+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian passport surrender

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I got the status changed as surrender certificate is printed today. How many days it will take to come to my place. Applied on 30th July in surrey office under Vancouver jurisdiction
Check on BLS site. Once they collect and dispatch you should have it in hand 2-4 days after that. 1 - 1.5 week more.

Reactions: Prateek710

ps2fan

Feb 3, 2011
Hello Prateek, I submitted my application on Aug 13th in the Surrey office and have the same status. Not sure how long it will take. Did you try calling BLS for further info?
HI sharathsam
I submitted on aug 12, same status for me as well. Let me know if anything changes for you

Vratesh

Star Member
Jul 20, 2017
Hello, I hope someone might be able to help with this. We applied for e-visa (one year), for myself, daughter and wife. No issues with mine or my daughter's ETA. However, there is an issue with my wife's ETA. My wife's passport number starts with 0. In the ETA, they put O instead of 0. This is a mistake on their end as when we got the submission confirmation email it had correct passport number on it. We have sent an email to indian-evisa@gov.in asking to fix this. But it's been 4 days and haven't heard anything back yet. We will be sending them a note again and also send an email to support-boi@mha.gov.in

Does anyone know what to do if we don't get a response from them? Would we need to reapply for the visa? Also if we reapply, can they reject it since the E-visa was already granted (though with incorrect passport number)

Appreciate if anyone can help with this or share if they have gone through similar experience.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello, I hope someone might be able to help with this. We applied for e-visa (one year), for myself, daughter and wife. No issues with mine or my daughter's ETA. However, there is an issue with my wife's ETA. My wife's passport number starts with 0. In the ETA, they put O instead of 0. This is a mistake on their end as when we got the submission confirmation email it had correct passport number on it. We have sent an email to indian-evisa@gov.in asking to fix this. But it's been 4 days and haven't heard anything back yet. We will be sending them a note again and also send an email to support-boi@mha.gov.in

Does anyone know what to do if we don't get a response from them? Would we need to reapply for the visa? Also if we reapply, can they reject it since the E-visa was already granted (though with incorrect passport number)

Appreciate if anyone can help with this or share if they have gone through similar experience.
Wrong passport number will cause issue at the immigration counter in India. You should have a response from the email you sent as a counter or reapply for no fault of yours.

Similar experiences -

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india/1853780-incorrect-passport-number-evisa-what-should-i-do-2.html

https://www.indiamike.com/india/for-citizens-of-other-countries-visa-and-pio-oci-questions-f9/wrong-passport-number-in-online-eta-t233170/#post1860379

Prateek710

Jun 15, 2021
After how long we receive the surrender certificate once it updates as Surrender certificate is printed. Vancouver jurisdiction applied in surrey office on 30th July. Status changed on September 3 to printed

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
After how long we receive the surrender certificate once it updates as Surrender certificate is printed. Vancouver jurisdiction applied in surrey office on 30th July. Status changed on September 3 to printed
What's the status on BLS, that matters after printed as they need to pick and deliver it to you. Mostly within a week it should complete.

JudeVFrancis

Apr 11, 2019
I am planning on going to the BLS Service Center in Ottawa in-person (walk-in) to apply for my Surrender Certificate. Do I need submit my original Canadian Passport or would the self attested copy of my Canadian Passport work?

RaghuRam123

Star Member
Nov 14, 2016
please check surrender certificate timeline here for Toronto applicant
Postal Application delivered to BLS Brampton : August 26, 2024
BLS portal Tracking:
In Transit from BLS Centre to Consulate General: Sep 06, 2024 2024
Processing at Consulate General: Sep 09, 2024

Indian passport embassy portal tracking:
Passport application along with fee details have been received. The same is under processing at the Embassy/Consulate: Sep 09, 2024
Surrender certificate is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate:
Surrender certificate has been printed:
In Transit from Consulate General to BLS Centre:
Ready for Dispatch & Dispatched via Courier:
Surrender certificate delivered:

Vratesh

Star Member
Jul 20, 2017
Wrong passport number will cause issue at the immigration counter in India. You should have a response from the email you sent as a counter or reapply for no fault of yours.

Similar experiences -

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india/1853780-incorrect-passport-number-evisa-what-should-i-do-2.html

https://www.indiamike.com/india/for-citizens-of-other-countries-visa-and-pio-oci-questions-f9/wrong-passport-number-in-online-eta-t233170/#post1860379
Thanks for your response. Do you know if there is a way to reach out to them? The mistake happened on their end. They incorrectly entered O instead of 0. When we received the submission confirmation it had the correct password.

Or would you just suggest to reapply?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Thanks for your response. Do you know if there is a way to reach out to them? The mistake happened on their end. They incorrectly entered O instead of 0. When we received the submission confirmation it had the correct password.

Or would you just suggest to reapply?
The email id you used is the one I found too. Don't know any other method.

umayadav

Star Member
Jul 2, 2021
Does anyone know if Toronto Jurisdiction is accepting Surrender applications without having canadian passport first ?

Any recent experiences ?