+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
dadabigboy said:
Check the link below for the duties....
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/ProfileQuickSearch.aspx?val=1&val1=1212&val65=*
Below are the contents....let your duties be a mirror image of the ones listed and not a carbon copy of it.

"1212 Supervisors, finance and insurance office workers
Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers in the following unit groups: Accounting and Related Clerks (1431), Payroll Clerks (1432),Banking, Insurance and Other Financial Clerks (1434) and Collectors (1435). They are employed by banks and other financial institutions, insurance companies, and by other establishments throughout the private and public sectors.

Example Titles
• accounting clerks supervisor
• accounting section head
• accounting supervisor
• accounts payable analyst
• accounts payable supervisor
• accounts receivable supervisor
• assessment clerks supervisor
• assistant accountant
• assistant bank accountant
• assistant financial institution accountant – financial services
• bank clerks supervisor
• billing co-ordinator
• billing supervisor
• billing unit head
• bookkeepers and accounting clerks supervisor
• bookkeeping supervisor
• budget supervisor
• cash receipts supervisor
• claims adjusters supervisor
• claims service supervisor
• clerks supervisor – bank or financial institution
• collection clerks supervisor
• collection supervisor
• cost supervisor
• credit and collection supervisor
• credit clerks supervisor
• credit service group leader
• credit supervisor
• customs brokerage clerks supervisor
• financial accounting supervisor
• financial control supervisor
• head, accounting section
• head, billing unit
• merchandise clerks supervisor
• pay and benefits supervisor
• paymaster
• payment processing unit supervisor
• payroll supervisor
• petty cash supervisor
• sales records supervisor
• supervisor of accounting
• supervisor, accounting clerks
• supervisor, assessment clerks
• supervisor, bank clerks
• supervisor, billing
• supervisor, bookkeepers and accounting clerks
• supervisor, claims adjusters
• supervisor, collection clerks
• supervisor, credit clerks
• supervisor, customs brokerage clerks
• supervisor, financial accounting
• supervisor, merchandise clerks
• supervisor, payment processing unit
• supervisor, payroll
• supervisor, payroll clerks
• tabulating supervisor
• tabulation supervisor
• tabulators supervisor
• tollgate supervisor
Main duties

Supervisors in this unit group perform some or all of the following duties:
• Implement efficient working processes and co-ordinate, assign and review the work of clerks engaged in the following duties: administering accounts payable and receivable; processing, verifying and recording financial documents and forms; administering payrolls; processing, verifying and recording insurance claims and forms; and collecting user fees and payments on overdue accounts
• Examine and verify accuracy of work and authorize routine payments, credits and other transactions
• Establish work schedules and procedures and co-ordinate activities with other work units or departments
• Resolve work-related problems and prepare and submit progress and other reports
• Identify training needs and train workers in job duties and company policies
• Requisition supplies and materials
• Ensure smooth operation of computer systems and equipment and arrange for maintenance and repair work
• May perform the same duties as workers supervised."

Cheers.

Thank you kollins

can you further explain to me what you mean by interpret? cso they mentioned clerks in 1212. we call them tellers i think a more mordern name for cashiers.

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
ya... thats true
:) :) :)

Punjab2Canada said:
Hmm there's actual nothing much to interpret, he simply pointed to the table to calculate points for French as second language based on test results/marks.

NCLC LevelAbility: Speaking (expression orale)Ability: Listening (compréhension de l'orale)Ability: Reading (compréhension de l'écrit)Ability: Writing (expression écrite)Points (per ability)
5 and above226 – 371+181 – 298+151 – 248+226 – 371+4

dadabigboy

Feb 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
1212 CC CHARGE DATE 11-11-2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FSWP1 30/07/2014
Doc's Request.
waiting
Nomination.....
waiting
AOR Received.
PER 21-11-2014
IELTS Request
09-03-2013
Med's Request
28/05/2015
Med's Done....
03/06/2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30/06/2015
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting

Thanks again kollins, exactly what i do . except that its called head of operations and not supervisor, but tentaively its a supervisory role and not a managerial.

