+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS shows 'Security Screening' and waiting... - let's gather here!

VascoDeGama

Jun 30, 2024
Finally after no updates for 8 months: FD today August 29, 2024!
AR: March 06, 2023
AOR: April 04, 2023
MP: December 15 2023
Background Verification Started on Tracker: December 22, 2023
Never ordered CBSA or GCMS notes so I don’t have more info. I never ordered them because I think they would delay the application.
… no military background… not a lot of travels, never been to the US…
Is the tracker working for you?

Aug 27, 2024
Hi everyone! Does anybody knows if the background check for visitor visa differs from background check for PR? Do they perform the same checks as they did for visitor visa or add additional screening steps? Does anyone have any idea if they may reuse previous BG heck results?

Let me describe my case: My spouse and me are citizens of a third country (not EU, Commonwealth or USA). My country is in good relations with Canada, but I've heard that IRSS has recently started to check all men more deeply because of their military service. We had been living in EU country for 5 years (held temporary recency there) before we moved to Canada. In 2022 we applied for visitor visas at the EU Visa Centre. As a part of the visa applications they perform some kind of BG check that didn't take long and went smooth. We moved to Canada 1.5 years ago and hold closed work permit and spousal open work permit.

We recently applied for PRs under EE program as inland applicants and I am afraid we can stuck at SS for months or even years so I'm seeking for any BG related info. Does anybody have similar experience? Does previously made BG check make any difference on PR application?

Thank you everyone!

Krema

Aug 2, 2024
We recently applied for PRs under EE program as inland applicants and I am afraid we can stuck at SS for months or even years so I'm seeking for any BG related info. Does anybody have similar experience? Does previously made BG check make any difference on PR application?
I spoke with a lawyer who mentioned that for those who faced comprehensive SS during their temporary visa process, it’s less common to be subjected it again during PR. I assume that the same logic applies in the reverse case. The likelihood of comprehensive SS is higher if you didn't undergo it during the temporary visa review.

Abdul4112

Feb 8, 2021
Application stuck since Oct 2023 on Comprehensive Security check. I see there is a ghost update (application updated) on 28th August 2024 but I don't see any thing on the tracker. Any one have an idea regarding this?

Benz_Dhihya

Sep 7, 2022
Application stuck since Oct 2023 on Comprehensive Security check. I see there is a ghost update (application updated) on 28th August 2024 but I don't see any thing on the tracker. Any one have an idea regarding this?
It means some agent opened your case, so in all situations it's a good sign for you, maybe your request will go forward.

Aug 27, 2024
I spoke with a lawyer who mentioned that for those who faced comprehensive SS during their temporary visa process, it’s less common to be subjected it again during PR. I assume that the same logic applies in the reverse case. The likelihood of comprehensive SS is higher if you didn't undergo it during the temporary visa review.
Thank you for shearing this info!