+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

anawaraj

Star Member
May 21, 2014
kathmandu
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2014
Doc's Request.
sent while applying
Nomination.....
02-10-2014
AOR Received.
Not recieved, straight PER
IELTS Request
submitted with docs
File Transfer...
21st nov 2014.
Med's Request
24th nov 2014
Med's Done....
14th dec 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28th feb 2015
VISA ISSUED...
26th March 2015
kollins said:
You are good to apply for either 2172 or 2173 NOC provided your job descriptions are matching the one you choose.
Regarding your years of experience,you will get the maximum points in the two jobs provided you can provide reference letters for each of them in the specified format of the document checklist.
There is theory that says it takes longer time for the evaluation of Msc than Bsc so i will suggest you evaluate your Msc degree to get 23points if possible.
You are good to apply for 2172 NOC if you can start the process immediately.
Cheers!
Thanks for your prompt response kollins..
Here is more elaborated case:
IELTS : speaking : 6; writing : 7.5; reading 7 & listening : 8.5 => 22 points valid till dec 2014.
experience : 5+ years in software company (duties matching NOC 2172 even though title as sr. software engg) and 1+ in education (NOC 4011) lecturing to students of bachelors. Kollins confirmed that i will get max points in experience . so 15 points.
Education : 21 points (4 yrs bachelors completed in 2004 docs sent to WES for ECA - masters completed in 2008 docs not sent to WES for ECA- )
Total points (assuming 6+ yrs of exp's point => 70 even in case i donot get 6 yrs point in experience , i will get 13 from exp which will still be totalling to 68.
I have a masters degree from india and bachelors in computer engineering(4 yrs) from nepal.
Since i have sufficient points from bachelors itself, I sent the bundle to WES in their desired format for accrediation with bachelors itself. I donot have any intensions of hiding my masters but i was worried that if i accrediate with masters it will add some 7 days delay which migh fillup caps. Hence am planning to have my master's degree and transcript attested from notary and sending with application once i get ECA of bachelors (I donot expect points for my masters and neither need 2 extra points). Since kollins have confirmed that i will get max points from my experience (5+ in IT industry (Noc 2172)and 1+ in lecturing (noc 4011).
But the only question is will CIC treat as a case of fraud if i only have my bachelor's accrediate and not accrediate my masters ?
I have all other documents readied - need to fillup the application forms.
I have visa of USA in passport, do i need to send those pages to nova scotia as well inclulding pages for arival and departures?
I have already returned from USA 2 yrs back. I stayed there for 2 months in official work.
Do i need to maintain the bank balance or just the bank certificate with specified amount is all right?
Also i have a child of 2.5 yrs, can i use term citizen for him in his status in this country nepal when filling one of the forms ?
Also do i have to submit now itself police clearance certificate from india for my 2 yrs stay while studying there ? I have it from nepal but not from india- can i apply without pcc from india?

Thanks seniors hope to expect some answers to the questions above.

xXCiscoGuyXx

Mar 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-23-2014
Nomination.....
09-16-2014
AOR Received.
10-12-2014
Med's Request
10-30-2014
Med's Done....
10-31-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
01-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-09-2015
LANDED..........
[color=red][b]✓[/b][/color]
mehul1313 said:
Thank for the quick response.. Can I show bank balance certificate again when they ask for settlement funds? or do they specifically mention to have bank statement for stipulated duration??

To be specific, VO is NDVO and I am applying as single.
At that point they will be asking for 6 months bank statement

JZPASSI

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2015
Doc's Request.
08-07-2015
Nomination.....
29-09-2015
AOR Received.
22-11-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
23-11-2015
Interview........
NR
Passport Req..
13-02-2017
navneetsibal said:
Yes, the above mentioned documents are required in original.
1st one ..only copy is required

viveksharma

Feb 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2014
Doc's Request.
PCC sent with Medicals
Nomination.....
01-10-2014
AOR Received.
Not Received
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Guess mid Jun-2016
Med's Request
18-11-2014
Med's Done....
24-11-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
Request to those who got PCC from Bangalore, India - Can you please share the process of getting the PCC from PSK. The address in Passport is different from my current residence. I am residing at the current residence for last 6 months.

