+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Himalayan Tiger said:
Today I inquired about the DD in Bank and they confirmed that the DD was encashed but they didn't provided the date of encashment !! Anyway...I am Happy for the encashment of my DD and eagerly waiting for PER !! I am 9th may applicant of NOC 2133 . :-* :-*
congrats!

visa_4all

Jul 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pandu123 said:
You can reach any Thomas Cook office.
1) First call Thomas Cook and check what is the INR amount on that day for CAD. (forex rate when I took DD is 1 CAD = 57.3 INR)
2) Second you have to make a DD from any bank (you should have account in this bank otherwise banks wont provide you DD if the amount exceeds 50K INR) for "Thomas Cook India LTD" and payable at Hyderabad
3) Get a photocopy of your passport and CIC Payment Form and go to Thomas Cook branch along with the DD taken in INR
4) Thomas Cook will give you DD (with 6 months validity) with CAD in just 15 min

But Thomas cook is issuing DD for Bank of America (not Canadian bank).

Shah2014 in the previous post mentioned that it is risky to take DD from International bank which has branch in Canada.

--

Re: FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.
« Reply #49145 on: August 04, 2014, 04:02:36 am »
Reply with quoteQuote
Addendum to our previous assumption of DD being safe

There are 2 types of International DD (Needless to say that DD should have 6 month validity)

1. DD drawn on one of Canada's Local Bank [SAFEST OPTION]
2. DD drawn on one of Canadian branch of International Bank [better than CC, but still NOT SAFEST]

ONLY DD # 1 (just like Biwi # 1) is SAFE i.e. DD drawn on one of Canada's Local Bank. Make sure you get a DD DD drawn on one of Canada's Local Bank. If your local bank/agent offer's DD drawn on one of Canadian branch of International Bank DONT TAKE IT. SAY NO TO SUCH DD's to remain healthy and TENSION FREE!

The issue with DD # 2 is that International Bank may decide to close their Nostro in Canada and decide to cancel ur DD if its not encashed within 2-3 months.

P.S: Lot of text is repetitive to emphasis the matter.

sdy

Jul 22, 2014
Quote from: istagram on August 04, 2014, 10:06:07 am
In my opinion ur application will be return u can asap send new application with all required document as mentioned in document checklist

Dear senior members, need your attention: are we allowed to submit a new application before previous application is returned. I read somewhere we cannot submit multiple applications with same NOC

Urgent help/advice required. Any previous cases similar to my situation

Copy of original birth certificate of spouse missing in application sent on 3rd July 2014

nskatcv

Champion Member
May 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 11 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 16 2015
Passport Req..
Jul 03 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jul 08 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 09 2016
sdy said:
I forgot to attach copy of original birth certificate of my spouse. Only notarised copy attached.
Sdy:

The document checklist clearly states that copies of birth certificates need to be submitted. Have you not read the checklist ?

It also says that all originals become property of CIC, so do not send originals unless you are asked to (like IELTS, ECA and PCC).

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5612E.pdf

So, relax.

Regards

Suhas

Star Member
Jul 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
Nomination.....
VO: BWJ
AOR Received.
11-11-2014 (PER)
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
Not yet
Med's Request
July 07, 2015
Med's Done....
Aug 05, 2015
Interview........
Passport Submitted: Sep 08, 2015
Passport Req..
Sep 03, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 03, 2015
LANDED..........
Passports received back: Sep 14, 2015
Just two more queries from experienced members:

For proof of funds, i arranged bank certificates / certificates from investment management compnies on their letter head and sent these certificates with my application. i didnt find anywhere in guidelines that we need to maintain the same balance till the time the application get accepted by CIC. i do possess/own all required funds but routinely i withdraw amounts to manage my financial needs as some of these bank accounts are current/saving accout type.

I read some where in the forums that to prove this in future, you need to show the last six months bank statements. Is this trure, because i didnt find this information anywhere in guidelines and i have withdrawn amounts from these bank accounts. Am i in trouble??? i can easily arrange these funds back in my same bank accounts.

Further how i can update my application status on shared excel file and can some body tell me the link of that file?

keerthim430

Star Member
May 7, 2014
Good evening guys,

I have a query regarding Fee Payment. Can I use my brothers Cerdit card or I have to pay it with my own Credit card ?

