+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

Emil1

Aug 18, 2019
Very few trades folks in the pool. A lot of STEM folks in comparison. Also, these people have been waiting for FST from years now.
Not the same actually.... this category based draws only have 10 NOCs, and they only need 6 months of experience....

FST on the other hand have more nocs and you need to have 2 years of work experience to qualify.

More STEM candidates should mean more number of ITAs right ? Given that they want to target more number of STEM category members. Or am I missing something? Happy for the trades ppl who got their ITAs after waiting for so long. Some of us also have been waiting for a long time BTW with high scores.
I still have the feel that most of the invitations will go to STEM... I just do not understand why are they holding back or when are they going to happen.

Reactions: Shravan_Kumar

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
More STEM candidates should mean more number of ITAs right ? Given that they want to target more number of STEM category members. Or am I missing something? Happy for the trades ppl who got their ITAs after waiting for so long. Some of us also have been waiting for a long time BTW with high scores.
STEM is going to get their ITAs for sure. I'm not debating that. The timing may not be immediate, but they'll issue STEM ITAs.

Trades is important. Arguably, such a necessary profession being evaluated on the same scale as a Management executive (all program specified CRS) was bad. My point is that, it is good that they were issued ITAs. They were neglected in this system.

I don't get your point about high scores and waiting. So many here have waited for as long as 4 years for their ITAs and we've landed ITAs at 510+ scores. I guess the closer you are to your ITA, the more anxiety it generates.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Even trades gets 1500 and a score of 388 but STEM candidates just can’t get a break ffs !
This is the first trades draw in three years, if I'm not mistaken. Trades have had it much rougher than other categories over the last few years, especially given how in demand these occupations are. STEM professional have had plenty of opportunities through the regular no program specified draws. Of course there are a lot of STEM in the pool and you're ultimately competing against each other.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Not the same actually.... this category based draws only have 10 NOCs, and they only need 6 months of experience....

FST on the other hand have more nocs and you need to have 2 years of work experience to qualify.
Fair point.

I still have the feel that most of the invitations will go to STEM... I just do not understand why are they holding back or when are they going to happen.
They are going to issue 200k ITAs each year, can't issue them all at once. IRCC probably won't have the best program management in place for it, but whatever they have, would be dictating the queue of ITAs and draws. Who knows what they consider(e.g. minimum quality threshold of the pool) in these rollouts. No one knows why they issued 7k ITAs back to back early this year(3 times!) and then kept on taking breaks.

Shravan_Kumar

Sep 21, 2020
STEM is going to get their ITAs for sure. I'm not debating that. The timing may not be immediate, but they'll issue STEM ITAs.

Trades is important. Arguably, such a necessary profession being evaluated on the same scale as a Management executive (all program specified CRS) was bad. My point is that, it is good that they were issued ITAs. They were neglected in this system.

I don't get your point about high scores and waiting. So many here have waited for as long as 4 years for their ITAs and we've landed ITAs at 510+ scores. I guess the closer you are to your ITA, the more anxiety it generates.
I completely understand the need for Trades profession and the fact that they are rated on the same scale as other professions might not be an even field. These kind of draws make absolute sense.

My issue is with the fact that IRCC and everyone around keeps harping about how important STEM categories are to Canada and yet when it comes to draws and even PNP the bar set is so highly that people who are over a certain age cannot even get in no matter how qualified you are.

I know the ITAs will come for STEM, but the question is at what rate? At a rate of say 1000 per month ? Even if that happens the scores are going to be really high - refer to the OINP tech draws that have even lesser NOC codes. Therein lies my frustration.

A French speaking guy could get an ITA at 375 because IRCC decided to hand out over 6k invites within a month but a STEM category person with a CRS lower than 480 still has to wait anxiously!

Shravan_Kumar

Sep 21, 2020
This is the first trades draw in three years, if I'm not mistaken. Trades have had it much rougher than other categories over the last few years, especially given how in demand these occupations are. STEM professional have had plenty of opportunities through the regular no program specified draws. Of course there are a lot of STEM in the pool and you're ultimately competing against each other.
How no program specified draws are opportunities for STEM? It literally says no program specified.

Again the logic I am trying to justify is -
High Demand for STEM = Bigger Draw for STEM

If other categories do get big draws such as French speaking, then STEM as well should be having one no?

ImpatientDragon

Feb 23, 2022
How no program specified draws are opportunities for STEM? It literally says no program specified.

Again the logic I am trying to justify is -
High Demand for STEM = Bigger Draw for STEM

If other categories do get big draws such as French speaking, then STEM as well should be having one no?
Study about Bill 96, You will understand why.

Mo0987

Sep 15, 2021
eIMM 5669 is for submitting a sponsorship application or refugee protection in Canada.
Look at the request letter from IRCC to you, it should state which one is for you.
In my case, mine is just IMM 5669.

Hi, I've been asked to resubmit IMM5669 (Schedule A) again and I came across these 2 forms, they both have the same content but the one titled 2022 is more user friendly (can add rows). Would it make a difference? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

imransyed

Feb 26, 2020
Category........
FSW
Guys who are waiting for invites, maybe try to relax.
This is what Marc Miller said today:

"I don’t see a world in which we lower it, the need is too great,” said Miller, who’s expected to announce new targets on Nov. 1.
“Whether we revise them upwards or not is something that I have to look at. But certainly I don’t think we’re in any position of wanting to lower them by any stretch of the imagination.”

Majority of the political class on both sides are landlords. I believe majority of the voters are landlords/boomers too, so it should be good at least for a few more years.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Guys who are waiting for invites, maybe try to relax.
This is what Marc Miller said today:

"I don’t see a world in which we lower it, the need is too great,” said Miller, who’s expected to announce new targets on Nov. 1.
“Whether we revise them upwards or not is something that I have to look at. But certainly I don’t think we’re in any position of wanting to lower them by any stretch of the imagination.”

Majority of the political class on both sides are landlords. I believe majority of the voters are landlords/boomers too, so it should be good at least for a few more years.
Good find! Would help folks if you also list a source here ;)