Shakiratu

Star Member
Apr 22, 2014
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2014
Nomination.....
04-11-2014
Med's Request
18-05-2015
Med's Done....
23-05-2015
Passport Req..
11-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2015
qtasneem said:
Dear All,

I have two Post Secondary degrees. Once is my Bachelors degree from Pakistan and second is my Masters degree from UK. Unfortunately my Bachelors degree is not listed in WES recognized list so i have decided to go for ICAS. The major issue is that I am in Pakistan and ICAS requirement is to send the transcript/ academic record directly to them by an institution. How can i ask my UK university to send these documents to ICAS. Another issue they also want official record request form to filled by applicant and University as well. As i am in Pakistan so it will take lot of time as i will send my Bachelors degree attested from HEC to them and they will wait for application to be completed once they receive document from my UK university.
Hi,

What you need the ECA report for is your Masters Degree since its your highest educational qualification. Just send a copy of your Masters Certificate to WES while your UK university will verify and send your transcripts to WES on your behalf. You can mail them the transcript/academic record request form.

All the best!

jayampw

Star Member
Jun 28, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2014
Nomination.....
PER - 10-11-2014
File Transfer...
12-02-2015
Med's Request
26-02-2015 RPRF paid: 27-02-2015
Med's Done....
05-03-2015
Interview........
Waived. DM - 08-05-2015
Passport Req..
08-06-2015. Submitted in VFS - 10-06-2015
Seniors, please help. Needing some help on these points before I can send my application:

1. In the fees application i am going to put my Indian credit card information, which is a hdfc bank visa enabled credit card. Will it be good for the payment in CAD currency?
2. I have traveled to multiple places on short team business visa and I don't have exact dates of travel. Is it ok if I have the approximate dates or is there a better way to deal with this?
3. I have joint account with my father in which I have most of my funds. My name is second and I am not applying for the PR for him as of now. Will it be accepted proof of funds?
4. My residence address is going to change in another few days. I can put my new address in the form, but it will be different from the one on police verification certificate. (Correspondence address is not an issue as i have given my family members address which will not change). Should I fill my existing address or my new address in the form?
5. My current employer has given a simple letter to me without mentioning my current roles and responsibilities. Is it acceptable? Do I need to explain this matter in a self declaration?
6. My first employer company was taken over by another, and that company is not ready to give any letters now. I have my experience letter. Do I need to explain why I am unable to get the required letter in a self declaration?

Shakiratu

Star Member
Apr 22, 2014
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2014
Nomination.....
04-11-2014
Med's Request
18-05-2015
Med's Done....
23-05-2015
Passport Req..
11-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2015
Hello Seniors,

Three questions please...

1. I have assessed my application and my points add up to 78 points. I also included my spouse's IELTS to gain 5 points. Is it necessary to include my spouse's IELTS original? If I take it out I still have 73 points which is more than enough to pass the 1st and 2nd stage. Is Adaptability an added advantage when your file gets reviewed in the Local Visa Office? Are they more likely to grant you a PR visa if your spouse has taken IELTS showing you both can easily adapt to a new country?

2. I attempted to use my credit card for the payment. But i discovered that each time I fill in my credit card number, the form changes the numbers to another set of numbers. Is this a security feature? Has anyone else experienced this?

3. Please can you confirm the Generic Form? The one I downloaded and filled last week has July 2014 datemark on it. Now on the website the form is there with June 2014. Which should I use now?

Thanks

jpn

Jun 26, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2014 PER................: 12-11-2014
Med's Request
19-01-2015
Passport Req..
25-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-02-2015
LANDED..........
22-08-2015
jayampw said:
Seniors, please help. Needing some help on these points before I can send my application:

1. In the fees application i am going to put my Indian credit card information, which is a hdfc bank visa enabled credit card. Will it be good for the payment in CAD currency?
2. I have traveled to multiple places on short team business visa and I don't have exact dates of travel. Is it ok if I have the approximate dates or is there a better way to deal with this?
3. I have joint account with my father in which I have most of my funds. My name is second and I am not applying for the PR for him as of now. Will it be accepted proof of funds?
4. My residence address is going to change in another few days. I can put my new address in the form, but it will be different from the one on police verification certificate. (Correspondence address is not an issue as i have given my family members address which will not change). Should I fill my existing address or my new address in the form?
5. My current employer has given a simple letter to me without mentioning my current roles and responsibilities. Is it acceptable? Do I need to explain this matter in a self declaration?
6. My first employer company was taken over by another, and that company is not ready to give any letters now. I have my experience letter. Do I need to explain why I am unable to get the required letter in a self declaration?
Hi Guys,
I am on final state of my fsw PR application and need your help on some questions which might sound very basic to you.

