+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

anawaraj

Star Member
May 21, 2014
kathmandu
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2014
Doc's Request.
sent while applying
Nomination.....
02-10-2014
AOR Received.
Not recieved, straight PER
IELTS Request
submitted with docs
File Transfer...
21st nov 2014.
Med's Request
24th nov 2014
Med's Done....
14th dec 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28th feb 2015
VISA ISSUED...
26th March 2015
kollins said:
YOUR EVALUATION IS ON POINT.
For you to get maximum points for your years of experience....please make sure you have your reference letters from the two employers in the specified format on the document checklist.
I may be wrong....but I have confidence that 7 days delay will not make you miss the cap...trust me,you will be in the cap.
You must understand that CIC will not treat it as fraud even if you not evaluate your Msc...they will only evaluate your education qualification based on the ECA you have submitted.
Attesting or notarizing your Msc without doing the ECA for it is of no use to CIC as they will only cobsider the proof of education that you submit in relation to you original ECA....in your case,Msc ECA isnt available so your notarization is needless.
For your passport,you only to submit the biodata pages of your passport...pages that have infos about the expiry,date of birth,citizen....you dont need to submit pages of histories of your flight.
For your proof of fund,you need to include photocopy of either your statement of accounts or bank certificate for funds relating to your family size.....Whichever one is ok for you...no penalty.
I'm sure your child have an international passport (you are to include the biodata page for her/her) in which states her/his citizenship......use her/his current citizenship status to fill the generic form.
If her/his passport says he/she's NEPAL by citizen....fill it in....if its US citizen,fill it in.The same applies to you and/or any other dependants that may be accompanying you.
Let us know if you need more clarifications.

Cheers!
Thanks kollins once again

I am currently in employment itself so when i show my experience detail for latest employment can i leave my TO (YYYY-MM) empty or have to specify 2014-05 ?
Also do i have to fillup my education details with masters of technology in computer science and engineering- i have masters but accrediating with bachelors only ?
Also my Month part is not specified in my bachelor's transcript - do i leave my month as blank and specify years for FROM and To Sections or should i specify guessing when I started studies and ended it ?
IS attaching a piece of paper with name , dob and photo taken date printed at the back of photos allowed - it will provide clarity. OR do we need to write the same details with ink?
Also i have applied to quebec for quebec skilled worker and obtained the case no. but no further news.
When filling the generic app form do i have to answer q. no 7 ? i donot have certificate. can i ignore it ?
Do i have to specify my intended lading destination as quebec since i have previously signed that i will settle in quebec while applying to quebec.

inspectorbharat

Jul 26, 2013
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
viveksharma said:
Indian Applicants:
I don't think we can use PPF for Proof of Fund. The Proof of Fund is for showing CIC that we would have enough fund when we land in Canada so that during the initial days when we are searching for jobs etc. we do not face any financial crunch. Please note that PPF has lock-in period of 15 years ( partial withdrawal possible only after 5 years).
Hi...well if you are applying for PR, then its obvious that you would want to settle in Canada, as such you will leave your current job in India. Once you leave, you can get your end of service benefits including PF, which can be used as settlement funds...what say..

neel-here

Champion Member
May 12, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Okk.. sorry for that. I think its a mistake on their part. Like I mentioned, don't rely on their templates .. focus on your requirement (CIC) and draft/ edit your format before printing. The notary made his money by issuing you his Affidavit , later on if CIC has objection you can't hold him responsible for that !

capr13 said:
Hey Neel,

I just mentioned India cause i was replying to a query who i think does not belong to india and i expressed my experience that's all and i am not saying that this is the process and also i am not trying to hide any mistake at all.

I went to court and i asked the people there they asked for bond paper and they printed on the same with the information that they generally use to prepare the birth certificate affidavit and when i checked it does not contain mother name.

I sent the same last time to CIC.
I asked opinion in the forum whether it is fine or it should contain name of father as well as mother.

