+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjg1987

Champion Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
11-11-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
Passport Req..
09-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2015
Shakiratu said:
Hello Seniors,

Three questions please...

1. I have assessed my application and my points add up to 78 points. I also included my spouse's IELTS to gain 5 points. Is it necessary to include my spouse's IELTS original? If I take it out I still have 73 points which is more than enough to pass the 1st and 2nd stage. Is Adaptability an added advantage when your file gets reviewed in the Local Visa Office? Are they more likely to grant you a PR visa if your spouse has taken IELTS showing you both can easily adapt to a new country?

2. I attempted to use my credit card for the payment. But i discovered that each time I fill in my credit card number, the form changes the numbers to another set of numbers. Is this a security feature? Has anyone else experienced this?

3. Please can you confirm the Generic Form? The one I downloaded and filled last week has July 2014 datemark on it. Now on the website the form is there with June 2014. Which should I use now?

Thanks
Hi,

1.No advantage. Pass mark is 67. Persons with score of 67 or 100 are equally eligible.

2.It seems weird. Wait for others to confirm

3. Download the latest form now as it appears and check again before mailing the application

Thanks

Punjab2Canada

Star Member
Jul 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 5, 2014<br/>Payment Charged....: Sep 23, 2014 (DD)<br/>PER Received....: Oct 1, 2014<br/>Interview........: Jan 8, 2015
Med's Request
Jan 13, 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 17, 2015<br/>Med's Received....: Jan 25, 2015
Passport Req..
March 3, 2015<br/>Passport Sent....: March 5, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 2, 2015<br/>Passport Returned....: March 21, 2015
kollins said:

Guys....Let this 4 additional points lie low and don't let us generate unnecessary arguments about this.
Personally,I've not seen an applicant highly persuasive of writing another language just to claim "4" points....
Guess its my mistake in bringing this up as I know its a hotly contested topic since the new regulation for language was released early last year.
Let us aggregate more of our positive efforts in giving out valuable and uncontested information and let us leave CIC with their inconsistent statement.
Buddies and Guys....let it pass......please
I agree, unless it's some extreme case (or you already have French test), most of us are not going to bother ourselves for second language points.

I remember there was a user who (was a little short of 67 points) posted something along the lines that if any girl on the forum is in a similar situation like his, then they could enter into a marital contract just to become eligible for immigration. So, in that case if second language can help someone to complete points criteria, I think there is no harm going for it instead of tying knots with any random girl found on immigration forum. ;D ;D ;D

cjg1987

Champion Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
11-11-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
Passport Req..
09-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2015
Dhyanm said:
Hi all

My application was received on 26th May by Dugh, How long would they take to process ? All I see in this forum is that CIC is still stuck with 7th May applicants.
Hi,

As figured out by Expert Forum member Dmitry, based on mathematics CC/DD charging date for 26 MAY applicants is 9/5/2014 and end date for CC/DD charging is 10/07/2014

You can use the above dates for guidance only.

Thanks

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
Punjab2Canada said:
I agree, unless it's some extreme case (or you already have French test), most of us are not going to bother ourselves for second language points.

I remember there was a user who (was a little short of 67 points) posted something along the lines that if any girl on the forum is in a similar situation like his, then they could enter into a marital contract just to become eligible for immigration. So, in that case if second language can help someone to complete points criteria, I think there is no harm going for it instead of tying knots with any random girl found on immigration forum. ;D ;D ;D
mkshah said:
ya...

you are very right bro

Not many people will go through the pain of learning another language.. also time is running fast... and in this race... it will be not beneficial, if you just learn and wait to collect 4 additional points...

may be useful if anyone is shortage of points and he/she has some basic understanding of french... then it is worth time spending to learn second language..
Yes....
Extreme case indeed!
Cheers.

gsingh80

Star Member
May 9, 2014
New Delhi
NOC Code......
vivesehg said:
Shouldn't the PCC be taken from both addresses i.e. permanent and current. For permanent address we can go to PSK and for current address we can go to commissioner office. Any suggestions?
I currently live in Faridabad & my permanent address as mentioned in my passport is Bangalore. I had directly gone to Faridabad commissioner's office & applied for PCC. On that PCC my permanent address was mentioned even though no verification was done for that & also all my addresses in faridabad where i had resided were mentioned.

Due to such PCC mentioning all addresses i didnt make a separate PCC from bangalore.

And regarding your doubt of making PCC for permanent address from PSK, you will have to say that you are still living at the same address, only then will they issue PCC & if you do mention that your current address is different from permanent address, then verification needs to be done for both.

Konakalla

Dec 2, 2013
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2014
File Transfer...
17-09-2014
Hi all, my application was received on the 9th may. This wait is killing me. Wanted to check what date is currently under process, by when will they be able to get to 9th applicants.

