+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How will you ever know where you stand in Express Entry pool???

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mf4361 said:
As you have mentioned, the Australian pre-screens language results and education credentials. If Canada does it too, why don't they brag about it?
Why should they? To inform and prepare those who will try to lie? :eek: Applicants do not have to know everything. ;)

I am checking the worst case scenario, and trying to be prepared for it...
Yuo have to have some trust and respect of CIC. :D Do your job and let them do thier.

boske83

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Regina said:
Why should they? To inform and prepare those who will try to lie? :eek: Applicants do not have to know everything. ;)
Yuo have to have some trust and respect of CIC. :D Do your job and let them do thier.
You sounds like the government official... we will see in 10 days if cic is going to be trusted or not... ;)

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
boske83 said:
it is not easy to get lmia job... i work for canadian company for 6 years, and will continue to work for it for sure in next few years, but i think that it is hard to get lmia...
I mean, like every advertisement, it is possible, but still pain in the ass, and potentially not needed... we will see...
Sure it is not easy when the actual thing itself is misused i.e. the sole purpose of LMIA is to first ensure that enough effort was done to hire Canadians first for that role and only then a foreign worker with specific credentials was hired. However, when genuinely done, it is not as bad as normally advertised. Of course i am talking about highly skilled positions and not routine restaurant managers (no disrespect to profession).

But the point is, every one going through EE will have to go through it at some point unless they wish to be processed AFTER all those with some kind of eligibility (and job) to work here. Such as those who studied in Canada and have a PGWP or Post Docs or Spouses of students / workers etc. When combined with LMIA based work permits, these numbers aren't as small as others on this thread seem to think. Consider looking at all work permits issued in the last year or so. According to general stats i think they are a couple hundred thousand each year. It is safe to assume a good percentage of those would apply for PR at some point in EE pool, and having a job and LMIA alone would take those far ahead of others.

http://www.esdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_workers/lmo_statistics/annual-lmo-prov.shtml

So my advice to all EE candidates. Try looking for jobs and employers as soon as you can. You will be doing this any way latter. And because with EE the conditions on LMIA would be slightly relaxed for employers in some ways (they are no longer hiring a temp resident, but a PR, so no fee among probably others), so they might stand a better chance.

If nothing you have done more research on finding employment instead of going through that AFTER landing and meanwhile worrying that your life savings are draining fast.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
cecandconfused said:
Well, that confirms my fear that EE is going to screw CEC applicants. Time to quit banking and start framing I guess.
That is a bit of exaggeration ... The only way it could screw CEC application is, that you might have to find an employer and depending upon the situation, might also need an LMIA. But in this case you probably already gained your one year experience needed to be eligible for CEC by working for an employer based upon LMO/LMIA. So what difference does that make. Moreover, if you already have a job with a valid LMIA, i don't believe you need a new one for EE.

I am exactly in this situation and i don't see any problem because of this. I have other reasons for not pursuing EE right away, but certainly none that you seem concerned about.

However, if there is some one who some how managed to manipulate HRSDSC to issue first time LMO to complete one year experience in some barely CEC meeting NOC B, and they have to go through LMIA again with possibly more scrutiny, then they are in trouble, yes.

cecandconfused

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
Here's my problem "fkl",
I work for a damn Bank in Alberta, I am in NOC 0, I make a damn good living, my CLB is 12 (or as CIC likes to call it, 10+), and I've been in Canada for 6 years.
BUT, some a-hole from "Legitistan" who makes a deal with his buddy's cousin's legit friend in Canada (who owns a restaurant) to give him an LMIA for $1000 gets a higher score than me under Express Entry.
That, in essence, is my problem.
Meanwhile, large corporations are not as flexible to accommodate LMIA. So legitimate people in better jobs, in larger companies, who make great income and pay taxes are at a disadvantage to the scenario above. That makes no freaking (avoiding swearing) sense to me.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
@ cecandconfused you must have some authorization to work for your employer. If that was already an LMIA which is still valid, probably you could use the same and gain score.

The other possibility (which i am not absolutely certain about right now and is not my scenario) is that you do not need an LMIA to work, in which case probably you have a job still gets you the same points.