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
anawaraj said:
Thanks for your prompt response kollins..
Here is more elaborated case:
IELTS : speaking : 6; writing : 7.5; reading 7 & listening : 8.5 => 22 points valid till dec 2014.
experience : 5+ years in software company (duties matching NOC 2172 even though title as sr. software engg) and 1+ in education (NOC 4011) lecturing to students of bachelors. Kollins confirmed that i will get max points in experience . so 15 points.
Education : 21 points (4 yrs bachelors completed in 2004 docs sent to WES for ECA - masters completed in 2008 docs not sent to WES for ECA- )
Total points (assuming 6+ yrs of exp's point => 70 even in case i donot get 6 yrs point in experience , i will get 13 from exp which will still be totalling to 68.
I have a masters degree from india and bachelors in computer engineering(4 yrs) from nepal.
Since i have sufficient points from bachelors itself, I sent the bundle to WES in their desired format for accrediation with bachelors itself. I donot have any intensions of hiding my masters but i was worried that if i accrediate with masters it will add some 7 days delay which migh fillup caps. Hence am planning to have my master's degree and transcript attested from notary and sending with application once i get ECA of bachelors (I donot expect points for my masters and neither need 2 extra points). Since kollins have confirmed that i will get max points from my experience (5+ in IT industry (Noc 2172)and 1+ in lecturing (noc 4011).
But the only question is will CIC treat as a case of fraud if i only have my bachelor's accrediate and not accrediate my masters ?
I have all other documents readied - need to fillup the application forms.
I have visa of USA in passport, do i need to send those pages to nova scotia as well inclulding pages for arival and departures?
I have already returned from USA 2 yrs back. I stayed there for 2 months in official work.
Do i need to maintain the bank balance or just the bank certificate with specified amount is all right?
Also i have a child of 2.5 yrs, can i use term citizen for him in his status in this country nepal when filling one of the forms ?

Thanks seniors hope to expect some answers to the questions above.
YOUR EVALUATION IS ON POINT.
For you to get maximum points for your years of experience....please make sure you have your reference letters from the two employers in the specified format on the document checklist.
I may be wrong....but I have confidence that 7 days delay will not make you miss the cap...trust me,you will be in the cap.
You must understand that CIC will not treat it as fraud even if you not evaluate your Msc...they will only evaluate your education qualification based on the ECA you have submitted.
Attesting or notarizing your Msc without doing the ECA for it is of no use to CIC as they will only cobsider the proof of education that you submit in relation to you original ECA....in your case,Msc ECA isnt available so your notarization is needless.
For your passport,you only to submit the biodata pages of your passport...pages that have infos about the expiry,date of birth,citizen....you dont need to submit pages of histories of your flight.
For your proof of fund,you need to include photocopy of either your statement of accounts or bank certificate for funds relating to your family size.....Whichever one is ok for you...no penalty.
I'm sure your child have an international passport (you are to include the biodata page for her/her) in which states her/his citizenship......use her/his current citizenship status to fill the generic form.
If her/his passport says he/she's NEPAL by citizen....fill it in....if its US citizen,fill it in.The same applies to you and/or any other dependants that may be accompanying you.
Let us know if you need more clarifications.

Cheers!

viveksharma

Feb 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2014
Doc's Request.
PCC sent with Medicals
Nomination.....
01-10-2014
AOR Received.
Not Received
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Guess mid Jun-2016
Med's Request
18-11-2014
Med's Done....
24-11-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
Indian Applicants:
I don't think we can use PPF for Proof of Fund. The Proof of Fund is for showing CIC that we would have enough fund when we land in Canada so that during the initial days when we are searching for jobs etc. we do not face any financial crunch. Please note that PPF has lock-in period of 15 years ( partial withdrawal possible only after 5 years).

sriramkb

Apr 6, 2014
Toronto,Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC, Missisagua
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-05-2014
Nomination.....
PER: 12-09-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with File
Med's Request
03-11-2014
Med's Done....
06-11-2014
Passport Req..
12-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2014
LANDED..........
23-07-2015
viveksharma said:
Request to those who got PCC from Bangalore, India - Can you please share the process of getting the PCC from PSK. The address in Passport is different from my current residence. I am residing at the current residence for last 6 months.
Hi, I got my PCC from Bangalore. There are two options:
1. Apply online and go to PSK when you get the slot. This is a very long process as to get the appointment itself is taking 2 months or more.
2. Go directly to the Commissioner's Office at Infantry Road near Shivaji Nagar, collect a form and pay the required fee at any of the Bangalore One Centers. Now take the fee receipt and 3 photographs and go to the Commissioner office again. You will get a text message with the Tracking Id and once you get this, go to your Police Station with the required documents. Once everything is done, you will get a text message again from the Commisioner's office. You can then go and collect your PCC.

I did it via #2 and got it within 9 days. You can contact me or PM me if you need further assistance.

capr13

Apr 23, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,

need Help in deciding the NOC please vote,suggests , reason etc etc

His roles, responsibilities and duties at the position are as follows:

• Conduct feasibility study/technical assessment, high level design of the requirement to determine the implementation bottlenecks of information systems. Work on POCs to assist in designing the best solution, architecture, Interact with Business Analysts, Architects and Project Managers.

