+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS shows 'Security Screening' and waiting... - let's gather here!

prospective102

Star Member
Feb 12, 2023
Congratulations.

Could you please share the exact link that you used to order GCMS notes?
Thank you
You can check out https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/access-information-privacy/requests-information-act.html
if you have anyone like family/friend/sponsor in canada who is a citizen or pr to order on your behalf. There is a consent form for that as well.

There's a lot of information on this forum regarding gcms notes and how to order them, do have a look.

Goodluck!

prospective102

Star Member
Feb 12, 2023
congratulation dear,

i want to know when your security was clear any changes in gckey ( background verification)or tracker
In Gckey your bg will still show in process (this usually gets updated at a later date/stage), but you will get a date next to final decision followed by ppr.

MA4

Sep 27, 2023
Hi, just wanted to update you guys and give the people some hope.

Been stuck in security for a year. I wasn't sure who had my file, so I ordered GCMS notes and got re-medical request and then after a week or so got my PPR.

Goodluck everyone!
Did you order IRCC GCMS or CBSA GCMS? And when did CSIS complete your security, did you order CSIS notes before?

battylife

Star Member
Apr 16, 2023
London, England
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
RROC
App. Filed.......
15-01-2023
Passport Req..
28-08-2024
30 days after filing my affidavit with the Federal Court, IRCC gave a pretty unusual response. By law they have 31 days to respond, so I was expecting their response tomorrow.

They say they will show up at court, but won't be submitting any arguments, because they can't find any against me. This means I automatically win, in case the judge allows a hearing. But the judge will take a few months to respond, and the judge might hate me for whatever reason and decline a hearing.

At the same time, security screening and re-medicals document processing are still ongoing.

SeanSong91

Apr 25, 2021
I applied under CEC (inland) AOR is October 20, 2023

Comprehensive Security Screening since February 2024.

Today I saw a ghost update in GCKey.

CSIS ATIP reply indicates that they are not done yet as of July 26, 2024, so not sure the GU means.
I saw there was another GU today.
2 GUs in a span of less than two weeks? Nearing to an end? Will see in about a couple of weeks.

Reactions: immils

jmdbsa

Star Member
Nov 22, 2022
30 days after filing my affidavit with the Federal Court, IRCC gave a pretty unusual response. By law they have 31 days to respond, so I was expecting their response tomorrow.

They say they will show up at court, but won't be submitting any arguments, because they can't find any against me. This means I automatically win, in case the judge allows a hearing. But the judge will take a few months to respond, and the judge might hate me for whatever reason and decline a hearing.

At the same time, security screening and re-medicals document processing are still ongoing.
I think IRCC is in the final stage to give you PPR since they did not have reasonable arguments for the security screening delay...

Muhammad67

Star Member
Nov 5, 2023
@legalfalcon

I got my CSIS notes today and my security is still in process after 4 years. But this time round there information is exempted as per the section (21), Section 22(a), Section 22 (b) and 26.

However last time it was written S15(1), S16(1)(a), 16(1)(c), 19(1), 24(1).

Can you guide on these differences?
You are inland applicant right?

battylife

Star Member
Apr 16, 2023
London, England
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
RROC
App. Filed.......
15-01-2023
Passport Req..
28-08-2024
I think IRCC is in the final stage to give you PPR since they did not have reasonable arguments for the security screening delay...
Indeed, I called IRCC today and they said security screening by CSIS and CBSA finished on the same day as the remedical request (July 19)

Reactions: Daria14 and Krema

relyzarr

Jun 28, 2024
Visa Office......
Winnipeg
Considering your security in process date is May 2023, one might infer that you are nearing the end of the processing of your application. Ordinarily, the BGC will change twice. First when your criminality is in progress, which is fairly early in the application, and then will go back to not applicable. It will then again change to in progress, after eligibility has been passed and when security screening is in progress. This is usually at the end of the application processing.

If your application BGC has seen a change twice, then your application is nearing an end.
Hi
That happened to me it was in progress, them not applicable and now again in progress, and they request background check form again but since I was 18 years old not only from the last 10 years as usual. So, do you have any idea how long will take to have final decision?

katezhu

Star Member
Mar 7, 2023
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hi
That happened to me it was in progress, them not applicable and now again in progress, and they request background check form again but since I was 18 years old not only from the last 10 years as usual. So, do you have any idea how long will take to have final decision?
Thank you for sharing your information.

Can you please share your timeline for security screening? When did it start? Is that A34 comprehensive?