Ignoring the restaurant owner story, CIC is only concerned about getting those people PRs first who have steady jobs, to at least improve the nightmares of people who as you said worked in banks in some another country as VP, come here and spend their life's savings looking for a job of equal stature and have a really hard time.

LMIA only comes when the foreign employee to be in question needs authorization to work in Canada. Let's see once the criteria becomes more elaborate.

Update:
"Anyone who does not already have a job offer supported by a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) (if you need one), or a nomination from a province or territory, must register with Employment and Social Development Canada’s (ESDC) Job Bank.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/index.asp

If CIC does not put the above restriction, then it will give employers a way to avoid LMIA by directly just offering jobs to people who apply for PR via EE and get here in six months. Again i believe LMIA is only needed if you needed that otherwise to work in Canada. If you have a different authorization (PGWP SOWP or something else), you would still get the score from job offer.

cecandconfused

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
fkl said:
@ cecandconfused you must have some authorization to work for your employer. If that was already an LMIA which is still valid, probably you could use the same and gain score.

The other possibility (which i am not absolutely certain about right now and is not my scenario) is that you do not need an LMIA to work, in which case probably you have a job still gets you the same points.

Ignoring the restaurant owner story, CIC is only concerned about getting those people PRs first who have steady jobs, to at least improve the nightmares of people who as you said worked in banks in some another country as VP, come here and spend their life's savings looking for a job of equal stature and have a really hard time.

LMIA only comes when the foreign employee to be in question needs authorization to work in Canada. Let's see once the criteria becomes more elaborate.

Update:
"Anyone who does not already have a job offer supported by a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) (if you need one), or a nomination from a province or territory, must register with Employment and Social Development Canada's (ESDC) Job Bank.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/index.asp

If CIC does not put the above restriction, then it will give employers a way to avoid LMIA by directly just offering jobs to people who apply for PR via EE and get here in six months. Again i believe LMIA is only needed if you needed that otherwise to work in Canada. If you have a different authorization (PGWP SOWP or something else), you would still get the score from job offer.
fkl,

LMIA or LMOs have never been a requirement under CEC. People like me who graduated from Canadian Universities and obtained PGWP never needed LMIA. We still don't need LMIA to be considered under EE. But that means we won't get 600 points under EE. The example I gave above about the dude from "Legitistan" means that s/he will get 600 points+CRS points. Even if s/he has lower credentials than me under CRS, s/he will get higher points due to LMIA. That means International Students are at a severe disadvantage under the current system and are vulnerable to LMIAs in lower skilled categories.

clever

Dec 13, 2014
fkl said:
Sure it is not easy when the actual thing itself is misused i.e. the sole purpose of LMIA is to first ensure that enough effort was done to hire Canadians first for that role and only then a foreign worker with specific credentials was hired. However, when genuinely done, it is not as bad as normally advertised. Of course i am talking about highly skilled positions and not routine restaurant managers (no disrespect to profession).

But the point is, every one going through EE will have to go through it at some point unless they wish to be processed AFTER all those with some kind of eligibility (and job) to work here. Such as those who studied in Canada and have a PGWP or Post Docs or Spouses of students / workers etc. When combined with LMIA based work permits, these numbers aren't as small as others on this thread seem to think. Consider looking at all work permits issued in the last year or so. According to general stats i think they are a couple hundred thousand each year. It is safe to assume a good percentage of those would apply for PR at some point in EE pool, and having a job and LMIA alone would take those far ahead of others.

So my advice to all EE candidates. Try looking for jobs and employers as soon as you can. You will be doing this any way latter. And because with EE the conditions on LMIA would be slightly relaxed for employers in some ways (they are no longer hiring a temp resident, but a PR, so no fee among probably others), so they might stand a better chance.

