+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
inderMUM said:
Still waiting for anything to here from CIC. My application reached at CIC on 16th May 2014. I applied for FSW in Electrical & Electronic Engineer category. Any update Folks??
A little bit of patience from you is needed.
Just be calm and hope for the best.
Cheers.

jpn

Jun 26, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2014 PER................: 12-11-2014
Med's Request
19-01-2015
Passport Req..
25-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-02-2015
LANDED..........
22-08-2015
varuen said:
That depends on local visa office.
in india based on May you may get visa between January - February 2015. it takes 8 to 9 months for New Delhi VO.
If NDVO can issue Visas in 8-9 month this year, it will be a great achievement for them. Because there will approx. 8000 application from India almost 6 times to last year.

Punjab2Canada

Star Member
Jul 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 5, 2014<br/>Payment Charged....: Sep 23, 2014 (DD)<br/>PER Received....: Oct 1, 2014<br/>Interview........: Jan 8, 2015
Med's Request
Jan 13, 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 17, 2015<br/>Med's Received....: Jan 25, 2015
Passport Req..
March 3, 2015<br/>Passport Sent....: March 5, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 2, 2015<br/>Passport Returned....: March 21, 2015
kollins said:
Not confused......I tried to interpret the scores of the 2nd official language for you as shown in the link.
CIC needs to swap the scores of the 2nd portion of the IELTS and TEF test in other for them to legally interpret them as 2nd official language.
Some of us try to comprehend English in its true representations...no offence to you while some interpret it literally.
I think its fair enough not to drag this as everybody will always feel they are correct in their interpretation.....any applicants that hope on the additional four points in both arguments as an assurance to make 67points does that at their own risk.
Applicants.....stay clear of this "4 points" because its a BLACK BOX.
Cheers.

Cheers.
Well, English in not my main language, & I'm not that good to understand what exactly you meant by "true representations" & "literal representation".

Anyways, swapping both tables would be completely wrong. That page is divided into two sections of "English" & "French" and not "First language" & "Second language". So, unless they re-structure the page completely, adding IELTS "English" language table under "French" section will only create confusion.

Although, yes they can add little bit more text above the second table that this table is only applicable if you are claiming it as a second language (& the other one as first).

dadabigboy

Feb 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
1212 CC CHARGE DATE 11-11-2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FSWP1 30/07/2014
Doc's Request.
waiting
Nomination.....
waiting
AOR Received.
PER 21-11-2014
IELTS Request
09-03-2013
Med's Request
28/05/2015
Med's Done....
03/06/2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30/06/2015
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Hi all

i have a question, i currently work as a head of operations, more like an operations supervisor in a bank. i supervise tellers and customer care representatives, i manage teller careers and work schedule , i also do authorizations and supervise ATM tellers and ATM machine management. i do vault cash management in conjunction with tellers , also i supervise account payable staff, and foreign currency transfer transactions.

my question is i want to apply under the NOC 1212 supervisors, finance and insurance office workers. do you think i fit into this category? suggestions please. thank you

solomonwise

Jun 10, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Punjab2Canada said:
Well, English in not my main language, & I'm not that good to understand what exactly you meant by "true representations" & "literal representation".

Anyways, swapping both tables would be completely wrong. That page is divided into two sections of "English" & "French" and not "First language" & "Second language". So, unless they re-structure the page completely, adding IELTS "English" language table under "French" section will only create confusion.

Although, yes they can add little bit more text above the second table that this table is only applicable if you are claiming it as a second language (& the other one as first).
Hello,

Can you interpret @mkshah statement above in relation to the additional 4 points.

Shakiratu

Star Member
Apr 22, 2014
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2014
Nomination.....
04-11-2014
Med's Request
18-05-2015
Med's Done....
23-05-2015
Passport Req..
11-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2015
Abu Ahmed said:
Hello All,

Today British council refused to give me another original copy from the IELTS, what shall I do?

Shall I write to them a letter asking for a copy and the justifications?

Thank you
Hi Abu Ahmed,

British Council will NEVER give you the original copy of your results again. They will only send to the immigration office once you give them the address. On the British Council Website, fill out the Application Form for the Issue of Additional Test Report Form and send to them. You will also need to pay them the courier charges. See below from the website:

TEST REPORT FORMS FOR INSTITUTIONS

We can also arrange for additional original copies (up to a maximum of five) to be posted to receiving institutions (e.g. universities, immigration officers, etc.) free of charge within 30 days of your test date via ordinary post. If you would like us to do this, please include the relevant addresses when you register, or complete the Application for additional TRFs form and submit to your local British Council office.
For TRFs to be sent outside of the 30 days, you will have to pay for the mailing charges:

My advice: Include in your application a letter explaining to CIC that an additional copy of the original IELTS will be sent to them from British Council as part of your application. Unfortunately, CIC will not start processing your application until they receive the IELTS from British Council.

All the best!

Punjab2Canada

Star Member
Jul 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 5, 2014<br/>Payment Charged....: Sep 23, 2014 (DD)<br/>PER Received....: Oct 1, 2014<br/>Interview........: Jan 8, 2015
Med's Request
Jan 13, 2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
solomonwise said:
Hello,

Can you interpret @ mkshah statement above in relation to the additional 4 points.
I'm sorry but which statement? :-\ There have been a number of posts in between so not sure which post you might be referring to. ;D

solomonwise

Jun 10, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Punjab2Canada said:
I'm sorry but which statement? :-\ There have been a number of posts in between so not sure which post you might be referring to. ;D
This one:

mkshah said:
Dear Friends..