• Define/Assist Plan and Manage Strategies, Framework and Project plan, Walkthrough on project and product enhancements with Change, Portfolio Management, Development, Deployment teams and users/other-key-stakeholders of information systems.

• Manage, Track and coordinate all aspects of the Project from inception till closure including Planning, budgeting, scheduling, Business Analysis, Design, Development, Test, Build/Configuration Management and Release/Change Management activities from inception till Closure of information system.

• Involve in requirement Defining, Documenting, Clarification of information systems and Interacting with the Business Analysts, GPOs and stakeholders. Conducting User Interviews to develop functional documents like Use Cases, Wireframes, logical, physical specifications and process assessment as per business needs.

• Plan, Design, Write, Integrate, Functional/Unit Test, Modify, Maintain, Automate and Re-use of software code/scripts, data, process and network models for Applications, systems, programs or packages using workflow chart, scientific analysis, logical operation, symbolic logic and mathematical models to meet user requirements.

• Define/Assist, Evaluate, Synthesize and communicate Objectives, Scope, Issues, existing Systems/Applications, technical problems, processes and organizational impact of information systems to determine effectiveness and suggest Solutions /Changes to meet organizational requirements.

• Develop Code/script, test software/application/product using disciplined software development processes. Implement team/company standards, software best practice guidelines, corporate policies and procedures throughout the software development life cycle to maximize the efficiency, effectiveness and overall quality of software products/information systems.

• Implementing and improve QMS (quality management system) and process framework (Quality Manual, Policies, Procedures, Templates, Checklists, Guidelines etc.) as per changing business needs of information systems. Identifying risk, come up with mitigation plan, communicates the same, and develop and escalation process.

• Provide timely status Update/Reports for areas of individual responsibilities, Work breakdown, Effort estimation for Change or Project or Program or Migration/Upgrade tasks within projects to supervisor.

• Create/Assist, Review and Maintain all revisions of Technical or Design or Functional documentation/ Manuals/End to End process/User Training material and installation instructions to ensure supportability.

• Collaborate, Supervise, Mentor/Train, Assign, Co-ordinate, in development, installation, integration and operation of computer-based systems. Also review work and activities for the work of programmers/subordinates and Own deliverables and schedules to stay on top of them and deliver on schedule.

• Evaluate current or emerging technologies to consider factors such as cost, portability, compatibility, or usability along with short/long terms solutions, risk assessments, recommendations to business leadership.

• Coordinating with the HR team for planning and implementing the People processes in the team with respect to the following:
- Manpower Planning, Recruitment & Selection, Induction, Probation and Confirmation
- Employee Engagement activities, Compensation & Incentives Management
- Training and Development,-Succession Planning, Exit Management

Any questions with regard to any of the above may be directed to the writer.
Yours sincerely,

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
viveksharma said:
Indian Applicants:
I don't think we can use PPF for Proof of Fund. The Proof of Fund is for showing CIC that we would have enough fund when we land in Canada so that during the initial days when we are searching for jobs etc. we do not face any financial crunch. Please note that PPF has lock-in period of 15 years ( partial withdrawal possible only after 5 years).
Good info.....I get confused when PPF issues are raised as i don't know if the cash is unencumbered....Seems to me as a voluntary pension in my country.
Cheers!

cvabugs

Star Member
May 21, 2014
HI Seniors ,

i have seen in the CIC website that " You must have at least one year of continuous full-time", i issue is i worked for 6 months and then there is a gap of 3 months, after which i joined another company and currently working with them for more than 8 months . and this gap is because , i got married and i have to move with my husband to London. will CIC consider this? as an valid experience. the word continuous full-time, is confusing me? any suggestions please.

xXCiscoGuyXx

Mar 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-23-2014
Nomination.....
09-16-2014
AOR Received.
10-12-2014
Med's Request
10-30-2014
Med's Done....
10-31-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
01-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-09-2015
LANDED..........
sriramkb said:
Hi, I got my PCC from Bangalore. There are two options:
1. Apply online and go to PSK when you get the slot. This is a very long process as to get the appointment itself is taking 2 months or more.
2. Go directly to the Commissioner's Office at Infantry Road near Shivaji Nagar, collect a form and pay the required fee at any of the Bangalore One Centers. Now take the fee receipt and 3 photographs and go to the Commissioner office again. You will get a text message with the Tracking Id and once you get this, go to your Police Station with the required documents. Once everything is done, you will get a text message again from the Commisioner's office. You can then go and collect your PCC.