So don't assume without understanding the context why i used India and comment that others are not doing any hard work.

anawaraj

Star Member
May 21, 2014
kathmandu
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2014
Doc's Request.
sent while applying
Nomination.....
02-10-2014
AOR Received.
Not recieved, straight PER
IELTS Request
submitted with docs
File Transfer...
21st nov 2014.
Med's Request
24th nov 2014
Med's Done....
14th dec 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28th feb 2015
VISA ISSUED...
26th March 2015
anawaraj said:
Thanks kollins once again

I am currently in employment itself so when i show my experience detail for latest employment can i leave my TO (YYYY-MM) empty or have to specify 2014-05 ?
Also do i have to fillup my education details with masters of technology in computer science and engineering- i have masters but accrediating with bachelors only ?
Also my Month part is not specified in my bachelor's transcript - do i leave my month as blank and specify years for FROM and To Sections or should i specify guessing when I started studies and ended it ?
IS attaching a piece of paper with name , dob and photo taken date printed at the back of photos allowed - it will provide clarity. OR do we need to write the same details with ink?
Also i have previously applied to quebec some mths back and just recieve the case no. _ I haven't recieved the certificate itself ?
Do i have to specify the date when i applied for quebec (answer q.no. 7 in one of the forms?) or can i leave answer to qno. 7 blank. Do i need to choose my intended destination to Quebec since at that time i have signed to setle in quebec when applying for quebec.

inspectorbharat

Jul 26, 2013
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
reet10 said:
Hi Seniors,

Other than what university is sending to the WES, what all documents are required to be sent from applicant to WES. Only one set of marksheet/degree photocopies(or more than this). Do I need to get these attested or notarized or sign by myself. shall we send character certificate/migration certificate along as well??
Also, I have added surname to my name few months back, but my degree doesn't have surname details. So in this case what else is to be sent to WES by me and my university.

Regards
Check WES guide for country wise procedure, its very simple for Indian Universities, you just need to go to your Uni and ask them Registrar to attest the degree plus marksheet in a sealed envelope along with a copy which you can courier/post to WES
Regarding surname, is your surname added in passport? if not then go as per passport this would ease your process I think....

issteven

Jan 2, 2014
Hi ,

I have an question about fee payment with money order. I live in U.S., can USPS issue CAD dollar money orders? if not, can I use a USD $550 money order? i saw in the instruction:
---------------------------------------
Payment issue: Overpayment

CIO will:

start reviewing your application, and
send you a refund as soon as possible.
Note: You do not have to request a refund, it will be done automatically.

Since $550 USD is more than $550 CAD, will CIO refund me in this case? I just want to make sure they won't return my case...

Thanks.

atharabbas

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
Dubai, UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-06-2014
AOR Received.
PER 8 Oct 2014
File Transfer...
PCC 24 Nov 2014
Med's Request
5 Jan 2015
Med's Done....
3 Feb 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
5 Feb 2015
VISA ISSUED...
3 Mar 2015
LANDED..........
Oct 2015
Hi,

Main duties of NOC 2171
The following is a summary of the main duties for some occupations in this unit group:

Point A: Information systems business analysts and consultants confer with clients to identify and document requirements, conduct business and technical studies, design, develop, integrate and implement information systems business solutions, and provide advice on information systems strategy, policy, management, security and service delivery.

Point B: Systems security analysts confer with clients to identify and document requirements, assess physical and technical security risks to data, software and hardware, and develop policies, procedures and contingency plans to minimize the effects of security breaches.

Point C: Information systems quality assurance analysts develop and implement policies and procedures throughout the software development life cycle to maximize the efficiency, effectiveness and overall quality of software products and information systems.

Point D: Systems auditors conduct independent third-party reviews to assess quality assurance practices, software products and information systems.

My NOC = 2171
My Job Role/Responsibilities closely matches with Point A
My Job Title = Quality Assurance Lead - indicating towards point C ... also 2171 sample titles are having "QA Analyst" not "QA Lead"

Will this misleading Job Title make any issue for me OR am I fine to proceed with 2171 as it at least matches ONE OF MAIN duties regardless of misleading job title?

Thanks

reet10

Star Member
Apr 25, 2014
inspectorbharat said:
Check WES guide for country wise procedure, its very simple for Indian Universities, you just need to go to your Uni and ask them Registrar to attest the degree plus marksheet in a sealed envelope along with a copy which you can courier/post to WES
Regarding surname, is your surname added in passport? if not then go as per passport this would ease your process I think....
Hi Ashif,

Surname is there in the passport, so if I send photocopy of passport along and photocopy of the newspaper ad regarding same, would it work, or I have to include any cover letter stating same.

inspectorbharat

Jul 26, 2013
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
issteven said:
Hi ,

I have an question about fee payment with money order. I live in U.S., can USPS issue CAD dollar money orders? if not, can I use a USD $550 money order? i saw in the instruction:

CIO will:

Since $550 USD is more than $550 CAD, will CIO refund me in this case? I just want to make sure they won't return my case...