Thanks in advance.

gsingh80

Star Member
May 9, 2014
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Konakalla said:
Hi all, my application was received on the 9th may. This wait is killing me. Wanted to check what date is currently under process, by when will they be able to get to 9th applicants.

Thanks in advance.
Buddy do refer the spreadsheet for such trivial doubts.
The entries & charts will clear your queries.
http://tinyurl.com/FSW14-Spreadsheet

cjg1987

Champion Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
11-11-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
Passport Req..
09-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2015
Konakalla said:

Thanks in advance.
At the moment 7th may applications are under process. Your turn should come very soon. Have patience :D

sss1

Apr 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Med's Request
28-01-2015
Med's Done....
11-03-2015
Passport Req..
05-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-11-2015
LANDED..........
21-12-2015
Shakiratu said:
Hello Seniors,

Three questions please...

1. I have assessed my application and my points add up to 78 points. I also included my spouse's IELTS to gain 5 points. Is it necessary to include my spouse's IELTS original? If I take it out I still have 73 points which is more than enough to pass the 1st and 2nd stage. Is Adaptability an added advantage when your file gets reviewed in the Local Visa Office? Are they more likely to grant you a PR visa if your spouse has taken IELTS showing you both can easily adapt to a new country?

2. I attempted to use my credit card for the payment. But i discovered that each time I fill in my credit card number, the form changes the numbers to another set of numbers. Is this a security feature? Has anyone else experienced this?

3. Please can you confirm the Generic Form? The one I downloaded and filled last week has July 2014 datemark on it. Now on the website the form is there with June 2014. Which should I use now?

Thanks
I have a specific comment to make on point no. 2. I also found this problem with one particular software "Nitro Pro for PDF" that it would change the credit card number automatically after saving. Luckily I found it while i was rechecking the printed forms and then made the changes in Acrobat Pro/Reader with which it was fine. Initially I had also thought of it to be probably a security feature but then checked with other software which clarified the issue for me. So you and everyone else should take extra care if you are using such software. Remember, the number should remain the same otherwise CIO would definitely reject the application because of invalid card details.

gsingh80

Star Member
May 9, 2014
New Delhi
NOC Code......
GMS said:
Want to share one personal experience..

I was chasing my previous employer (L&T Ltd., India) to issue the reference letter since 2-Jun. I provided all justifications and also a draft copy for ready reference.. but HR person was not issuing the letter and stopped taking up my calls also. Then i approached HR head for his support on this matter. He too did not do anything for 2 weeks.

Then i wrote directly to the EVP (Exec Vice President) who knew me personally and requested him to intervene in the matter. I also explained that such situation encourage people to generate forged documents on behalf of company. He has now instructed HR dept to issue the letter. After one month of fight, I should hopefully get the letter.. only thing i am worried is timing.. I am getting my IELTS result on 4-Jul and i want to apply within this week.

I am applying for 0113 (Purchasing Manager).. I pray that overall cap of 25,000 remains open for another 10 days..
Even i had to go through the same experience while getting the letter from my employer JK Tyres & Ind Ltd. Had to call & personally request Vice-President for the letter & make excuses that i was immigrating with my full family & this FSW process would take 2-3 years. ;) ;) ;)

sss1

Apr 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Med's Request
28-01-2015
Med's Done....
11-03-2015
Passport Req..
05-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-11-2015
LANDED..........
21-12-2015
vivesehg said:
Shouldn't the PCC be taken from both addresses i.e. permanent and current. For permanent address we can go to PSK and for current address we can go to commissioner office. Any suggestions?
PCC is country specific and not address specific.

Shakiratu

Star Member
Apr 22, 2014
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2014
Nomination.....
04-11-2014
Med's Request
18-05-2015
Med's Done....
23-05-2015
Passport Req..
11-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2015
cjg1987 said:
Hi,

1.No advantage. Pass mark is 67. Persons with score of 67 or 100 are equally eligible.

2.It seems weird. Wait for others to confirm

3. Download the latest form now as it appears and check again before mailing the application

Thanks
Thanks for the response. In the generic form, where it asks for spouse dependent "Have you taken a test from a designated testing agency to assess your proficiency in English or French?' Do I tick YES or NO? My spouse has done the test but I may not include her result based on your last response.

Saudi Expat

Aug 25, 2013
Shakiratu said:
Thanks for the response. In the generic form, where it asks for spouse dependent "Have you taken a test from a designated testing agency to assess your proficiency in English or French?' Do I tick YES or NO? My spouse has done the test but I may not include her result based on your last response.
If you don't want to reveal the test result , don't tick this.

Konakalla

Dec 2, 2013
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2014
File Transfer...
17-09-2014
cjg1987 said:
At the moment 7th may applications are under process. Your turn should come very soon. Have patience :D
Thank you guys...

Status
Not open for further replies.