1. In the fees application i am going to put my Indian credit card information, which is a hdfc bank visa enabled credit card. Will it be good for the payment in CAD currency? Call customer care of your bank and check your credit limit explaining your requirement. I would suggest go for DD for safer option.
2. I have traveled to mutiple places on 2-3 months business visa and I don't have exact dates of travel. Is it ok if I have the approximate dates or is there a better way to deal with this? I am surprised that you do not know your travel dates, stamps on your passport can indicate this. Otherwise put approx dates.
4. My residence address is going to change in another few days. I can put my new address in the form, but it will be different from the one on police verification certificate. (Correspondence address is not an issue as i have given my family members address which will not change). Should I fill my existing address or my new address in the form? Does not matter, mention the address the one in your PCC as your residence address.
5. My current employer has given a simple letter to me without mentioning my current roles and responsibilities. Is it acceptable? Do I need to explain this matter in a self declaration? Not going to work, roles and responsibilities are must.
6. My first employer company was taken over by another, and that company is not ready to give any letters now. I have my experience letter. Do I need to explain why I am unable to get the required letter in a self declaration? Explain it in covering letter, show some communication with company indicating your efforts to get reference letter. Prepare a self affidavit for roles and responsibilities.

Sorry guys for too many questions. Please help me out.

Thanks in advance.

3. I have joint account with my father in which I have most of my funds. My name is second and I am not applying for the PR for him as of now. Will it be accepted proof of funds? : Settlement fund must be owned 100% by principal applicant, or spouse, or jointly by them.

Also note:
1. If your supervisor/HR don't want to give you experience letter, try to get it someone senior to you within your department;
2. If point 1 fails, try to get it someone from your colleagues of your department; ensure giving full contact details along with the visiting card.
3. If point 2 fails, try to get it someone/two from you colleagues of your company;ensure giving full contact details along with the visiting card.
4. If point 3 fails, then go for self attested/notarized affidavit;
NB: The lower option you choose, the weaker the case become.

For all of the above cases, explain in cover letter, why you are not able to get the experience letter from your supervisor/HR. Also ensure providing appointment letter, promotion letter, increment letter, and pay slips

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
Punjab2Canada said:
Hmm there's actual nothing much to interpret, he simply pointed to the table to calculate points for French as second language based on test results/marks.

NCLC LevelAbility: Speaking (expression orale)Ability: Listening (compréhension de l'orale)Ability: Reading (compréhension de l'écrit)Ability: Writing (expression écrite)Points (per ability)
5 and above226 – 371+181 – 298+151 – 248+226 – 371+4
Quote from: solomonwise on July 02, 2014, 04:18:35 am
Hello,

Can you interpret @ mkshah statement above in relation to the additional 4 points.

Quote from: mkshah on July 02, 2014, 03:55:49 am
Dear Friends..

I checked cic.gc.ca website and I found below information which will be useful to understand points for french
as second official language in FSW 2014 application..

Link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/language-testing.asp

these scores are related to TEF scores

Quote from: akosiempre on July 02, 2014, 03:50:50 am
hi kollins,

actually this is also my understanding at first. because the part where cic says "4 points if you meet the minimum threshold in all four language abilities"

but on the link you provided, it is already clear that the 4 points is for the 2nd language

this is the image on the link you provided.

also on http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/factor-language.asp, the last part says:

Note: You can only get four points in total for basic-level skills in your second official language, and only if you have a score of at least CLB 5 in each of the four language abilities.

mkshah said:
hi,
Canada is having 2 official languages: English & French..
so, an applicant will be given points for language proficiency in any/both of these languages..
Let us understand that this interpretation of "FIRST & SECOND" official language is within the "context" of FSW application only...

here is what I have understood from the content given on http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/language-testing.asp

if you choose English as your first official language, then French will become your second official language... and same holds true for French, if you choose French as your first official language, then English will become your second official language..

hence, you will be given points for your First and Second Official language as per the table given on the cic website...

