+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How will you ever know where you stand in Express Entry pool???

boske83

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Regina said:
The same way as Australia does.
Nope. Australia has been using it for 3-4 years ALREADY.
I agree, they should, but they have not announced that - maybe they have backend connected to british council and eca institutions and provinces and esdc, but they have not said a word about it - they have said that their fraud fight is at the point when app is received in sydney, after ITA, and fake profiles will be banned for 5 years - that is all!!!

Canada MUST solve this issue if planning to have a single immigrant in 2015

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
boske83 said:
yep... few months will be lost for sure... I would like to see the idiots who architect the system without thinking of misusage...
I am pretty sure they are counting on that leverage of few months to be able to process that many applications at that speed. Remember it is not just about how many would be chosen from a draw. It is also that they claimed and intended to complete processing in six months max (and even faster for clearly high value applications).

One of the intents of this program is to reduce processing time so that they could replace (or significantly cut down) temp foreign worker program.

What people before coming to Canada don't realize (or at least don't realize the gravity of) is that it is even harder to find first job here (much harder than the PR process). Unless you come here with a pre arranged job by basically being skilled with something which Canadians don't have.

I am almost certain that factor is going to play a major role (and is also visible by the 600 score assigned to arranged job).

Let's hope CIC makes good of the program over all and people have a better experience.

boske83

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Regina said:
You should read info on www.cic.gc.ca.

CIC SAYS there about necessity of English test and ECA for just entering the EE pool. What else they have to explain to applicants in that regard?
OK, but HOW will they check this? They are not having backend connected to ECA institutions for sure, since many programs do not require ECA...
For IELTS - time will tell, but mentions are that it is self assigned, and after ITA it will be confirmed... that is DISASTER
Don't get me wrong, I have all papers and want this pool to be marketplace of real people, but that is utopia - system is not well protected against fraud... at least, not based on information that is currently provided...

boske83

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fkl said:
I am pretty sure they are counting on that leverage of few months to be able to process that many applications at that speed. Remember it is not just about how many would be chosen from a draw. It is also that they claimed and intended to complete processing in six months max (and even faster for clearly high value applications).

One of the intents of this program is to reduce processing time so that they could replace (or significantly cut down) temp foreign worker program.

What people before coming to Canada don't realize (or at least don't realize the gravity of) is that it is even harder to find first job here (much harder than the PR process). Unless you come here with a pre arranged job by basically being skilled with something which Canadians don't have.

I am almost certain that factor is going to play a major role (and is also visible by the 600 score assigned to arranged job).

Let's hope CIC makes good of the program over all and people have a better experience.
it is not easy to get lmia job... i work for canadian company for 6 years, and will continue to work for it for sure in next few years, but i think that it is hard to get lmia...
I mean, like every advertisement, it is possible, but still pain in the ass, and potentially not needed... we will see...

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
yep I can also see the problem with people trying out the system since there is no fee or anything stopping people creating multiple EOIs. EE system is all software codes and algorithms until the point where candidates gets ITA, but I dont remember CIC mentioned about pre-verify credentials at EOI stage. Maybe they will do it, they just don't tell you.

Regina said:
You should read info on www.cic.gc.ca.

CIC SAYS there about necessity of English test and ECA for just entering the EE pool. What else they have to explain to applicants in that regard?
The question raised was not about not able to provide IELTS/CELPIP results. It was about people claims Language test results that they don't have. EE profiles are all self-proclaimed so one may claim all CLB10 and gets ITA, while later s/he cannot support it. But the damage is done and people with lower scores don't get ITA because them.

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They are not having backend connected to ECA institutions for sure, since many programs do not require ECA...
Are you kidding? There are only a couple of institutions CHOSEN by CIC to provide ECA. And CIC has ONLINE access to every ECA file made for EACH applicant.
Not "many programs" are available at EE. Just four. :D

cecandconfused

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
boske83 said:
it is not easy to get lmia job... i work for canadian company for 6 years, and will continue to work for it for sure in next few years, but i think that it is hard to get lmia...
I mean, like every advertisement, it is possible, but still pain in the ass, and potentially not needed... we will see...
Definitely. Just contacted my HR guy and he told me that LMIA is a "Pain" to get.
The problem is, small unskilled workers (e.g. Drywall) are actually at an ADVANTAGE to get LMIA rather than say a person who works for JP Morgan. Large multinational companies will be far less flexible to issue LMIA than a construction company with 3-4 staff. This way people in better jobs are in fact at a disadvantage.

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EE profiles are all self-proclaimed so one may claim all CLB10 and gets ITA, while later s/he cannot support it. But the damage is done and people with lower scores don't get ITA because them.
1, the program picks the applicant but it does not mean that the EE file is not monitored before issuing ITA. 2. How you you think Australian (THE SAME ) program works? And does not have problems.

cecandconfused

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
Regina said:
1, the program picks the applicant but it does not mean that the EE file is not monitored before issuing ITA. 2. How you you think Australian (THE SAME ) program works? And does not have problems.
Actually I would love to hear how Australia deters bogus applications. Hopefully Canada has a system in place, but so far no communication has been issued. In the press conference CIC was asked about it, and only mentioned the "mis-representaion" deterrence which has already been in place, but won't be enough under current system.

cecandconfused

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
Regina said:
Correct. There are enough educated people in Canada (citizens and PR). So Canada is interested in skilled trades mostly.
Well, that confirms my fear that EE is going to screw CEC applicants. Time to quit banking and start framing I guess.

boske83

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Regina said:
It had problems for sure in first year... then it stabilized...

Regina - i would take you to the best dinner in your life if you are correct - that Canada is having preliminary check of IELTS test score by test ID, and ECA by reference id... If that is correct, i will gladly buy you a dinner, since it will mean that i will receive my ITA in matter of weeks...

I am not sure in what position you are, but I am checking the worst case scenario, and trying to be prepared for it...

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
Regina said:
As you have mentioned, the Australian pre-screens language results and education credentials. If Canada does it too, why don't they brag about it?