+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rumel

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
2173(Software Engr)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Doc's Request.
04-03-2015 Doc Received : 25-03-2015
Nomination.....
22-10-2014
AOR Received.
01-12-2014
File Transfer...
. Second Line : 06-08-2015
Med's Request
28-09-2015
Med's Done....
03-10-2015 Med Received : 14-10-2015
Passport Req..
06-11-2015 Passport Sent.: 08-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-11-2015 Passport Received: 06-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-03-2016
Dear Experts,

Should I have to add each position such as

2014-03~2014~06 Technical Lead rules and responsibility summary company A?
2012-03~2014-02 Lead Engr rules and responsibility summary company A?
2010-06~2012-02 Sr. S/W Engr rules and responsibility summary company A?
2008-9~2010-10 Software Engineer rules and responsibility summary Company B
2008-3~2010-09 Software Engineer rules and responsibility summary Company C

Or

2010-06~2014-06 Technical Lead rules and responsibility summary Company A
2008-9~2010-10 Software Engineer rules and responsibility summary Company B
2008-3~2010-9 Software Engineer rules and responsibility summary Company C

which is perfect and better to write?

Economic form:

Q 12a. Your work experience
Software Engineer or Software Engineers and Designers or Technical lead?

In Generic form, Intended occupation and Economic form Q. 12a Should be same or not?

FutureImmi

May 8, 2014
Anil Ch said:
Only one entry in sheet for 7th may 2014.. After than no updates... Wts up folks flood gates closed ;) ;) ;)........
You are making a dangerous assumption that all the forum members in the tracking list are honestly updating their status. I really wish they do.

jsb85

Star Member
May 22, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sss1 said:
I suggest you call/email them about the reasoning behind asking for this document and also ask them to recheck your docs while confirming to them what all documents you have already sent.
They are in a mess these days and missing a number of things so quite possible they may have overlooked something sent by you.

For quick response you can try mailing them on contactca @ wes.org. Response to my mails on this mail id was a lot quicker than the "Contact Us" form.
Hi sss1,

Thank you very much sss1 for your reply.

Yeah, i have sent them numerous email via contact us option and always received auto generated replies. Yes, i totally agree bby your point that nowadays they will be in a mess because of huge load of work on them, And i being one of the unfortunate one who became of victim of their irresponsible behaviour. :mad:

Thanks for sharing their email id will definitely ask them to re-check the documents again.

shah2014

May 1, 2014
App. Filed.......
h
@Oscar7
@Neel-here

The cost structure and affordability, in Pakistan and India are almost same. So will keep same pricing, which will help in avoiding arbitrage as well.

For Saudi Arabia (I am Saudi resident) and there is huge demand both from Locals and expats, we will be charging premium on Canada price (Tax Free income ha ;)).

Oscar7 said:
LOL, do you want your Corona beer or not (provided you really win though)? ;D ;D :p :D :D

Fall in line, and promote your friend's business....for heaven's sake! Of course we will get recognition from Canadian Immigration Association, mate!

I am working on a pricing model....pricing will vary by country..and will be a step based installment payment option
For Canada it will cost CAD 7000 overall...installment will be like CAD 1500 upfront...then next 1500 due on application submission..next due when PER received etc etc (details to follow)
For cost in India please contact Partner Oscar7 (myself)
For cost in Pakistan please contact Partner Shah2014

Special schemes for earlier candidates from this forum who applied in FSW 2014 because you were once buddies of the Partners LOL (proof to be provided though) ;)

LMAO :p

Note - Above to be taken on humor value ONLY.

Anil Ch

May 4, 2014
Sorry bro you have wrongly taken me... This forum is very helpful to all of us... 7th applications have became so slow... Just posted to find the trend

Oscar7

Apr 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jsb85 said:
Hi Oscar7,

Thanks you very much for your kind reply.

I will tell you exactly, the process i followed to get my bachelors degree (B.Tech 4yrs) evaluated by WES.
1) I selected their FSWP (Federal skilled package) of 203 $.
2) Went to my college to have my Bachelors degree (certificate and marksheet) attested by my university registrar.
3) After attestation the University people, placed the attested documents in a sealed envelope and put the university stamp on it.
4) Then i couriered the package to WES canada through TNT.
5) After 3-4 days i recieved an email from WES asking for the required documents (like 12th class certificate and marksheet) which are mentioned in the email.
6) To my utmost surprise, when i checked their website they have already accepted my bachelors degree document. But still the evaluation status showing 'Waiting for required documents'

Now, i hope i have clearly explained the process which i followed to you. ;)

I have thoroughly checked the WES required documents list for my country i.e. INDIA, in WES website it is clearly written that, if someone has studied minimum 2 years post secondary education than no need to send the Higher secondary certificates.

I'm really annoyed, what went wrong against me, why they are asking for more documents.

Can you please read the email sent by WES , what they are asking me to send , they want me to send only 12th (marksheet+certificate) or both 12th & 1oth (certificate+marksheet)?

Waiting for your kind reply.

Thanks
From what it seems, prima facie, you have unnecessarily added confusion by adding 12th documents which are NEVER required to be sent (both 10th and 12th are not needed for the ECA process), as per what little I know. I am happy to be corrected though.

Now that you have sent 12th documents it seems they are asking that to be also sent in a sealed way as is normally done for Bachelors and Masters degree. Nothing else. If in some way you can email / communicate with them saying that you made a mistake of including 12th documents and you DON'T need ECA report for 12th, my guess is your file can move forward without any requirement. Right now they think you also want 12th ECA report, is my take.

