+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian passport surrender

Prateek710

Jun 15, 2021
Applied on 30th July in surrey office under Vancouver jurisdiction. Still passport seva site says surrender certificate is under review. Can anyone please comment on the timelines here ? Anyone with same status under passport seva and how did they got hold of Indian counselate people

kauraman1996

Star Member
Nov 21, 2019
Hi... apply for Passport surrender walk-in at BLS bramoton.

do I need bank draft for consulate fee ?

or I can pay at the counter for appliaction fee?

thanks

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi... apply for Passport surrender walk-in at BLS bramoton.

do I need bank draft for consulate fee ?

or I can pay at the counter for appliaction fee?

thanks
In Person:
Payment can be made by using the below mention modes only:
Debit Card
Cash (Applicant's are requested to get exact cash as per number of applications)

Reactions: yash91pathak

Prateek710

Jun 15, 2021
Applied on 30th July in surrey office under Vancouver jurisdiction. Still passport seva site says surrender certificate is under review. Can anyone please comment on the timelines here ? Anyone with same status under passport seva and how did they got hold of Indian counselate people
Please can someone reply to my thread

bnacanadaus

Feb 8, 2024
Hi- I applied for Indian passport renunciation and got the status changed to - documents are dispatched via courier. I applied in person and opted for delivery. Will I received separate email from Purolator for the tracking number or do I need to call BLS for the tracking number?
Thanks

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi- I applied for Indian passport renunciation and got the status changed to - documents are dispatched via courier. I applied in person and opted for delivery. Will I received separate email from Purolator for the tracking number or do I need to call BLS for the tracking number?
Thanks
Normally BLS tracker shows the tracking number when you check the status.

Reactions: bnacanadaus

Prateek710

Jun 15, 2021
Hello Prateek, I submitted my application on Aug 13th in the Surrey office and have the same status. Not sure how long it will take. Did you try calling BLS for further info?
They are saying to email the counselate people which I did on their complaints email on their website for surrender certificate and they didn't replied my email till now. But do keep me posted here please if anything changes for you

Incan07

Jan 20, 2023
Hello everyone,

I am in the process of surrendering my Indian passport and have a question about filling out the form. After obtaining Canadian citizenship, I changed my name in Ontario and received a Canadian passport with the new name (Given name and last name issue).
My question is: Do I need to submit the surrender passport application based on the Indian passport/ old name, or can I do it with the new name?

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not sure if this has been answered before - But any idea if I need to surrender Indian passport to apply for India e-visa?
I'm planning on traveling later this month to India with my Canadian passport -Not sure if I should have the surrender letter as well ?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Not sure if this has been answered before - But any idea if I need to surrender Indian passport to apply for India e-visa?
I'm planning on traveling later this month to India with my Canadian passport -Not sure if I should have the surrender letter as well ?
The two activities are independent and not related to each other. The e-visa is also used by other Canadians who were not formerly Indian citizens.

Prateek710

Jun 15, 2021
I got the status changed as surrender certificate is printed today. How many days it will take to come to my place. Applied on 30th July in surrey office under Vancouver jurisdiction