thing is the cover letter... ok... this is based on the old forms, I think in July they changed them... look for Jurgen he posted some good tips in INLAND 2010

Sponsor Forms for Name
Application to Sponsor and Undertaking (IMM 1344A)
Relationship proof documentation and originals
Receipt (IMM 5401) No. Rxxxxxxxx – Sponsor/Applicant fees for $550 which also includes:
- $75 for the sponsor
Applicant Forms for Name
Application to Change Conditions, Extend My Stay or Remain in Canada (IMM 1249E)
Document Checklist (IMM 5556E)
Receipt (IMM 5401) No. Rxxxxxx –Work permit
- $150 principal applicant

In-Canada Application for Permanent Resident Status (IMM 5002)
Applicant's Photos
Spouse/Common-law Partner Questionnaire (IMM 5285)
Document Checklist (IMM 5443)
Medical Examination Certificate
Police Clearance Certificate – original
Receipt (IMM 5401) No. Rxxxxxx6 – Sponsor/Applicant fees for $550 which includes:
- $75 for the sponsor
Receipt (IMM 5401) No. Rxxxxxxxx – Permanent Residence fees
- 490 for the principal applicant
Is that I bolded where I am applying for the OWP portion for my wife? She is currently pregnant and I don't think any company would be hiring her, so would that affect her from applying an OWP?

The Medical examination and Police report is only done when they required us at later dates, right?

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
walter8299 said:
Is that I bolded where I am applying for the OWP portion for my wife? She is currently pregnant and I don't think any company would be hiring her, so would that affect her from applying an OWP?

The Medical examination and Police report is only done when they required us at later dates, right?
This Application is not a working permit, its an Application to extend your stay in Canada,. when you apply for a job permit or SIN, is not only to work, but also to report your Income Tax Revenue, but at the same time this form allows her to stay legally in Canada. Please read the following (taken from the CIC site)
This application is for temporary residents who are already in Canada as visitors and wish to:

•extend their stay;
•change the conditions of their stay; or
•correct problems with their status.
It is important to apply for the renewal before the expiry of your current status.

As per Medical exams, police clearance, its better to send it now so when they will ask you you dont have to wait four weeks or 2 month for ananswer, this is to speed up your process.

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
Ask for registered mail as they dont send any letter to you stating your application received, you need to have a copy of signature of the person receiving your application for your records.

Send both in one envelop and in the cover letter and table of contents mention that you are sending both applications at once.

walter8299 said:
Maybe I am missing something when I am reading. But I still have the following questions:

After reading the link, it mentioned some forms that was not included in the application kit when I am looking over the below link:
/english/information/applications/spouse.asp (please make sure you add "h t t p : / / w w w . c i c . g c . c a" before the link and no spaces)

So am I filling out the needed forms, or do I need to fill out some other forms that isn't mentioned in the application kit as per the link I posted above?

*NOTE*: (The forms required as per the application kit within the link above only indicates the following form)
(1) IMM 1344 (application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking)
(2) IMM 5481 (Sponsorship evaluation
(3) IMM 0008 (Generic Application Form for Canada)
(4) IMM 5669 (Schedule A)
(5) IMM 5285 (Spouse/Common-Law Questionaire)
(6) Checklist

Unless I am understanding incorrectly, once I applied the sponsorship for my wife to become PR, does that mean she "automatically" have a visitor status in Canada while the application is being process?

Or should I submit another application (IMM 1249E) "Application to Change Conditions, Extend My Stay Or Remain In Canada" form along with the PR sponsorship application?

If I should, can I send both "different" application within the same "mail"? Or Should I send it in "two" separate mails?

By the way, do you guys use "Registered Mail" when you send in this applications? Should I add "Signature Required" or some sort of Tracking from Canada Post?

Sorry guys, I don't mean to sound lazy, please don't get the wrong impression. Just that there has been a lot happening recently, schedule is tight. So when I read, I might have skip something, so please accept my apology if I give you the wrong impression that I did not go over the links. Atleast I am trying to type my information here in a good manner so you all could understand. :) My wife is pregnant, I am trying to fight for another position within work, and house hunting altogether does not make things easy for myself. I am trying to stay positive. I really need some encouragement. Thanks guys!

walter8299

Star Member
Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2012
Thanks Missha and Canadiancitizen for the response and information.

Since we just got married 6 weeks ago, I am still waiting for the marriage certificate to arrive, so I am guessing I should have that in the package as well to make sure I am not missing anything.

