File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello! I just applied thru online my H&C application last june then was returned by end of june because it was not complete and send it back on the same day. My question is , how can i take my grandchildren to Canada because my only daughter who was separated from her husband passed away. Do i need to adopt them?
Yes, you would need to adopt them. I assume their father has passed away as well and that they are already living with you.

necn00

Apr 4, 2012
Hello all, can someone share their experience of changing province. Also is it better to change province before AIP or after? I am assuming after AIP, we have to submit additional documents within 30 days alongwith medical. Please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks!
I want to know too. if anybody can help please

Norwel52

Dec 17, 2017
Yes, you would need to adopt them. I assume their father has passed away as well and that they are already living with you.
We don’t have contact with their fathers. My daughter got pregnant at a young age. She was not married with the father of the first child. Then, she found another guy and got pregnant again and they got married but they got separated also for a long time. They are in my husband’s custody in our country. Is it okay if i will include them in my application using my husband as the guardian? Thank you in advance @Syclla.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
We don’t have contact with their fathers. My daughter got pregnant at a young age. She was not married with the father of the first child. Then, she found another guy and got pregnant again and they got married but they got separated also for a long time. They are in my husband’s custody in our country. Is it okay if i will include them in my application using my husband as the guardian? Thank you in advance @Syclla.
Guardianship isn't sufficient to include them in your application. They won't be classified as dependents. They need to be legally adopted.

Reactions: bella12

Norwel52

Dec 17, 2017
Guardianship isn't sufficient to include them in your application. They won't be classified as dependents. They need to be legally adopted.
Adoption will take time. I already pass my application. My granddaughter will become 17 this coming September and my grandson will be 12.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Adoption will take time. I already pass my application. My granddaughter will become 17 this coming September and my grandson will be 12.
They cannot be included as dependents at this time. If you haven't done so already, have your husband start the adoption process as soon as possible.

Julie julie

Star Member
May 20, 2022
Hello everyone, I need some info please on this, the process time for H&C time in Quebec has been changed to 51 months on the website, did anyone managed to get clarification on this from immigration or lawyer? Is this time is for getting 1st stage decision only or it is for both 1st stage by federal and then CSQ from Quebec combined ?
Can we move to another province at this point or that would have a negative effect on the file?
Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Taweda

Mahisharm

Jan 4, 2022
Hello everyone, I need some info please on this, the process time for H&C time in Quebec has been changed to 51 months on the website, did anyone managed to get clarification on this from immigration or lawyer? Is this time is for getting 1st stage decision only or it is for both 1st stage by federal and then CSQ from Quebec combined ?
Can we move to another province at this point or that would have a negative effect on the file?
Thanks in advance.
Clearly mention on website:Your processing time starts the day we receive your complete application and ends when we make a decision.

Mahisharm

Jan 4, 2022
Thanks in advance.
51 months really too long to wait better to move another province.I don’t think there’s any negetive effect on your file .

Reactions: Julie julie

need-aip

Jul 11, 2024
Hello everyone.
I applied work permit extention in January 2024.
And received authorization letter to continue work until decision is made my application for 180 days.
Now it has been 6 months and 10 days and no decision is made for my work permit application.
In this case is there anyone who has experienced in this situation?

MRawat

Feb 16, 2024
Hello everyone.
I applied work permit extention in January 2024.
And received authorization letter to continue work until decision is made my application for 180 days.
Now it has been 6 months and 10 days and no decision is made for my work permit application.
In this case is there anyone who has experienced in this situation?
It is ok. Sometimes they take more time. You can always call and ask for update if the processing time already passed. I got my work permit in 8 months when the processing time was 4 months only. If you are already working and the employer isn't giving you any trouble, then chill :)