+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How will you ever know where you stand in Express Entry pool???

kainthsimranjit

Dec 1, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Missisauga / CPC - Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
praneet87 said:
If 1200 people are thousands then sure your post is accurate otherwise it is bull*censored word*. That's the number of people with LMIA this year. LMIA is hard to get and that's what has been happening historically, that's what has been speculated on this site and that's what has been stated by CIC officials in the conference.

So many landed PRs spend 5-6 months looking for jobs after coming to Canada. What makes you think people will get jobs after applying from outside. Employers dont like Skype interviews. This is done when they don't find anyone in the same city. If they are hiring from outisde Canada then they got to pay relocation costs which again they dong like. EE is just another layer which gives an illusion of uncertainty.

But think logically. Forget about EE. Think about their quotas and the average applicants per year. Only that determines if you get it or not. EE is just another step before ur actual application goes through.
Rightly said.....Canadian employers value Canadian experience a lot more than international experience...even after my MBA (from premier Canadian school), I had to wait for 3-4 months to land a respectable job (I had everything - work permit, canadian education, some Canadian experience). Believe me, no employer would sponsor an LMIA for a high paying job. only those who want cheap Asian labor would sponsor an LMIA and now law enforcement agencies are also getting hard on those employers because cheap Asian labor is eating up jobs that are basically designed for college going students....

So, in a nutshell, for this EE system to be successful, it would take atleast 2-3 years (that too if Canada sticks with it). Because it will involve employer engagement and lots of other learnings.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
clever said:
you mean the people who have not job offer and canada experience will have lower chance to immigrate to canada as fsw?To be eligible to enter the pool,job offer is not required but it is very hard to receive ita without it?as mentioned above (the link which was posted by fkl)there are thousands of people will get 600 points and they will take place near the top in the pool.i think there is no point in entering the ee pool without job offer.
I suspect that is likely though i think you went a bit too far. Not every one with a work permit and LMO would choose this route. Many of those would have already applied in larger quotas of various PR programs before EE. But yes those with jobs will get prioritized treatment and this is the intent of CIC as well (why shouldn't it be, as it prevents the second stage hassle that a lot of people face after coming here when they spend months or even up to a year to get a job).

I think that if you rank pretty high in the pool (without job offer) i.e. excluding the 600 mark you are pretty high say 400+ your turn would come albeit after most of those with jobs. However, the illusion that EE would conclude in six months - i think that would only happen for people with jobs. The others would effectively take the same time they would have taken otherwise since very few from non job pools would be picked in each draw.

That is just my understanding reading what and how EE has been designed. Things would only evolve and becomes clearer once they are through with at least one full iteration. So take it a little light but don't pin your hopes on six months unless you have a job offer.

praneet87

Star Member
Oct 13, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kainthsimranjit said:
Rightly said.....Canadian employers value Canadian experience a lot more than international experience...even after my MBA (from premier Canadian school), I had to wait for 3-4 months to land a respectable job (I had everything - work permit, canadian education, some Canadian experience). Believe me, no employer would sponsor an LMIA for a high paying job. only those who want cheap Asian labor would sponsor an LMIA and now law enforcement agencies are also getting hard on those employers because cheap Asian labor is eating up jobs that are basically designed for college going students....

So, in a nutshell, for this EE system to be successful, it would take atleast 2-3 years (that too if Canada sticks with it). Because it will involve employer engagement and lots of other learnings.
Completely off-topic but what the fuck? 3-4 months? really after a top MBA?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
kainthsimranjit said:

I respect your canadian education and sentiment but please don't generalize. Else i am tempted to pick up high paying jobs for which people are hired remotely because that skill set is simply not present in Canada. I am one, i didn't even apply for a job. But that is only because i have worked in a specialized area for 7+ years which is even in demand in the US. MBA is not that valued because you would find a lot of locals in Canada with MBAs too. Yes Canadians are biased towards Canadian experience so this happens ONLY when you have a skill they badly need and they don't have locals with that skill set.