Now I start to read on some old post. I understand more about what the OWP is about and I will include that application together with the package to be mailed in.

I am hoping that since her study permit is in progress now although her visa has expired, it still means she is technically legal to be in Canada because she did apply for extension prior to expiry.

The police clearance is only for the "applicant", not the sponsor, right?
Since she is from China, I am assuming she needs to somehow contact China to get that done and mailed over to us in Canada?

We found her pregnant recently, so can we do a medicial examination (but omit the x-ray requirement)?
Anyone has that experience?

Am_lina11

Star Member
Oct 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 6 2011
Doc's Request.
30 May 2012
Med's Done....
March 2011/ June 2012
Dear All,
Today is Friday, a day when almost all employed people are happy and excited. Today is a day I helped my husband at work and felt happy and excited... not because tomorrow is a day off, but because I was actually involved into action.

I hope people who are on the same boat as I am, a boat called " In process" , will understand me. I assume I hit the first trimester of "waiting pregnancy". The seed is somewhere there, but can you really see it?!?!

So I couldn't help but wonder,what is the best way to wait? ::)

walter8299

Star Member
Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2012
On the IMM 1249E form, on the top, it asks "I AM APPLYING FOR"
A - Extension of temp. resident status as visitor
B - An initial study permit or extension of study permit
C - An initial work permit or extension of work permit
D - Restoration of temp. resident status as a visitor, student, or worker
E - Another temp. resident permit. Include two passport photos.

Which option do I check mark?

Also, anyone here from China that went through the process of getting your police certificate while you're in Canada? Do we goto the Chinese Embassy in Toronto to go through the process of getting that certificate?
Or should my wife express a letter with her fingerprint to her parents to acquire the certificate from the Chinese police directly?

When I made the payment for the sponsorship ($75 + $475 = $550) and the OWP (not too sure which one to pay, I am guessing the $150 for work permit (including extension)), do I make 1 payment receipt? or should I make the payment separately and make it two receipt?

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
Check Option C.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/china.asp

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

Hope above links helps.

walter8299 said:

Which option do I check mark?

Also, anyone here from China that went through the process of getting your police certificate while you're in Canada? Do we goto the Chinese Embassy in Toronto to go through the process of getting that certificate?
Or should my wife express a letter with her fingerprint to her parents to acquire the certificate from the Chinese police directly?

When I made the payment for the sponsorship ($75 + $475 = $550) and the OWP (not too sure which one to pay, I am guessing the $150 for work permit (including extension)), do I make 1 payment receipt? or should I make the payment separately and make it two receipt?

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
They don't need your police certificate as a sponsor.

Question 18: Pregnant
If a female applicant is pregnant, record the date of the last menstrual period as well as the expected date of delivery.

check this link

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/dmp-handbook/appendix-02.asp

I suggest Call the designate doctor and ask for appointment as Immigration would need ure wife proof of pregnancy as well.

walter8299 said:
Thanks Missha and Canadiancitizen for the response and information.

Since we just got married 6 weeks ago, I am still waiting for the marriage certificate to arrive, so I am guessing I should have that in the package as well to make sure I am not missing anything.

Now I start to read on some old post. I understand more about what the OWP is about and I will include that application together with the package to be mailed in.

I am hoping that since her study permit is in progress now although her visa has expired, it still means she is technically legal to be in Canada because she did apply for extension prior to expiry.

The police clearance is only for the "applicant", not the sponsor, right?
Since she is from China, I am assuming she needs to somehow contact China to get that done and mailed over to us in Canada?

We found her pregnant recently, so can we do a medicial examination (but omit the x-ray requirement)?
Anyone has that experience?

eddie11

Oct 18, 2011
thanks angtao

i understand now...i should be able to submit everything in a few weeks once i get my police clearance

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
walter8299 said:

Option C and I would do them separately... we paid sponsor and applicant fees together (look at my letter) ...aand I already got my letter for MICC for the QSC, and Quebec already withdraw the 253$ from my husband Visa Card, so they are working in my file ... which was sent in May 2011 :)... BTW congratulations for the baby...

eddie11

Oct 18, 2011
hey guys

i understand receiving AIP means the initial phase of the process is complete, but doesn't it take another 10 months for the second phase to be processed?

i ask because i've been reading some of the posts here and i noticed how a few people had to wait only a month or so to get their PR card after receiving AIP.

by the way, i just want to say that this thread has been really helpful...i've gone through a few posts here and have found that most of us have experienced the same confusion. glad to know i'm not the only one. :)