+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

need-aip

Jul 11, 2024
It is ok. Sometimes they take more time. You can always call and ask for update if the processing time already passed. I got my work permit in 8 months when the processing time was 4 months only. If you are already working and the employer isn't giving you any trouble, then chill :)
Thanks
they are asking me updated SIN.
Which i cannot get until WP is renewed.
and the authorization letter is expired althought ircc website mentions that i can work even if the letter expires until decision is made.

If we don’t finalize your application by the date on your letter, you can still keep working until we make a decision.

If your employer or others need proof that you can continue to work

Julie julie

Star Member
May 20, 2022
Hello all, can someone share their experience of changing province. Also is it better to change province before AIP or after? I am assuming after AIP, we have to submit additional documents within 30 days alongwith medical. Please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks!
I am sorry May I ask you are you in quebec for outside quebec?

Reactions: Robin220

MRawat

Feb 16, 2024
Thanks
they are asking me updated SIN.
Which i cannot get until WP is renewed.
and the authorization letter is expired althought ircc website mentions that i can work even if the letter expires until decision is made.

If we don’t finalize your application by the date on your letter, you can still keep working until we make a decision.

If your employer or others need proof that you can continue to work

Please understand that the employer can't ask you for updated SIN again and again as you can't do anything until the decision is made on your wp application. I suggest you to call IRCC and explain the situation, they will send you a letter on your email which you can share with your existing employer. Done and dusted :)

Julie julie

Star Member
May 20, 2022
In Quebec, this is why thought of changing the province,. Though it isn't easy considering job, housing issues everywhere.
Yes, me too in Quebec and I am in the same situation. May I ask you did you know or you asked your lawyer if AIP (syage 1) will be processed by canada and then stage2 will be processed by Quebec

Reactions: MRawat

MRawat

Feb 16, 2024
Hello all, can someone share their experience of changing province. Also is it better to change province before AIP or after? I am assuming after AIP, we have to submit additional documents within 30 days alongwith medical. Please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks!
@Bornlucky hi, can you share some inputs please

MRawat

Feb 16, 2024
Yes, me too in Quebec and I am in the same situation. May I ask you did you know or you asked your lawyer if AIP (syage 1) will be processed by canada and then stage2 will be processed by Quebec
I have read in this forum earlier that people did this. Not sure, my lawyer is on vacation right now :(

Reactions: Julie julie

need-aip

Jul 11, 2024
Please understand that the employer can't ask you for updated SIN again and again as you can't do anything until the decision is made on your wp application. I suggest you to call IRCC and explain the situation, they will send you a letter on your email which you can share with your existing employer. Done and dusted :)
Ok
Thanks for your advice.

need-aip

Jul 11, 2024
@MRawat
The letter that ircc will send me is it differrent from the one that has expired which was authorization letter?

Taweda

Nov 25, 2016
Hello everyone, I need some info please on this, the process time for H&C time in Quebec has been changed to 51 months on the website, did anyone managed to get clarification on this from immigration or lawyer? Is this time is for getting 1st stage decision only or it is for both 1st stage by federal and then CSQ from Quebec combined ?
Can we move to another province at this point or that would have a negative effect on the file?
Thanks in advance.
Can you share the link please where you found the processing time is 51 months in Quebec.