If nothing you have done more research on finding employment instead of going through that AFTER landing and meanwhile worrying that your life savings are draining fast.
you mean the people who have not job offer and canada experience will have lower chance to immigrate to canada as fsw?To be eligible to enter the pool,job offer is not required but it is very hard to receive ita without it?as mentioned above (the link which was posted by fkl)there are thousands of people will get 600 points and they will take place near the top in the pool.i think there is no point in entering the ee pool without job offer.

praneet87

Star Member
Oct 13, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cecandconfused said:
Here's my problem "fkl",
I work for a damn Bank in Alberta, I am in NOC 0, I make a damn good living, my CLB is 12 (or as CIC likes to call it, 10+), and I've been in Canada for 6 years.
BUT, some a-hole from "Legitistan" who makes a deal with his buddy's cousin's legit friend in Canada (who owns a restaurant) to give him an LMIA for $1000 gets a higher score than me under Express Entry.
That, in essence, is my problem.
Meanwhile, large corporations are not as flexible to accommodate LMIA. So legitimate people in better jobs, in larger companies, who make great income and pay taxes are at a disadvantage to the scenario above. That makes no freaking (avoiding swearing) sense to me.
Haha, have some faith man. You still haven't calmed down. There are a lot of people here who say yes I will pay my friend xyz dollars to get an LMIA. They have no clue. Its an assessment done, not a token that the government gives. Most LMIAs are negative. Say you work as a Financial Analyst or Advisor, and your bank goes and applies for an LMIA because well, you are a good employee. LMIA is going to be negative because there are thousands of people looking for those jobs. Now a restauranter applies for a so called LMIA, how is he going to get a positive LMIA? You think CIC releases a list of jobs that are in shortage? No. Its hard to bypass or screw around with LMIA.

If you are applying with CEC and have a good IELTS score then your score should be in the upper 400s. That is good enough to get you picked in the first draw itself. Considering you are a banker, I am sure you are amazing with stats. Go take a look at that stat sheet, most fall below 450. If Canadian government has to fill their quota of immigration, then the CEC applicants have to get picked.

And since you probably haven't read what I said earlier. I called up CIC 3 weeks ago, I was told the following and I repeat verbatum; "I am not saying you will get permanent residency now, but if you would have gotten residency through CEC without EE, you will get it now too. It is just an extra step" .

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Try looking for jobs and employers as soon as you can
Don't be silly. It is impossible for 99.99% of applicants who will apply from outside of Canada.

Turn on your logic: it is quite difficult for a NEWCOMER with PR status already to find a proper job, and you suggest to find it ( in NOC 0,A and B) from outside, without status and on top of that with LMIA? Sweet dreams! :)

re thousands of people will get 600 points and they will take place near the top in the pool.
You are talking b...t. Reserch first and your post will not sound stupid.

clever

Dec 13, 2014
Regina said:
Don't be silly. It is impossible for 99.99% of applicants who will apply from outside of Canada.

Turn on your logic: it is quite difficult for a NEWCOMER with PR status already to find a proper job, and you suggest to find it ( in NOC 0,A and B) from outside, without status and on top of that with LMIA? Sweet dreams! :)
don't be rude!I have searched it.what is wrong with my post?and what did you mean by saying b...t?

praneet87

Star Member
Oct 13, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
clever said:
don't be rude!I have searched it.what is wrong with my post?and what did you mean by saying b...t?
If 1200 people are thousands then sure your post is accurate otherwise it is bull*censored word*. That's the number of people with LMIA this year. LMIA is hard to get and that's what has been happening historically, that's what has been speculated on this site and that's what has been stated by CIC officials in the conference.

So many landed PRs spend 5-6 months looking for jobs after coming to Canada. What makes you think people will get jobs after applying from outside. Employers dont like Skype interviews. This is done when they don't find anyone in the same city. If they are hiring from outisde Canada then they got to pay relocation costs which again they dong like. EE is just another layer which gives an illusion of uncertainty.

But think logically. Forget about EE. Think about their quotas and the average applicants per year. Only that determines if you get it or not. EE is just another step before ur actual application goes through.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Regina said:

Ignoring the language since responding to it isn't constructive to any one (that's probably the only time ever on this forum i received b...t, stupid...). Healthy debate starts with etiquette, learn to use some.

Starting early only improves ones over all situation. Plus i think that with this new mechanism in place, it might get a bit easier to be hired remotely or at least been into process with an employer at some stage.

If nothing, it would give people a better taste of what they are going to face here WHILE they haven't kind of burned their boats.

Getting job while being remote is even harder, but still not impossible. A lot of people do it (i know a good number who have done it) - depending on your skill set.