+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

D

Deleted member 994371

IRCC works in mysterious ways. Some say they want to switch to NOC specific draws.. lord knows!
PNP is NOC specific so maybe they're using PNP-only draws as an informal early shift to global NOC draws.
Truth is that IRCC will be hard pressed to stop PNP draws. It simply cann't. PNPs are based on provincial agreements with federal government. They are harder to stop.
don't know then, maybe IRCC realized Canada doesn't need 150K engineers every year to drive Uber lol.

I sure hope we can all get our ITAs before the new NOC system kicks in! I personally can't wait to be fulfill my Canadian dream!

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Glass door also says avg salary for a data engineer is 90k. Even TCS which gifts its employees stolen earbuds from air India flights for Christmas pays 130k.
If you look on Glassdoor, 130K is shown as upper limit for TCS and given they're a multinational it's not surprising. Not everyone will get hired at those type of companies

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
One of my ex colleagues who is from the northern part of India well represented here, making 90k as a software QA tester drives uber after hours. It's in their genes.
What is so fundamentally wrong with driving uber? It just creates an additional stream of income. Tomorrow, if the entire IT industry goes tits up due to disruptive innovation like ChatGPT, he will have another source of income. I have always admired Punjabi's enterprising ways in finding ways to earn money. A Punjabi man will do a white collared job and also earn money with his other skills like driving taxi. His wife will use her skills in kitchen to run a home-based business in supplying tiffins. It makes their homes financially very resilient. In this way, they are closer to Americans.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
If only IT wasn't dominated by a certain race, you too could have chosen IT as a career.
"Race"??????????
Seriously?
Is there a racial barrier in choosing career in IT?

Really, what are you implying here?

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
I just thought QA testers were guys that couldn't cut it as Software Developers
Its a company dependent thing.

In Microsoft, they hired SDEs and SDETs with same interview rounds. They pay (or rather atleast in 2000s/early 2010s the did, I have no idea what they do now) SDET (software development engineer in test) equal to a SDE. SDETs wrote equal amount of code as SDEs. The kLoCs of src and test directories in most of the projects I worked on were very similar. Test Specs, Test Design Docs were similar in complexity to Functional Specs and Design Docs. Their subject matter was different, however. SDETs used to worry about test coverage, SDEs with functional spec coverage.

Some of my friends tell that in other parts of industry, similarities end.

Reactions: wonderbly

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Automation testers make a whole lot more too. Sometimes they have "QA" in their titles as well.
Its a company dependent thing.

In Microsoft, they hired SDEs and SDETs with same interview rounds. They pay (or rather atleast in 2000s/early 2010s the did, I have no idea what they do now) SDET (software development engineer in test) equal to a SDE. SDETs wrote equal amount of code as SDEs. The kLoCs of src and test directories in most of the projects I worked on were very similar. Test Specs, Test Design Docs were similar in complexity to Functional Specs and Design Docs. Their subject matter was different, however. SDETs used to worry about test coverage, SDEs with functional spec coverage.

Some of my friends tell that in other parts of industry, similarities end.
True. I was hired as a Software Developer but I mostly do RPA development now. I write much less code than I am used to, but I still need my programming/software engineering expertise a great deal though somewhat differently than as a vanilla programmer.

Last edited:

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Well i received a letter asking to scan it and download it in my EE record. I tried to print it from Canada.ca bit it never worked. So i found the document on internet (they said on it type or write dinstinctly in capital letters).
so i filled it, scanned it and downloaded it in my EE profile. I had no link on my ADR to fill it.
You mean you uploaded it to your CIC application portal? If the newer version of the form says you can write it in, then I guess you are fine. As far as I remember that particular form doesn't need electronic validation prior to submission.

Reactions: dankboi