+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS shows 'Security Screening' and waiting... - let's gather here!

TTBR

Star Member
Dec 15, 2022
I follow Chinese, Indian, Iranian, Russian forums/group chats for security screening subjects. I would be surprised if more than 8% is processed in less than 110 days. It is my 430th day in security screening.
Wow, a lot of sources of info! And what is your feeling about average screening duration now?

UppersquareMedia

Jul 27, 2023
This is old info, do not trust it.
Hi @umbro ,

I understand that only inland applicants can request/order CBSA or CSIS notes, as a Canadian address is required to complete the process. I noticed from your timeline that you are "OUTLAND" but have successfully ordered CBSA/CSIS notes in the past. Could you kindly let me know how to go about ordering my notes as an outland applicant? Is there a way around this? I have been waiting since October 27, 2023 for my security screening without any word from IRCC and would like to know more from the notes. Many thanks

battylife

Star Member
Apr 16, 2023
Wow, a lot of sources of info! And what is your feeling about average screening duration now?
For the average applicant without a very problematic background (e.g. military experience), security screening was expected to take 9-12 months in early 2023, 12-14 months in late 2023, and 15-18 months right now. There is no sign IRCC/CBSA/CSIS is doing anything to address this trend.

VascoDeGama

Jun 30, 2024
For the average applicant without a very problematic background (e.g. military experience), security screening was expected to take 9-12 months in early 2023, 12-14 months in late 2023, and 15-18 months right now. There is no sign IRCC/CBSA/CSIS is doing anything to address this trend.
This is outrageous. This is a long waste of time.

LauRCist

May 30, 2023
Hi everyone
Stuck in security for 13 months. CBSA notes show Comprehensive Security (34). No military or government employment history.
How can I find out the reason for being sent for security? I see some people saying they were sent for security for having a name matching with sb else or this and that. Is there a way to find this out? Notes dont show much apart from my security was received by CBSA 13 months ago and the last updated date was the same day it was received by cbsa.
So I received my CSIS notes today with a letter stating
We have enclosed the Details page and the Case Conclusion / Recommendation page of your Security Screening
Request Number (SSRN) report, which provides the status of your security check as completed.
Please be advised that the Service has now completed processing your request and our recommendation was issued to
CBSA
Anyone else cleared with CSIS and waiting for CBSA?
How long does CBSA take after they receive the report from CSIS?

UppersquareMedia

Jul 27, 2023
So I received my CSIS notes today with a letter stating

Anyone else cleared with CSIS and waiting for CBSA?
How long does CBSA take after they receive the report from CSIS?
I will suggest you call IRCC and talk to an agent. For all you know by now CBSA may have reverted back to IRCC with your recommendation but a less than diligent VO may be slow to update your file.

See below a thread shared by someone else in 2019 on this forum to understand the process better:

YoYo81 said:
Just for sharing, I received CSIS note today and I found that they received CBSA request for security screening on 26 June and their recommendation was sent to CBSA on 20 October. From this now I understand how my security check process and timeline :
1) Security check start (initiated) : 20 March 2019
2) VO Agent write in the note that application send for CSS on 27 May 2019
3) Security screening start and process by CBSA on 26 June 2019
4) CSIS received request from CBSA for security screening on 26 June 2019
5) CSIS complete the security screening and sent their recommendation to CBSA on 20 October 2019
6) On 24 October I called IRCC and kind agent told me that IRCC received from CBSA before two days so I guess CBSA send their recommendation to IRCC on 22 October 2019 ( I’m still waiting for CBSA note to be sure)
7 ) I received re-medical check request on 20 November 2019 ( I guess my security check was done on 19 or 20 November )

From this timeline my security took 8 months to complete but my comprehensive security screening was only 3 months and 25 days . As you can see most time was because of VO so I believe VO behavior is matter

umbro

Star Member
Oct 9, 2018
Hi @umbro ,

I understand that only inland applicants can request/order CBSA or CSIS notes, as a Canadian address is required to complete the process. I noticed from your timeline that you are "OUTLAND" but have successfully ordered CBSA/CSIS notes in the past. Could you kindly let me know how to go about ordering my notes as an outland applicant? Is there a way around this? I have been waiting since October 27, 2023 for my security screening without any word from IRCC and would like to know more from the notes. Many thanks
You can order for free via this link:
https://atip-aiprp.tbs-sct.gc.ca both CSIS and CBSA notes.

Reactions: UppersquareMedia

Saba91

Star Member
May 16, 2024
I will suggest you call IRCC and talk to an agent. For all you know by now CBSA may have reverted back to IRCC with your recommendation but a less than diligent VO may be slow to update your file.

See below a thread shared by someone else in 2019 on this forum to understand the process better:

YoYo81 said:
Just for sharing, I received CSIS note today and I found that they received CBSA request for security screening on 26 June and their recommendation was sent to CBSA on 20 October. From this now I understand how my security check process and timeline :
1) Security check start (initiated) : 20 March 2019
2) VO Agent write in the note that application send for CSS on 27 May 2019
3) Security screening start and process by CBSA on 26 June 2019
4) CSIS received request from CBSA for security screening on 26 June 2019
5) CSIS complete the security screening and sent their recommendation to CBSA on 20 October 2019
6) On 24 October I called IRCC and kind agent told me that IRCC received from CBSA before two days so I guess CBSA send their recommendation to IRCC on 22 October 2019 ( I’m still waiting for CBSA note to be sure)
7 ) I received re-medical check request on 20 November 2019 ( I guess my security check was done on 19 or 20 November )

From this timeline my security took 8 months to complete but my comprehensive security screening was only 3 months and 25 days . As you can see most time was because of VO so I believe VO behavior is matter
Wishing you all the best.

So, it is the VO choice whether to send an application for CSS ? Or the system automatically selects? or who decides?

Regards

battylife

Star Member
Apr 16, 2023
Officially security isn't over for me

And IRCC always waits until the last day allowed by the court to respond to my legal moves, and does not respond at all for anything it can get away with

I'm not surprised if this remedical request is caused by some Microsoft glitch :)

• Wow
Reactions: Lord_Tony