+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS shows 'Security Screening' and waiting... - let's gather here!

Felix_PGP2021

Star Member
May 13, 2022
@legalfalcon

I got my CSIS notes today and my security is still in process after 4 years. But this time round there information is exempted as per the section (21), Section 22(a), Section 22 (b) and 26.

However last time it was written S15(1), S16(1)(a), 16(1)(c), 19(1), 24(1).

Can you guide on these differences?
Can I ask about your background? 4 years wait is the longest time I have heard among who are currently in comprehensive ss.

My CSIS note shows “Security Assessments/Advice (CSIS PPU 005): Your Security Screening case is still in progress. The information has been exempted from disclosure by virtue of one or more of sections 21 (as it relates to the efforts of Canada toward detecting, preventing or suppressing subversive or hostile activities), 22(1 )(a), 22(1 )(b) and 26 of the Act until your case is completed.” And I also wonder what it means for the items of the Act. If someone knows it, please share.

Babak_L

Aug 23, 2024
I got my invitation to apply under CEC on October 2, 2023, and submitted all my documents on Oct 31, 2023.

I passed the medical exam on January 27, 2024, and submitted my biometrics on February 5, 2024.

My home country is Iran and military service for men above 18 is mandatory in order to receive a passport. On Feb 19, 2024, I was asked to submit details about my military service which I did the next day. The IRCC PR tracker said that my background check, which I understand is the last and longest stage of PR, started on Mar 19, 2024.
Ever since Mar 19th, my PR tracker has been stuck in this status(6 months so far):

I have never left Canada since my arrival in 2019 and have never been to another country before that for more than 1 week.
Every time I call IRCC they say it is normal, my case is being processed without problems and I should wait.

I've known people with complicated cases whose background check was done in 4-5 months.
Since I failed to find any channels of communication with the anonymous third-party company that is doing background checks for IRCC, I'd appreciate your opinion or insight on my situation. How much longer approximately do you think I'll have to wait?

djidji

Aug 2, 2024
I applied under CEC (inland) AOR is October 20, 2023

Comprehensive Security Screening since February 2024.

Today I saw a ghost update in GCKey.

CSIS ATIP reply indicates that they are not done yet as of July 26, 2024, so not sure the GU means.
I applied under CEC (inland) AOR is October 20, 2023

Comprehensive Security Screening since February 2024.

Today I saw a ghost update in GCKey.

CSIS ATIP reply indicates that they are not done yet as of July 26, 2024, so not sure the GU means.
Please any update after this Gu?

djidji

Aug 2, 2024
Hi everyone
FSW Outland
AOR February 28th 2024
ADR 01 may + IP1 : imm5669 , CV , supplementary information request for students form, travel history form

IP2 : 26 June
Gu : 28 June security in progress

Gu : 16 august nothing change still security in progress

Please what about the last Gu!!!

Saba91

Star Member
May 16, 2024
Hi everyone
FSW Outland
AOR February 28th 2024
ADR 01 may + IP1 : imm5669 , CV , supplementary information request for students form, travel history form

IP2 : 26 June
Gu : 28 June security in progress

Gu : 16 august nothing change still security in progress

Please what about the last Gu!!!
Sorry to ask but just to help us all - any reason for them to ask for your CV? Any STEM education? Country,? Miliatary background? Govt services ?

I mean, why would they ask a CV? I really hope this SS completes soon for you. BTW, do you know if it is Compreshensive SS ?

VascoDeGama

Jun 30, 2024
Sorry to ask but just to help us all - any reason for them to ask for your CV? Any STEM education? Country,? Miliatary background? Govt services ?

I mean, why would they ask a CV? I really hope this SS completes soon for you. BTW, do you know if it is Compreshensive SS ?
Is STEM education a cause for concern?

djidji

Aug 2, 2024

I don't know why they ask me this ADR, I'm a teacher of mathematics, and I study mathematics
I don't know if it is a comprehensive SS

relyzarr

Jun 28, 2024
Visa Office......
Winnipeg
Hi
I received my GCMS notes yesterday. How can I now if I am under security screening? I applied for CBSA notes as well but not received it yet

relyzarr

Jun 28, 2024
Visa Office......
Winnipeg
Thanks for your reply.

When you got your IRCC notes, if it is A34 comprehensive, please update in here. We are waiting for completion of A34 comprehensive. Your information will be helpful for us.
I only received my GCMS notes, I’m still waiting for my CBSA notes. Can you please tell me how can I check if I’m on security screening?
On my GCMS notes just wrote this.

OTHER REQS
H&C:0
A39/A41: 0
VERIFICATION: 0

djidji

Aug 2, 2024
thanks..depends on country, military services, governemnt jobs etc.and travel history...
I'm Algerian, I've never travelled so no history of travel, I work for education so no government job l, I'm a woman no military service,.... I don't know where is the problem