And i know tons of people like me across various domains. Just my employer has at least 10+ out of a total work force of close to 100. They are obviously far fewer than the total number of LMIA based workers which are often low paid jobs. But they are certainly not negligible. I looked at stats at one point in much detail and they are safely 20% or more of the total.

Similarly there are other domains such as professors, post docs with specific research experiences and i know all of us are pretty well paid, often much better than their Canadian counter parts. So please don't generalize and see this side of the picture too. Thanks

Update:
Ironically a lot of these high paid job holders are Asians too. I am forced to return the favor as it was mentioned in above post. Thankfully the world is no longer as racist as some portray it to be. It is skills that matter - not origin.

kainthsimranjit

Dec 1, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
praneet87 said:
Completely off-topic but what the *censored word*? 3-4 months? really after a top MBA?
That's the reality....I am staying in Canada and know the Canadian job market better than who is not a part of it....

kainthsimranjit

Dec 1, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
fkl said:
I respect your canadian education and sentiment but please don't generalize. Else i am tempted to pick up high paying jobs for which people are hired remotely because that skill set is simply not present in Canada. I am one, i didn't even apply for a job. But that is only because i have worked in a specialized area for 7+ years which is even in demand in the US. MBA is not that valued because you would find a lot of locals in Canada with MBAs too. Yes Canadians are biased towards Canadian experience so this happens ONLY when you have a skill they badly need and they don't have locals with that skill set.

And i know tons of people like me across various domains. Just my employer has at least 10+ out of a total work force of close to 100. They are obviously far fewer than the total number of LMIA based workers which are often low paid jobs. But they are certainly not negligible. I looked at stats at one point in much detail and they are safely 20% or more of the total.

Similarly there are other domains such as professors, post docs with specific research experiences and i know all of us are pretty well paid, often much better than their Canadian counter parts. So please don't generalize and see this side of the picture too. Thanks

Update:
Ironically a lot of these high paid job holders are Asians too. I am forced to return the favor as it was mentioned in above post. Thankfully the world is no longer as racist as some portray it to be. It is skills that matter - not origin.
I agree that tons of Asians are highly paid as well...I am one of them....but in the above post what you have done is generalized your special case....

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
kainthsimranjit said:
I agree that tons of Asians are highly paid as well...I am one of them....but in the above post what you have done is generalized your special case....
It is not as specialized when people seem to label tfw program as the means of importing cheap labor ONLY. The program was designed for exactly this purpose i.e. employer has to prove when getting LMO/LMIA that they couldn't find qualified Canadians and latter the person they are bringing in really has that skill set.

Like i mentioned above, the percentage of such people is easily around 20 and it is not limited to one profession. I know people in IT, Telecom as well as researchers at Post doc level who all were brought in this category. So again, it is a SIGNIFICANT chunk of total temp worker population. I am not ready to take some cases of abuse of the program by specific people as a generalization either.

kainthsimranjit

Dec 1, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
fkl said:
It is not as specialized when people seem to label tfw program as the means of importing cheap labor ONLY. The program was designed for exactly this purpose i.e. employer has to prove when getting LMO/LMIA that they couldn't find qualified Canadians and latter the person they are bringing in really has that skill set.

Like i mentioned above, the percentage of such people is easily around 20 and it is not limited to one profession. I know people in IT, Telecom as well as researchers at Post doc level who all were brought in this category. So again, it is a SIGNIFICANT chunk of total temp worker population. I am not ready to take some cases of abuse of the program by specific people as a generalization either.
I am not trying to abuse anyone over here. I just wanted to make a point that majority of the LMIAs that are processed at this point are for over the counter, food and beverage type of industries....These people are only paid around $11-14 per hour and are made to work long shifts. There were numerous cases in BC and AB where the law enforcement agencies have acted against these employers...

Anyways, you cannot always agree with other persons point and at this moment I am in disagreement with you as far as LMIA/LMOs are concerned....I am here in this forum just to gain some knowledge rather than fight as many people in other threads are placed...so from side PEACE

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
kainthsimranjit said:
I am not trying to abuse anyone over here. I just wanted to make a point that majority of the LMIAs that are processed at this point are for over the counter, food and beverage type of industries....These people are only paid around $11-14 per hour and are made to work long shifts. There were numerous cases in BC and AB where the law enforcement agencies have acted against these employers...

