+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS shows 'Security Screening' and waiting... - let's gather here!

Sunshine17577

Jul 20, 2024
Officially security isn't over for me

And IRCC always waits until the last day allowed by the court to respond to my legal moves, and does not respond at all for anything it can get away with

I'm not surprised if this remedical request is caused by some Microsoft glitch :)
Can you share contact details of your Lawyer? I am also waiting for security screening for almost 10 months.

prospective102

Star Member
Feb 12, 2023
Update: IRCC asked me to renew my medicals today
Is this re-medical you received a good sign that security is completed? Or did IRCC just decide that you need to redo your expired medicals even though you're still stuck in security? So you will still be stuck in security indefinitely with new medicals?

UppersquareMedia

Jul 27, 2023
Officially security isn't over for me

And IRCC always waits until the last day allowed by the court to respond to my legal moves, and does not respond at all for anything it can get away with

I'm not surprised if this remedical request is caused by some Microsoft glitch :)
No, it is highly doubtful it is a result of some glitch, rather I think it is a strong indication your security has been concluded after your second stage Mandamus was filed. Most likely a final decision/portal 1 will be made upon completing your re-medical. Refer to Kingra92's post #2,677 on page 179 of this thread. He got his Portal 1 upon filing the second stage of Mandamus. I sent him a private mail and he further confirmed it to me. Therefore, go on and complete your re-medical and congratulations in advance. Cheers

prospective102

Star Member
Feb 12, 2023
No, it is highly doubtful it is a result of some glitch, rather I think it is a strong indication your security has been concluded after your second stage Mandamus was filed. Most likely a final decision/portal 1 will be made upon completing your re-medical. Refer to Kingra92's post #2,677 on page 179 of this thread. He got his Portal 1 upon filing the second stage of Mandamus. I sent him a private mail and he further confirmed it to me. Therefore, go on and complete your re-medical and congratulations in advance. Cheers
Hi, when applicants receive re-medical request is it a good sign indicating security is completed? Or IRCC just decide that you need to redo your expired medicals even though you're still stuck in security? So you will still be stuck in security indefinitely with new medicals?

Would appreciate if you could shed some light on this if you have any information?

Summer2022

Jul 30, 2022
I also felt it’s a strong indication of pre-portal 1. My medical recently expired, as inland applicant, it’s passed again recently on portal. However, my SS is still in progress. I read another applicant who recently received remedical request also started to have final decision appeared.

Summer2022

Jul 30, 2022
Just received CSIS notes, shows SS still in progress, after 10 months of processing and 38 months of waiting since submission.

However, the GCMS notes received recently shows previously redacted part. Actually the last two GCMS notes from IRCC received in June and July gradually reveal the previously redacted parts. With the latest one, I get to know what might possibly triggered VO to send my file for SS. There’s a gap in my employment history, which I previously briefly mentioned I did traveling and attending sick family member, without further elaboration.

I wonder with this, should I send a letter to explain to VO with more details about this employment gap? What do I need to include in the letter? Do I need to send a CV as well? ADR last year didn’t ask a copy of CV though. Any suggestions, if anyone experienced the similar? Thank you.

prospective102

Star Member
Feb 12, 2023
Just received CSIS notes, shows SS still in progress, after 10 months of processing and 38 months of waiting since submission.

However, the GCMS notes received recently shows previously redacted part. Actually the last two GCMS notes from IRCC received in June and July gradually reveal the previously redacted parts. With the latest one, I get to know what might possibly triggered VO to send my file for SS. There’s a gap in my employment history, which I previously briefly mentioned I did traveling and attending sick family member, without further elaboration.

I wonder with this, should I send a letter to explain to VO with more details about this employment gap? What do I need to include in the letter? Do I need to send a CV as well? ADR last year didn’t ask a copy of CV though. Any suggestions, if anyone experienced the similar? Thank you.
Hi, in your IRCC GCMS notes where does it state the reason for VO to send your file for SS? Perhaps it could help me find something in my IRCC notes as well.

Summer2022

Jul 30, 2022
Hi, the previously redacted part only showed in the most recent notes I received. They’re however redacted in previous notes arrived earlier this year.

Like I said, I’m not sure if it indicates part of SS was done, or it’s a pure omission from analyst. I wonder if other people have experienced the similar. Hope this helps.

UppersquareMedia

Jul 27, 2023
Hi, when applicants receive re-medical request is it a good sign indicating security is completed? Or IRCC just decide that you need to redo your expired medicals even though you're still stuck in security? So you will still be stuck in security indefinitely with new medicals?

Would appreciate if you could shed some light on this if you have any information?
Anecdotal evidence suggests that a re-medical request is a very strong indication of the completion of background check. So yes, more often than not a re-medical request is a good omen.

UppersquareMedia

Jul 27, 2023
I also felt it’s a strong indication of pre-portal 1. My medical recently expired, as inland applicant, it’s passed again recently on portal. However, my SS is still in progress. I read another applicant who recently received remedical request also started to have final decision appeared.
When an expired medical is passed or extended by IRCC it may not necessarily indicate the completion of background check (including SS), rather it is in line with the IRCC's temporary public policy for immigration medical exams (IMEs) which is in place until October 6, 2024.

According to this policy, you may be exempt from completing another IME if you meet all of these conditions:

• You applied, or are applying, for either permanent residence or temporary residence.
  • You already live in Canada.
  • You completed your previous IME in the last 5 years.
  • Your previous IME indicated a low risk or no risk to public health or public safety.

Reactions: MarkSpenser

MarkSpenser

Star Member
Mar 23, 2023
When an expired medical is passed or extended by IRCC it may not necessarily indicate the completion of background check (including SS), rather it is in line with the IRCC's temporary public policy for immigration medical exams (IMEs) which is in place until October 6, 2024.

According to this policy, you may be exempt from completing another IME if you meet all of these conditions:

• You applied, or are applying, for either permanent residence or temporary residence.
  • You already live in Canada.
  • You completed your previous IME in the last 5 years.
  • Your previous IME indicated a low risk or no risk to public health or public safety.
The assessment of medical exams is handled by a specialized department where the medical results are sent. This department evaluates whether the person passes or not. The same process occurs when the medical exam expires; the results of the old exam are sent to this department for evaluation, and they decide if an extension is possible. If an extension is granted, it typically arrives within a month and does not affect the SS (Security Screening) process. If a remedical is needed, the case is put on hold until the SS is completed, and only then is a request for a remedical sent out. This is why it is said that a remedical after a prolonged SS is like a mini-PPR (Passport Request). For me, a month after my medical expired, it was extended for another year (FSW-O).