+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS shows 'Security Screening' and waiting... - let's gather here!

UppersquareMedia

Jul 27, 2023
Hi
That happened to me it was in progress, them not applicable and now again in progress, and they request background check form again but since I was 18 years old not only from the last 10 years as usual. So, do you have any idea how long will take to have final decision?
To be honest with you, nobody can accurately predict when you will get the FD. With IRCC, each case is unique and treated on their own merit. Even a trend analysis may not help much as the word "normal" does not exist with IRCC. I will rather suggest you order your GCMS and CBSA notes at this point. CBSA notes will give you information regarding your Security that will otherwise be redacted in the GCMS notes. Good luck.

relyzarr

Jun 28, 2024
Visa Office......
Winnipeg
To be honest with you, nobody can accurately predict when you will get the FD. With IRCC, each case is unique and treated on their own merit. Even a trend analysis may not help much as the word "normal" does not exist with IRCC. I will rather suggest you order your GCMS and CBSA notes at this point. CBSA notes will give you information regarding your Security that will otherwise be redacted in the GCMS notes. Good luck.
Thank you for your answer. I already order my GCMS and CBSS notes.

rous0ng

Feb 26, 2021
Thanks for your reply.

When you got your IRCC notes, if it is A34 comprehensive, please update in here. We are waiting for completion of A34 comprehensive. Your information will be helpful for us.
We are on the same boat, do you order the CSIS note?

relyzarr

Jun 28, 2024
Visa Office......
Winnipeg
Hi
I think we ( husband principal applicant) are in SS, so I requested GCMS and CBSA notes.
We applied on Feb 2023, AOR and ADR (BCG form again) on March 2023 , Background was in progress and then was showing not apply . More ADRs (Jul 2023, Feb 2024, March 2023) and last one Jul 2024 Background is showing again as in progress… requesting BCG form since we were 18 years old not for the last 10 Years as usual, also travel history and family history again. Anybody have same experience? Any idea was going on?

Saba91

Star Member
May 16, 2024
Hi
I think we ( husband principal applicant) are in SS, so I requested GCMS and CBSA notes.
We applied on Feb 2023, AOR and ADR (BCG form again) on March 2023 , Background was in progress and then was showing not apply . More ADRs (Jul 2023, Feb 2024, March 2023) and last one Jul 2024 Background is showing again as in progress… requesting BCG form since we were 18 years old not for the last 10 Years as usual, also travel history and family history again. Anybody have same experience? Any idea was going on?
Any govt job, military job, very frequent travels, ? what type of education and country?

Saba91

Star Member
May 16, 2024
He did mandatory military service and was one of the ADR and he is from Brazil and now we live in the USA
Then dont worry. It is normal to be in SS if there is a military background. As I have gone through hundreds of security threads on this forum, it seems they will take some time - a month to a year - before giving a clearance. It is good to be in SS knowing why you are there than not knowing at all. Wish you luck. You will need patience here.

relyzarr

Jun 28, 2024
Visa Office......
Winnipeg
Then dont worry. It is normal to be in SS if there is a military background. As I have gone through hundreds of security threads on this forum, it seems they will take some time - a month to a year - before giving a clearance. It is good to be in SS knowing why you are there than not knowing at all. Wish you luck. You will need patience here.
Thank you!

LauRCist

May 30, 2023

I have seen other people's notes saying: In Progress by CBSA, why does mine say Received by CBSA?
Is there a difference between the two?

Aug 20, 2024
Hello! I submitted my spousal visa application on June 1st, 2023, and it's still being processed.

In the meantime, I applied for a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) to visit my wife on August 8, 2023. However, it has been nearly a year, and my visa is still stuck in the background verification stage. Every time we inquire with the embassy or through our MP, we're told it’s under security assessment. The Visa Office handling it is in Vienna.

Has anyone else experienced this? We're really struggling mentally and emotionally as we expected the TRV process to be completed within a month and now we are just lost and dunno how long is this gonna take.

relyzarr

Jun 28, 2024
Visa Office......
Winnipeg
my security in process date is may 2023

and got update on gckey background change not applicable from we are processing...... on 23rd july 2024
what is this mean ? I have called ircc they said security still in progress
Did they request any documents when this happened?
Because for me they ask for background form (since I was 18, not only 10 years ago) family and travel history forms