Victorknow

Star Member
Dec 17, 2022
Canada
Category........
Other

Robin220

May 15, 2023
@Robin220 I’m asking for one of my friends after JR refused must wait for PRRA after 12 months so that’s right but what about H&C application he wants to apply for need to wait for one year or he can apply immediately after jr refused???
Hello , I m not sure about that but that’s the one I found on google but it can be wrong too

Before you can make an H&C application, you have to wait for 12 months after the IRB-RPD or IRB-RAD reject your refugee claim. You may not have to wait to apply if you can show that if you leave Canada: it would not be in the best interests of a child in Canada or outside Canada, or.

Reactions: fagsey

Saznuck8

Star Member
Jun 22, 2024
Hello , I m not sure about that but that’s the one I found on google but it can be wrong too

Before you can make an H&C application, you have to wait for 12 months after the IRB-RPD or IRB-RAD reject your refugee claim. You may not have to wait to apply if you can show that if you leave Canada: it would not be in the best interests of a child in Canada or outside Canada, or.
Did you wait one year after your federal count refusal or u applied H&C right away ?

Amayanabo

Jul 3, 2024
Good afternoon.

Please I have a couple of questions

My mother is 76 years old. She has been somewhat flag polling since 2020 (spending 1 month either in the US or UK and returning to Canada for 5-6 months) as we have been waiting for the parents and grandparents’ route to open but to no avail. Her TVR expires at the end of August 2024

I applied for H&C in May 2024 on the grounds of establishment in Canada (3 out of her 4 children are Canadian citizens and the 4th is a British citizen) she has no ties, assets, family etc in our home country Nigeria. Also, I included best interest of children/grandchildren (providing childcare to 6 grandchildren here in Canada and teaching them Nigerian languages and culture)

Timeline

Application – 26th May 2024

AOR – pending

Biometrics Request – 17th June 2024 (with an application number starting with H000) submitted 18th June

I phoned the call center, today and the agent told me they had received the application and they are currently checking for eligibility.

Questions
  • I have not received the AOR letter, how long does that usually take after the application?
  • Do you think I should apply for the visitor record now so she does not lose status when her current TVR expires by August 31st 2024?
  • I noticed in her GCKey account her biometric was updated with the new expiry in June 2034. Am I able to link her H&C application to her GCKey account?
Thanks for your advice and help.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Good afternoon.

My mother is 76 years old. She has been somewhat flag polling since 2020 (spending 1 month either in the US or UK and returning to Canada for 5-6 months) as we have been waiting for the parents and grandparents’ route to open but to no avail. Her TVR expires at the end of August 2024

I applied for H&C in May 2024 on the grounds of establishment in Canada (3 out of her 4 children are Canadian citizens and the 4th is a British citizen) she has no ties, assets, family etc in our home country Nigeria. Also, I included best interest of children/grandchildren (providing childcare to 6 grandchildren here in Canada and teaching them Nigerian languages and culture)

Timeline

AOR – pending

Biometrics Request – 17th June 2024 (with an application number starting with H000) submitted 18th June

I phoned the call center, today and the agent told me they had received the application and they are currently checking for eligibility.

Questions
  • I have not received the AOR letter, how long does that usually take after the application?
  • Do you think I should apply for the visitor record now so she does not lose status when her current TVR expires by August 31st 2024?
  • I noticed in her GCKey account her biometric was updated with the new expiry in June 2034. Am I able to link her H&C application to her GCKey account?
I can only help with one question.

If you have applied for H&C, then I'm not sure if bother trying to extend her visitor status. Most likely she will be refused since the H&C application demonstrates an intent to remain in Canada permanently. It's fine if she falls out of status while waiting for the H&C application to be processed. This happens to many / most people.

Bornlucky

May 15, 2018
Good afternoon.

Timeline

AOR – pending

Questions
Hello,

My compliments with your easily read posting and your familiarity with immigration's acronyms. I was genuinely surprised to note that this is your very first posting.

The AOR doesn't really do anything but I suppose that you can request written confirmation. It's a good idea to build a mirror paper file at home to keep your head collected over the years as to what you've put before the decision-maker.

I would encourage people to remain in status as long as possible in order to try and avoid some of that distasteful enforcement stuff. Putting an elderly parent into such a situation seems cruel to me. The extension request may be denied, but it demonstrates good will.

I don't know about the technical stuff, but others will know better.

It would seem that should this be unsuccessful she has other possibilities, so good luck.

Saznuck8

Star Member
Jun 22, 2024
The level of incompetence at IRCC is just shocking. High School certificate holders are the processing agents at IRCC and so are most of the officers and managers. They are the sons and daughters of the soil who got their jobs by networking. Third World public servants are way superior to these semi illiterates at IRCC.
IRCC is the most disorganized, disjointed and the worst agency I've ever seen. All documents requested were provided and the checklist confirmed it. Now they are asking for police reports- even from a 15 years old! They are asking for our passports and passport photographs, which we provided at the beginning and listed in the checklist. This is a scattered agency whose workers are divided into 2: those who collect salaries and the hardworking minorities who do the work. Pray that your file never end up in the hands of those workers who are there to collect salaries. I have been sleepless for 3 weeks now. Our application was received by IRCC in mid July 2022! What a disastrous agency.
Updated July 20, 2023.
This is a terrible government department. The IRCC is the most hopeless government department in Canada and it shows no respect for citizens and treat them horribly. You can never reach IRCC either by phone, messages on line and through forms. The best response will be a generic reply that is long enough to take you hours to read, but lack any specific information about YOUR case. I have written the minister and received no response from his office. This minister is unfit and lacks the requisite abilities to do the job. Is this agency too large? Should we split it and stop wasting taxpayers funds on a failed agency?

Reactions: fagsey