Thanks.
My understanding is, they would return incase your application is returned.
It would be good if you send a DD in CAD instead of USD

lsuman

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
Kathmandu
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09 May 2014
Nomination.....
15 Aug 2014 PER
IELTS Request
submitted
Med's Request
08 MAY 2015
Med's Done....
15 May 2015
Passport Req..
29 May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
29 May 2015
LANDED..........
15 Sept 2015
issteven said:
Hi ,

CIO will:

Thanks.
You should send fund strictly in CAD, other wise ur app might get refused.
Good luck.

neel-here

Champion Member
May 12, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@cvabugs

I don't think CIC will consider it. You have two options :

a). wait for another 4 months so you complete your anniversary in the current job and then apply to CIC.....PROVIDED you're Not from a HOT NOC and willing to take chance.

b). Have your hubby check his job duties with 50 Eligible Occupations in the List and apply with him as PA.. if he's worked for atleast 1 yr in any one of those NOC.

More inputs from others welcome .

cvabugs said:
HI Seniors ,

i have seen in the CIC website that " You must have at least one year of continuous full-time", i issue is i worked for 6 months and then there is a gap of 3 months, after which i joined another company and currently working with them for more than 8 months . and this gap is because , i got married and i have to move with my husband to London. will CIC consider this? as an valid experience. the word continuous full-time, is confusing me? any suggestions please.

rajaram

Star Member
Jul 31, 2013
Delhi, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-May-2014
Nomination.....
PER on 3-Jun-2014
AOR Received.
Never
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
Never
Med's Request
18-Sep-2014
Med's Done....
27-Sep-2014 for me and kids, 5 Jan 2015 for my wife
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-Feb-2015
VISA ISSUED...
2-Mar-2015
LANDED..........
14-May-2015
any idea if CIC CIO works 8am to 5 pm or 9-6?

jsb85

Star Member
May 22, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everyone,

I have some confusion related to what documents needs to send to WES for the credential evaulation of my 4 year engineering degree. I already have the below mentioned documents :-

1) Attested copy of my degree certificate from the college registrar.
2) Attested copy of the single transcipt from the college registrar (containing information about all the 8 semesters courses which i have taken with grades). The transcript also contain the commulative CGPA which i got after fininshing all 8 semsters with the converted percentage for example i got CGPA of 5.9/10 which is equivalent to 66 %.

My concern is for point 2 above. Will the above mentioned single transcript will be accepted or do i still have to send all the individual 8 semesters marksheets to WES for evaluation.

Seniors, please help me. I need to send the documents to WES ASAP as i have already quite late.

TIA

atharabbas

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
Dubai, UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-06-2014
AOR Received.
PER 8 Oct 2014
File Transfer...
PCC 24 Nov 2014
Med's Request
5 Jan 2015
Med's Done....
3 Feb 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
5 Feb 2015
VISA ISSUED...
3 Mar 2015
LANDED..........
Oct 2015
Aashif, Kollins, Century, any other expert please have a look and suggest

atharabbas said:
Hi,

Main duties of NOC 2171
The following is a summary of the main duties for some occupations in this unit group:

Point A: Information systems business analysts and consultants confer with clients to identify and document requirements, conduct business and technical studies, design, develop, integrate and implement information systems business solutions, and provide advice on information systems strategy, policy, management, security and service delivery.

Point B: Systems security analysts confer with clients to identify and document requirements, assess physical and technical security risks to data, software and hardware, and develop policies, procedures and contingency plans to minimize the effects of security breaches.

Point C: Information systems quality assurance analysts develop and implement policies and procedures throughout the software development life cycle to maximize the efficiency, effectiveness and overall quality of software products and information systems.

Point D: Systems auditors conduct independent third-party reviews to assess quality assurance practices, software products and information systems.

My NOC = 2171
My Job Role/Responsibilities closely matches with Point A
My Job Title = Quality Assurance Lead - indicating towards point C ... also 2171 sample titles are having "QA Analyst" not "QA Lead"

Will this misleading Job Title make any issue for me OR am I fine to proceed with 2171 as it at least matches ONE OF MAIN duties regardless of misleading job title?

Thanks

Achiever 99

Sep 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/5/14
My Macbook pro was in service for a day and just realised there are 52 pages added in the forum... :eek: :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.