+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Julie julie

Star Member
May 20, 2022
Hi Julie,

You can try to renew your work permit. I know some members who were able to renew their work permits even though they received negative results on their JR. However, I also know some members who were denied. Write a note to officer, emphasize your desire to work and contribute as a taxpayer, and that you don't want to rely on welfare.

Good luck!

NB : If you don't mind, please give an update about the result.
Thank you for your reply really appreciate it, sure once I apply I will tell you about the result

Reactions: DaveAngel

Mahisharm

Jan 4, 2022
Hi Julie,

You can try to renew your work permit. I know some members who were able to renew their work permits even though they received negative results on their JR. However, I also know some members who were denied. Write a note to officer, emphasize your desire to work and contribute as a taxpayer, and that you don't want to rely on welfare.

Good luck!

NB : If you don't mind, please give an update about the result.
Yes you can . My friend received WP just in one month

MRawat

Feb 16, 2024
Hello all, can someone share their experience of changing province. Also is it better to change province before AIP or after? I am assuming after AIP, we have to submit additional documents within 30 days alongwith medical. Please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks!

ibrahim0175

Star Member
Jun 26, 2014
Folks

would it be a good idea to mention about my h and c /PR application in my visitor record extension application?I need to stay in canada till a final decision is made on my H and C application.

I would appreciate your opinion on this…

thanks
Any expert opinion on this?

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
A quick questio on behalf of a FOAF, who filed H&C case in May, 2024 and had biometrics in June, 2024. I guess the next step is stage 1 which is AIP-correct? Whats the standard processing time now a days for AIP after biometrics? Or is it relative like vary from case to case? Would appreciate if someone chimes in to respond!

MRawat

Feb 16, 2024
A quick questio on behalf of a FOAF, who filed H&C case in May, 2024 and had biometrics in June, 2024. I guess the next step is stage 1 which is AIP-correct? Whats the standard processing time now a days for AIP after biometrics? Or is it relative like vary from case to case? Would appreciate if someone chimes in to respond!
Hi, it's 20 months if you are outside Quebec and 51 months in Quebec

Norwel52

Dec 17, 2017
Hello! I just applied thru online my H&C application last june then was returned by end of june because it was not complete and send it back on the same day. My question is , how can i take my grandchildren to Canada because my only daughter who was separated from her husband passed away. Do i need to adopt them?