below 2 tables shows points of French language,
1st table is referred if French is declared as First Official Language
and 2nd table is referred, if French is declared as Second Official Language (ie, English is declared as First Official Language)

this is my opinion about the information given on cic.gc.ca...
it may need correction...
mkshah said:
ya... thats true
:) :) :)

Guys....Let this 4 additional points lie low and don't let us generate unnecessary arguments about this.
Personally,I've not seen an applicant highly persuasive of writing another language just to claim "4" points....
Guess its my mistake in bringing this up as I know its a hotly contested topic since the new regulation for language was released early last year.
Let us aggregate more of our positive efforts in giving out valuable and uncontested information and let us leave CIC with their inconsistent statement.
Buddies and Guys....let it pass......please

Anky

Jan 12, 2014
Could CIO mov further from 7th May or they are still stuck on that day only.. Any news further????

I am 25th June applicant but still getiing anxious to see CIO move faster (so that I can make it within Cap.. ;D)

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
Anky said:
Could CIO mov further from 7th May or they are still stuck on that day only.. Any news further????

I am 25th June applicant but still getiing anxious to see CIO move faster (so that I can make it within Cap.. ;D)
Don't worry...you are gonna make it.
Just relax your nerves and calm down.
Cheers.

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
dadabigboy said:
Thanks again kollins, exactly what i do . except that its called head of operations and not supervisor, but tentaively its a supervisory role and not a managerial.
Dont give special recognition to tittle or designation....what matters is the Job duties.
Cheers.

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
ya...

you are very right bro

Not many people will go through the pain of learning another language.. also time is running fast... and in this race... it will be not beneficial, if you just learn and wait to collect 4 additional points...

may be useful if anyone is shortage of points and he/she has some basic understanding of french... then it is worth time spending to learn second language..

kollins said:
Guys....Let this 4 additional points lie low and don't let us generate unnecessary arguments about this.
Personally,I've not seen an applicant highly persuasive of writing another language just to claim "4" points....
Guess its my mistake in bringing this up as I know its a hotly contested topic since the new regulation for language was released early last year.
Let us aggregate more of our positive efforts in giving out valuable and uncontested information and let us leave CIC with their inconsistent statement.
Buddies and Guys....let it pass......please[/b][/size][/color]

cjg1987

Champion Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
11-11-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
Passport Req..
09-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2015
jayampw said:

1. In the fees application i am going to put my Indian credit card information, which is a hdfc bank visa enabled credit card. Will it be good for the payment in CAD currency? ANS: To avoid all the hassle my suggestion to you is , Pay by demand/bank draft
2. I have traveled to multiple places on short team business visa and I don't have exact dates of travel. Is it ok if I have the approximate dates or is there a better way to deal with this?ANS: You can easily find this out from the exit/entry stamps on your passport
3. I have joint account with my father in which I have most of my funds. My name is second and I am not applying for the PR for him as of now. Will it be accepted proof of funds?ANS: No. It must be your account or your spouse's.
4. My residence address is going to change in another few days. I can put my new address in the form, but it will be different from the one on police verification certificate. (Correspondence address is not an issue as i have given my family members address which will not change). Should I fill my existing address or my new address in the form?ANS: existing address
5. My current employer has given a simple letter to me without mentioning my current roles and responsibilities. Is it acceptable? Do I need to explain this matter in a self declaration?ANS: No. Self declared roles are not acceptable. You can follow the suggestion as some one suggested on a separate post earlier to this one
6. My first employer company was taken over by another, and that company is not ready to give any letters now. I have my experience letter. Do I need to explain why I am unable to get the required letter in a self declaration?ANS: YES

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
mkshah said:
ya...

you are very right bro

Not many people will go through the pain of learning another language.. also time is running fast... and in this race... it will be not beneficial, if you just learn and wait to collect 4 additional points...

may be useful if anyone is shortage of points and he/she has some basic understanding of french... then it is worth time spending to learn second language..
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Dhyanm

Jun 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26th May 2014
AOR Received.
September Mid
Med's Request
November Mid
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28th Feb 2015
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
soon
Hi all

My application was received on 26th May by Dugh, How long would they take to process ? All I see in this forum is that CIC is still stuck with 7th May applicants.

Status
Not open for further replies.