Anyways, you cannot always agree with other persons point and at this moment I am in disagreement with you as far as LMIA/LMOs are concerned....I am here in this forum just to gain some knowledge rather than fight as many people in other threads are placed...so from side PEACE
Of course, neither am i and peace here as well :) May be 1 out of every 15 posts of so, trying to help others, i occasionally have disagreements and cite those out. The important thing is always to express your opinion nicely. Every body would be willing to accept differences. That's all

praneet87

Star Member
Oct 13, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fkl said:

what? 20% what? can you explain please?

praneet87

Star Member
Oct 13, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kainthsimranjit said:
That's the reality....I am staying in Canada and know the Canadian job market better than who is not a part of it....
If you don't mind asking can you tell me what your specialization is and what jobs were you looking for? 3-4 months seems unrealistic unless you were looking for something that is very niche, and unfortunately I too have the taste of the market. It is not as easy as people here think it is.

kainthsimranjit

Dec 1, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
fkl said:
Of course, neither am i and peace here as well :) May be 1 out of every 15 posts of so, trying to help others, i occasionally have disagreements and cite those out. The important thing is always to express your opinion nicely. Every body would be willing to accept differences. That's all
So, I am scoring 481 out of 600....Would get my PNP early next year (Feb/March). Work for a local municipality, earning 6 figure salary in Canada.....employer would never apply for LMIA (they don't want to take that tension).

Is there any chance that I may get picked up in first few draws...

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
praneet87 said:
what? 20% what? can you explain please?
Roughly at least 20% or higher of all temp foreign workers are highly skilled positions that are well paid and for which no skilled Canadians actually existed. If you combine stats of NOC 0, A or B they are close to 35% of all LMIAs but i am excluding NOC Bs because a good number of positions there such as restaurant managers and food related occupations aren't looked up to as really needed positions.

I posted stats about a year ago on this forum. Would have to search for those again if really needed.

kainthsimranjit

Dec 1, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
praneet87 said:
If you don't mind asking can you tell me what your specialization is and what jobs were you looking for? 3-4 months seems unrealistic unless you were looking for something that is very niche, and unfortunately I too have the taste of the market. It is not as easy as people here think it is.
I graduated with dual specialization - Project Management and Finance. My interests were in Risk Management and Futures and Options.
I was not looking at a niche job (I just did not want to do any kind of over the counter job). I was regularly interviewed by employers (O&G, telecom, IT, government, consulting ) but was always rejected bcoz of "LACK OF CANADIAN EXPERIENCE".

My experience: around 2 years in - Turkey, Dubai, Netherland, India combined.
around 8 months in Denmark.
around 1.5 years in London, UK.

So I don't think that I had that bad experience. And I have PMP, PMI-ACP and PMI-PBA. ANd I live in the most economically sound region of Canada (Calgary). So, it frustrated me a lot but in the end I was able to find a job of my choice (actually a better one).

praneet87

Star Member
Oct 13, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kainthsimranjit said:
I graduated with dual specialization - Project Management and Finance. My interests were in Risk Management and Futures and Options.
I was not looking at a niche job (I just did not want to do any kind of over the counter job). I was regularly interviewed by employers (O&G, telecom, IT, government, consulting ) but was always rejected bcoz of "LACK OF CANADIAN EXPERIENCE".

My experience: around 2 years in - Turkey, Dubai, Netherland, India combined.
around 8 months in Denmark.
around 1.5 years in London, UK.

So I don't think that I had that bad experience. And I have PMP, PMI-ACP and PMI-PBA. ANd I live in the most economically sound region of Canada (Calgary). So, it frustrated me a lot but in the end I was able to find a job of my choice (actually a better one).
Ahh another issue is that you did not have PR/Citizen ship. I am an undergrad and got turned for positions from SAP and Deloitte because I am PGWP holder. Did you go to Haskayne School of Business? You should have moved to Toronto. You would have gotten a job sooner.