The above that you added on the process for bachelors seems alright (you did get a seal on the envelope closing area, right?) for the most part.
Dear friend it is indeed an honor to be of help to someone. Hopefully we can find the cause of this situation, and help fix it. Good luck!

royston

Apr 27, 2014
WES is really getting messier. I am stuck hanging with no response from them

I have done diploma,but my application status still says "Documents Recieved - review in progress" after sending all information in sealed envelopes, including SSC and HSC. My documents were recieved by WES on 2nd June and till date the status shows "Documents Recieved - review in progress".

I called them as well as wrote to them, just 1 standard reply, your file is being reviewed. Which Diploma did you do. In my case it was a 2 year diploma fter 12th Std (HSC) from an autonomous institute in Mumbai. The autonomy is is granted by Directorate of Technical Education, Maharshtra, and the course is equivalent to that diploma awarded by the State Board of Technical Education. I had provided all this information and also asked the college to include it in their official letter head.

shah2014

May 1, 2014
App. Filed.......
h
@neel-here
@Oscar7

No its NOT MISREPRESENTATION, as bet was placed after sending the settlement fund info. Additionally, its contingent liability (off-balance sheet).

If asked by VO, affidavit can be provided along with time stamp of forum pages to prove the same. Already saved the screen shoots, in case thread gets deleted.

neel-here said:
well, the 4 botal Cororna will be funded from your "Settlement Funds", as its a Liability- if you loose the bet :p (btw, you haven't disclosed it to CIO .. it may be construed as a potential case of 'Misrepresentation') :eek:

;D ;D

merry_ivan

Jun 6, 2014
NY
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
ack1990 said:
I put LA in my application and got PER. Not sure if it moves forward :-[
Ok, I will have a little comfort if a PER is provided. Another issue is that I did not add my spouse IELTS as self-estimated score on my application was 72. With all these things coming up, I am confused if another application will help.

abodair

May 7, 2014
Hi experts,

whats wrong with CIC , its the third working day and no PER since last week
is any one geting PER and hiding :)

Oscar7

Apr 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jsb85 said:
Hi sss1,

Thank you very much sss1 for your reply.

Yeah, i have sent them numerous email via contact us option and always received auto generated replies. Yes, i totally agree bby your point that nowadays they will be in a mess because of huge load of work on them, And i being one of the unfortunate one who became of victim of their irresponsible behaviour. :mad:

Thanks for sharing their email id will definitely ask them to re-check the documents again.
Again a mistake that you might be making. Please do not sent repeated emails. One is good enough. They are professionals and will understand the very first time. Right now they are VERY, VERY busy and repeated emails on the same situation does not help them. Just a thought!

nskatcv

Champion Member
May 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 11 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 16 2015
Passport Req..
Jul 03 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jul 08 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 09 2016
ORIGINAL QUESTION

nskatcv said:
This is about work experience.

Does any of you have some official information as to whether Postdoctoral Research experience (almost all research, and negligible pupil teaching) qualifies towards NOC 4011.

Although post docs are a normal pre-requisite for faculty positions these days, but they don't really stand true on the NOC 4011 requirements.

Another thing on the same question is whether Teaching Assistant experience gained during the PhD qualifies ? CIC says job experience must be full-time or at least 30 hrs per week, but TA's are usually 20 hrs per week. But then what if someone has more than 1 year TA experience that would effectively yield similar total hours of experience.

Thanks.

PS: NOC 4011 duties for quick reference
Teach one or more university subjects to undergraduate and graduate students (Yes in TA)
Prepare and deliver lectures to students and conduct laboratory sessions or discussion groups (Yes in TA)
Prepare, administer and grade examinations, laboratory assignments and reports (Yes in TA)
Advise students on course and academic matters and career decisions (Yes in TA)
Direct research programs of graduate students and advise on research matters (Yes in Post Doc)
Conduct research in field of specialization and publish findings in scholarly journals or books (Yes in Post Doc)
May serve on faculty committees dealing with such matters as curriculum planning and degree requirements, and perform a variety of administrative duties
May represent their universities as speakers and guest lecturers
May provide professional consultative services to government, industry and private individuals.
NIKONIKO's REPLY
NIKONIKO said:
As far as I know:

1. you can not apply for a noc by using experience for 2 different jobs:

Basic Elegibility:
We will only process your FSW application if you have:

at least one year of continuous and paid (full-time or an equal amount in part-time) work experience
in a single occupation,
within the last 10 years,

source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp

2. Teaching Assistants are classified in noc 4012

source: http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/noc/english/noc/2011/profilequicksearch.aspx?val=4&val1=4012
Thanks for the reply. I do understand one has to have the mandatory one-year experience in one single occupation (or NOC). I was just asking if I need to use the other experience (as TA) rather than of postdoc, as the main job experience (for NOC being applied).

But if the TA duties are already categorized in a separate NOC (like you pointed out for 4012), then that experience can NOT be used for the application-NOC (4011), and can only be used for 'other' work experience.

So, now I wonder if I am even eligible for 4011, seeing I was only counting for postdoc experience to become qualified for it.

Can anyone let me know if Postdoctoral Research makes for a valid 4011 approved experience, or not ?

aidin444

Star Member
Jul 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
so if I want to send by DHL the address must be:
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Federal Skilled Worker
NOC Category,
Primary NOC 2011 Code: XXXX
49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2
Canada

Do we omit arranged emplyment and PhD category, or let them be?
Also, why most people say don't send by DHL?

Status
Not open for further replies.