+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS shows 'Security Screening' and waiting... - let's gather here!

arbu45

Star Member
Oct 1, 2019
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10-01-2020
@legalfalcon I ordered CBSA notes 3 months ago. They asked for 180 days extension. Is it normal or is there something to be worried about. I am under comprehensive security screening for 4 years. Case file was sent to CSIS in July 2020

• Wow
Reactions: LauRCist

jmdbsa

Star Member
Nov 22, 2022
@legalfalcon I ordered CBSA notes 3 months ago. They asked for 180 days extension. Is it normal or is there something to be worried about. I am under comprehensive security screening for 4 years. Case file was sent to CSIS in July 2020
That implies in the cbsa note needs to remove some information under privacy act for example. It is neither positive nor negative indicator, but rather a indicator by saying your case is complex.

katezhu

Star Member
Mar 7, 2023
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hi All,

Anyone who has been in security screening since October 2023 received have their security completed or their Final decision yet? Please signify and give the rest of us hope and mental strength to continue in this tortuous journey. Many thanks
Do you know any cases before Oct 2023 (for example Sep 2023 or Aug 2023) that have security completed or final decision?

UppersquareMedia

Jul 27, 2023
Do you know any cases before Oct 2023 (for example Sep 2023 or Aug 2023) that have security completed or final decision?
Well, less than a handful of people. From this thread, I know a May 2023 that was cleared in March 2024, a June 8, that was cleared on May 1, 2024; an August 30th that was cleared on June 25th, 2024. Not to mention an October 23rd that was cleared early(first week) of this month of July after filing a writ of Mandamus.

From another WhatsApp group I belong to I know of a September that was cleared (FD) in June 25, 2024 and finally an October that got a Final decision on July 15, 2024.

In all, compared to the number of applicants in waiting, these (successful cases above) are just too few and far between hence my earlier post. I really do hope that IRCC and their agencies (cbsa/csis) can do far far better even though we all know that IRCC and its agencies cannot be hurried neither can they be queried. I wish all of us good luck.

katezhu

Star Member
Mar 7, 2023
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Well, less than a handful of people. From this thread, I know a May 2023 that was cleared in March 2024, a June 8, that was cleared on May 1, 2024; an August 30th that was cleared on June 25th, 2024. Not to mention an October 23rd that was cleared early(first week) of this month of July after filing a writ of Mandamus.

From another WhatsApp group I belong to I know of a September that was cleared (FD) in June 25, 2024 and finally an October that got a Final decision on July 15, 2024.

In all, compared to the number of applicants in waiting, these (successful cases above) are just too few and far between hence my earlier post. I really do hope that IRCC and their agencies (cbsa/csis) can do far far better even though we all know that IRCC and its agencies cannot be hurried neither can they be queried. I wish all of us good luck.
Thank you very much for your information.

My parents' security screening started from Dec 2023 based on IRCC notes.

If we all do not make sounds to let IRCC know it is really frustrating to wait for security screening, especially for very old parents, the situation will not change. I cannot imagine what kind of threat vey old parents will bring to Canada just because of conscripts more than 50 years ago. It is ridiculous!

UppersquareMedia

Jul 27, 2023

If we all do not make sounds to let IRCC know it is really frustrating to wait for security screening, especially for very old parents, the situation will not change. I cannot imagine what kind of threat vey old parents will bring to Canada just because of conscripts more than 50 years ago. It is ridiculous!
You have said it all. It's beyond ridiculous, it's a shame. Somebody tell me why on earth security screening for whatever reason and in whatever guise should last beyond 3 to 6months max. I can never understand.

VascoDeGama

Jun 30, 2024

I think it has more to do with Canada's internal politics. Our applications are least important to them. They're focused on giving visit visas and work permits. Their government has gone cuckoo. People are very anti-Trudeau now as his government's policies have ruined Canada's economy by bringing in cheap unskilled labor and they're still not stopping.

SeanSong91

Apr 25, 2021
I applied under CEC (inland) AOR is October 20, 2023

Comprehensive Security Screening since February 2024.

Today I saw a ghost update in GCKey.

CSIS ATIP reply indicates that they are not done yet as of July 26, 2024, so not sure the GU means.

arman2008

Aug 2, 2013
my security in process date is may 2023

and got update on gckey background change not applicable from we are processing...... on 23rd july 2024
what is this mean ? I have called ircc they said security still in progress

katezhu

Star Member
Mar 7, 2023
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Got CSIC notes today, but only one page saying below:

Based on infor contained in your request, please be advised that the personal infor bank listed below was searched on your behalf with following results:
Security assessments/advice: CSIS PPU 005-the security screening case is still in progress, The infor has been exempted from disclosure by virtue of one or more of sections 21... ... ...
policy...
complaint...

That's all.

I saw there are many pages and information in other people's CSIS notes. Are our CSIS notes normal? Please clarify if you have any inputs. Thanks!

UppersquareMedia

Jul 27, 2023
my security in process date is may 2023

and got update on gckey background change not applicable from we are processing...... on 23rd july 2024
what is this mean ? I have called ircc they said security still in progress
Considering your security in process date is May 2023, one might infer that you are nearing the end of the processing of your application. Ordinarily, the BGC will change twice. First when your criminality is in progress, which is fairly early in the application, and then will go back to not applicable. It will then again change to in progress, after eligibility has been passed and when security screening is in progress. This is usually at the end of the application processing.

If your application BGC has seen a change twice, then your application is nearing an end.

umbro

Star Member
Oct 9, 2018
Got CSIC notes today, but only one page saying below:

Based on infor contained in your request, please be advised that the personal infor bank listed below was searched on your behalf with following results:
Security assessments/advice: CSIS PPU 005-the security screening case is still in progress, The infor has been exempted from disclosure by virtue of one or more of sections 21... ... ...
policy...
complaint...

That's all.

I saw there are many pages and information in other people's CSIS notes. Are our CSIS notes normal? Please clarify if you have any inputs. Thanks!
Yes, this is normal answer, I also get one/two-page file.

Reactions: katezhu