Please guide me on this.

Regards,

Keerthi.

istagram

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2014
Nomination.....
27 Nov 2014
IELTS Request
06-08-2014
sdy said:
Quote from: istagram on August 04, 2014, 10:06:07 am
In my opinion ur application will be return u can asap send new application with all required document as mentioned in document checklist

Dear senior members, need your attention: are we allowed to submit a new application before previous application is returned. I read somewhere we cannot submit multiple applications with same NOC

Urgent help/advice required. Any previous cases similar to my situation

Copy of original birth certificate of spouse missing in application sent on 3rd July 2014
if u have send copy of birth certificate of your spouse either notarised or nor doesnt matter if it is in english else u r in trouble brother

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
duke_cliff said:
Hi everyone.

My application was received on 5.7 and was charged on 6.12 but not PER yet.

Lately a lot of applicants received on 5.7 got their PER who have later fee charged date like 6.16/6.17.

I just want to know is that normal to receive PER later than other applicants with later fee charged date even with the same NOC?

Is there any possibility that the email from CIO is lost somehow?
PERs may not be coming in the exact same order as fee charging, but it seems to be roughly chronological.

Did you add the address to your safe sender's list and address book? Have you checked your spam box? Etc.

It may not have arrived yet. Don't worry.

duke_cliff

May 5, 2014
shakti123 said:
My app was also received on 5.7 and was charged on 6.12, but did not receive PER yet.
I dont think it's some thing to worry, PER issual need not be on the order of charged date.
Thanks Shakti. That's a big comfort to me. So let's wait for our PER together, hopefully within this week. ;D

nskatcv

Champion Member
May 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 11 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 16 2015
Passport Req..
Jul 03 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jul 08 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 09 2016
Suhas said:
Just two more queries from experienced members:

For proof of funds, i arranged bank certificates / certificates from investment management compnies on their letter head and sent these certificates with my application. i didnt find anywhere in guidelines that we need to maintain the same balance till the time the application get accepted by CIC. i do possess/own all required funds but routinely i withdraw amounts to manage my financial needs as some of these bank accounts are current/saving accout type.

I read some where in the forums that to prove this in future, you need to show the last six months bank statements. Is this trure, because i didnt find this information anywhere in guidelines and i have withdrawn amounts from these bank accounts. Am i in trouble??? i can easily arrange these funds back in my same bank accounts.

Further how i can update my application status on shared excel file and can some body tell me the link of that file?
CIC says that You must show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family after you get to Canada. You cannot borrow this money from another person.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

How can they be sure that you didn't borrow ? Asking for previous month's statements is the only way they can I suppose. That is the reason people here (and elsewhere) ask to maintain the account balance. A little up and down is alright for a savings account, but emptying it and refilling might not be a good idea.

Regards

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LHR-2147 said:
Hi

I just tried calling CIC for an update on my 7th July application. i called the number suggested on this forum - 1 613 944 4000. The lady that answered said to e mail as they don't discuss individual cases. How are other people getting a response? I have neither had my CC charged or application returned. I have seen that a 12 May applicatant had had their application returned. It's already been a very long wait.
7th July? There will be no update on your application as it is sitting unopened in a huge file rack somewhere. There is no point to calling or e-mailing about your application until at least 8, more likely 10 weeks have passed.

Century

VIP Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
09-09-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
04-11-2014
Passport Req..
05-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2014
LANDED..........
08-06-2015
Congratulation brother. It is updated.

But for future update, pls resubmit and save the Edit Response Link-the power is your ;) ;)

deepearl said:
After a Long Wait...

My DD got encashed on 1st August, App received on 12th May, NOC 2174 :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Admin Please update SS,
Thanks

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sdy said:
I forgot to attach copy of birth certificate
Did you attach any of the birth certificate alternatives?

If not I'm sorry to say your application will be returned. You can prepare another now.

It might be possible to send in the copy and add it to the application you already sent in, but it's unlikely. It is a better chance if you have a UCI you can mention when you send it.

Please note that even if the new document is added to the old application, your space in the queue will be moved back to the day the new document was received.

Status
Not open for further replies.