I checked cic.gc.ca website and I found below information which will be useful to understand points for french
as second official language in FSW 2014 application..

Link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/language-testing.asp

these scores are related to TEF scores

qtasneem

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
Rawalpindi
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-10-2014
Doc's Request.
22-04-2016 Sent on 29-04-2016
Nomination.....
15-01-2015
AOR Received.
28-01-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
File Transfer...
28-01-2015
Med's Request
23-03-2016
Med's Done....
31-03-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-12-2016
LANDED..........
24-01-2017
Dear All,

I have two Post Secondary degrees. Once is my Bachelors degree from Pakistan and second is my Masters degree from UK. Unfortunately my Bachelors degree is not listed in WES recognized list so i have decided to go for ICAS. The major issue is that I am in Pakistan and ICAS requirement is to send the transcript/ academic record directly to them by an institution. How can i ask my UK university to send these documents to ICAS. Another issue they also want official record request form to filled by applicant and University as well. As i am in Pakistan so it will take lot of time as i will send my Bachelors degree attested from HEC to them and they will wait for application to be completed once they receive document from my UK university.

GMS

May 31, 2014
India
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Hello dears.. i provided British council a copy of the application form (Generic application form) as a proof of application to canada.. they have confirmed to issue 2 original reports..

Shakiratu said:
Hi Abu Ahmed,

British Council will NEVER give you the original copy of your results again. They will only send to the immigration office once you give them the address. On the British Council Website, fill out the Application Form for the Issue of Additional Test Report Form and send to them. You will also need to pay them the courier charges. See below from the website:

TEST REPORT FORMS FOR INSTITUTIONS

We can also arrange for additional original copies (up to a maximum of five) to be posted to receiving institutions (e.g. universities, immigration officers, etc.) free of charge within 30 days of your test date via ordinary post. If you would like us to do this, please include the relevant addresses when you register, or complete the Application for additional TRFs form and submit to your local British Council office.
For TRFs to be sent outside of the 30 days, you will have to pay for the mailing charges:

My advice: Include in your application a letter explaining to CIC that an additional copy of the original IELTS will be sent to them from British Council as part of your application. Unfortunately, CIC will not start processing your application until they receive the IELTS from British Council.

All the best!

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
dadabigboy said:
Hi all

i have a question, i currently work as a head of operations, more like an operations supervisor in a bank. i supervise tellers and customer care representatives, i manage teller careers and work schedule , i also do authorizations and supervise ATM tellers and ATM machine management. i do vault cash management in conjunction with tellers , also i supervise account payable staff, and foreign currency transfer transactions.

my question is i want to apply under the NOC 1212 supervisors, finance and insurance office workers. do you think i fit into this category? suggestions please. thank you
You need to be able to interpret your roles to fit the roles of NOC 1212.
Once you are able to do this,you are fine.
Cheers.

dadabigboy

Feb 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
1212 CC CHARGE DATE 11-11-2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FSWP1 30/07/2014
Doc's Request.
waiting
Nomination.....
waiting
AOR Received.
PER 21-11-2014
IELTS Request
09-03-2013
Med's Request
28/05/2015
Med's Done....
03/06/2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30/06/2015
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Thank you kollins

can you further explain to me what you mean by interpret? cso they mentioned clerks in 1212. we call them tellers i think a more mordern name for cashiers.

kollins said:
You need to be able to interpret your roles to fit the roles of NOC 1212.
Once you are able to do this,you are fine.
Cheers.

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
GMS said:
Hello dears.. i provided British council a copy of the application form (Generic application form) as a proof of application to canada.. they have confirmed to issue 2 original reports..
It differs on countries of interest.
Some give while does not give.In my country,they hardly give.
Cheers.

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
hi,
Canada is having 2 official languages: English & French..
so, an applicant will be given points for language proficiency in any/both of these languages..
Let us understand that this interpretation of "FIRST & SECOND" official language is within the "context" of FSW application only...

here is what I have understood from the content given on http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/language-testing.asp

if you choose English as your first official language, then French will become your second official language... and same holds true for French, if you choose French as your first official language, then English will become your second official language..

hence, you will be given points for your First and Second Official language as per the table given on the cic website...

below 2 tables shows points of French language,
1st table is referred if French is declared as First Official Language
and 2nd table is referred, if French is declared as Second Official Language (ie, English is declared as First Official Language)

this is my opinion about the information given on cic.gc.ca...
it may need correction...

solomonwise said:
Hello,

Can you interpret @ mkshah statement above in relation to the additional 4 points.
mkshah said:
Dear Friends..

I checked cic.gc.ca website and I found below information which will be useful to understand points for french
as second official language in FSW 2014 application..

Link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/language-testing.asp

these scores are related to TEF scores
akosiempre said:
hi kollins,

actually this is also my understanding at first. because the part where cic says "4 points if you meet the minimum threshold in all four language abilities"

but on the link you provided, it is already clear that the 4 points is for the 2nd language

this is the image on the link you provided.

also on http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/factor-language.asp, the last part says:

Note: You can only get four points in total for basic-level skills in your second official language, and only if you have a score of at least CLB 5 in each of the four language abilities.

Punjab2Canada

Star Member
Jul 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
Jan 13, 2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
solomonwise said:
This one:
Hmm there's actual nothing much to interpret, he simply pointed to the table to calculate points for French as second language based on test results/marks.

NCLC LevelAbility: Speaking (expression orale)Ability: Listening (compréhension de l’orale)Ability: Reading (compréhension de l’écrit)Ability: Writing (expression écrite)Points (per ability)
5 and above226 – 371+181 – 298+151 – 248+226 – 371+4

Status
Not open for further replies.