I did it via #2 and got it within 9 days. You can contact me or PM me if you need further assistance.
Thank you for helping out a fellow forum member. +1 added

xXCiscoGuyXx

Mar 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-23-2014
Nomination.....
09-16-2014
AOR Received.
10-12-2014
Med's Request
10-30-2014
Med's Done....
10-31-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
01-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-09-2015
LANDED..........
cvabugs said:
HI Seniors ,

i have seen in the CIC website that " You must have at least one year of continuous full-time", i issue is i worked for 6 months and then there is a gap of 3 months, after which i joined another company and currently working with them for more than 8 months . and this gap is because , i got married and i have to move with my husband to London. will CIC consider this? as an valid experience. the word continuous full-time, is confusing me? any suggestions please.
To my understanding, you won't qualify. I believe it's 12 months continuous work experience in the same job or at least same fields. Raise the question again to seniors if you don't get another answer soon

sriramkb

Apr 6, 2014
Toronto,Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC, Missisagua
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-05-2014
Nomination.....
PER: 12-09-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with File
Med's Request
03-11-2014
Med's Done....
06-11-2014
Passport Req..
12-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2014
LANDED..........
23-07-2015
xXCiscoGuyXx said:
Thank you for helping out a fellow forum member. +1 added
Thanks for the +1 :)

capr13

Apr 23, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have shared the duties cause its been few days i am working on them and may be i missing the minute things like spellings, grammar etc so its like an review exercise and also to get suggestion to conclude on NOC so i would request everybody to comment on the same.

Thanks in advance.
His roles, responsibilities and duties at the position of Team Lead QA are as follows:

• Conduct feasibility study/technical assessment, high level design of the requirement to determine the implementation bottlenecks of information systems. Work on POCs to assist in designing the best solution, architecture, Interact with Business Analysts, Architects and Project Managers.

• Define/Assist Plan and Manage Strategies, Framework and Project plan, Walkthrough on project and product enhancements with Change, Portfolio Management, Development, Deployment teams and users/other-key-stakeholders.

• Manage, Track and coordinate all aspects of the Project from inception till closure including Planning, budgeting, scheduling, Business Analysis, Design, Development, Test, Build/Configuration Management and Release/Change Management activities from inception till Closure.

• Involve in requirement Defining, Documenting, Clarification and Interacting with the Business Analysts, GPOs and stakeholders. Conducting User Interviews to develop functional documents like Use Cases, Wireframes, logical, physical specifications and process assessment as per business needs.

• Plan, Design, Write, Integrate, Functional/Unit Test, Modify, Maintain, Automate and Re-use of software code/scripts, data, process and network models for Applications, information systems, programs using workflow chart, scientific analysis, logical operation, symbolic logic and mathematical models to meet user requirements.

• Define/Assist, Evaluate, Synthesize and Communicate Objectives, Scope, Issues, existing information Systems/Applications, Technical problems, Processes and organizational impact of information systems to determine effectiveness and suggest Solutions /Changes to meet organizational requirements.

• Develop Code/script, Test software/application/product using disciplined software development processes. Implement team/company standards, software best practice guidelines, corporate policies and procedures throughout the software development life cycle to maximize the efficiency, effectiveness and overall quality of software products/information systems.

• Implementing and improve QMS (quality management system) and process framework (Quality Manual, Policies, Procedures, Templates, Checklists, Guidelines etc.) as per changing business needs of information systems.

• Provide timely status Update/Reports for areas of individual responsibilities, Work breakdown, Effort estimation for Change or Project or Program or Migration/Upgrade tasks within projects to supervisor.

• Create/Assist, Review and Maintain all revisions of information systems Technical or Design or Functional documentation/ Manuals/End to End process/User Training material and installation instructions to ensure supportability.

• Collaborate, Supervise, Mentor/Train, Assign, Co-ordinate, in development, installation, integration and operation of information systems. Also review work and activities for the work of programmers/subordinates and Own deliverables and schedules to stay on top of them and deliver on schedule.

• Evaluate current or emerging technologies to consider factors such as cost, portability, compatibility, or usability along with short/long terms solutions, risk assessments, recommendations to business leadership.

• Coordinating with the HR team for planning and implementing the People processes in the team with respect to the following:
- Manpower Planning, Recruitment & Selection, Induction, Probation and Confirmation
- Employee Engagement activities, Compensation & Incentives Management
- Training and Development,-Succession Planning, Exit Management

Any questions with regard to any of the above may be directed to the writer.
Yours sincerely,

Status
Not open for further replies.