+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian passport surrender

Illusionchafe

Dec 19, 2018
Hi fellow members,

What is the average time take from submission of surrender certificate to getting it home via courier? I have a 20 day vacation planned and I may not be at home to collect the courier. So need to reverse plan the application. Any help is highly appreciated!!

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi fellow members,

What is the average time take from submission of surrender certificate to getting it home via courier? I have a 20 day vacation planned and I may not be at home to collect the courier. So need to reverse plan the application. Any help is highly appreciated!!
Depends on where you applying. Toronto is fastest. Ottawa and Vancouver slowest.

Canada_mp

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
Please clarify the following with regards to surrender certificate.
  1. I printed the application form from the portal3 site using the "Print" option available on it. Still the letters look too small and the photo box is also not 2X2. I can still paste the photo without blocking anything. Is this normal or have I done some mistake?
  2. For the Canadian passport, is it sufficient to print only the main pages (2 & 3) and self attest them?
  3. For minor child (age 6), does one of the parent need to sign below the photo and at the bottom of the application? Or only at the bottom of the application?
  4. For minor child without any id card, what do we submit?

Reactions: Illusionchafe

Illusionchafe

Dec 19, 2018
Hi fellow members,

For a minor's surrender certificate application, what is the present residence address to be provided? Is it for one of the parent? If yes, does the parent's drivers license suffice as a proof for residence of the child?

somak2001

Mar 13, 2017
Canada
Toronto Postal Application for my wife.

Application date in BLS tracker : Sep 16, 2024. However, we shipped it on Sep 6.

Any idea by when we will receive the SC at home via courier? (we opted for courier)

Need to know so that I can book an appointment for OCI accordingly.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Toronto Postal Application for my wife.

Application date in BLS tracker : Sep 16, 2024. However, we shipped it on Sep 6.

Any idea by when we will receive the SC at home via courier? (we opted for courier)

Need to know so that I can book an appointment for OCI accordingly.
2-3 weeks

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi fellow members,

For a minor's surrender certificate application, what is the present residence address to be provided? Is it for one of the parent? If yes, does the parent's drivers license suffice as a proof for residence of the child?
Yes parents driving license will work and the address on it can be used for present residence address.

Canada_mp

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
Please clarify the following with regards to surrender certificate.
  1. I printed the application form from the portal3 site using the "Print" option available on it. Still the letters look too small and the photo box is also not 2X2. I can still paste the photo without blocking anything. Is this normal or have I done some mistake?
  2. For the Canadian passport, is it sufficient to print only the main pages (2 & 3) and self attest them?
  3. For minor child (age 6), does one of the parent need to sign below the photo and at the bottom of the application? Or only at the bottom of the application?
  4. For minor child without any id card, what do we submit?
I have submitted my application today. PFB my findings on this.
  1. I printed the application form from the portal3 site using the "Print" option available on it. Still the letters look too small and the photo box is also not 2X2. I can still paste the photo without blocking anything. Is this normal or have I done some mistake? Issue is with the Chrome Browser. I followed the same steps in Edge browser and the print out was proper.
  2. For the Canadian passport, is it sufficient to print only the main pages (2 & 3) and self attest them? Yes, this is enough.
  3. For minor child (age 6), does one of the parent need to sign below the photo and at the bottom of the application? Or only at the bottom of the application? Per my BLS Appointment, minor child can write their name under the photo and one the parent needs to sign on the second page. BLS might change the rules last minute. So it is better to take it unsigned and ask them at the counter.
  4. For minor child without any id card, what do we submit? Nothing needed. I tried to present my license copy as the proof and the BLS associate mentioned it is not needed.
Under Emergency contact details, please make sure to provide a different contact number and not use the same number listed under "Present Residential Address" section.

The BLS associate flagged this and I had to pay $40 for them to fill a new application for my kid.

blackbeauty_xxx

Mar 28, 2013
Hi,

quick question, once Purolator delivered surrender application to BLS,

1. Will you receive any acknowledgement email ? If yes in how many days ?
2. In how many days we can track the application on BLS ? Also, link to track the application.

Thanks in advance. Appreciate it.

Regards,
BB.

sri_pri

Sep 16, 2020
Quick Question Guys!

for anyone who submitted under Toronto jurisdiction. The checklist link does not open a checklist anymore, just instructions on how to apply and written information (no fields to tick mark)

is this the checklist I need to send with my application?

Because for other jurisdictions they have the tick mark checklist.

thanks!

Hi, I see the same over here : https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/pdf/Surrender-Certificate–How_to_Apply.pdf
There is no checklist and just a form. Do we need checklist for Toronto applications?

VB14

Star Member
May 10, 2021
The status of the Surrender application is "Processing at Consulate General"; since I applied(12th Sept) at the Mississauga office. How much time do postal applications take?