+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FILIPINOS Applying for FSW Page.

MMC

Jul 4, 2009
Hi!
I'm also a Filipino applicant and in the process of completing documents to be submitted mid of July.
Just want to ask those who submitted full application. How many months of bank statements did you submit? Are 6 months of bank statement accepted by Manila visa office?

Here is my timeline:

Submit application to NS: March 13, 2009
Date of Letter: April 03, 2009
Received letter to submit full application: April 31, 2009

Looking forward for your reply.

arexie

Mar 22, 2009
Thanks for the tip again JTOB. Really helpful.

Maybell - was your call from a Manila Embassy or an overseas call? I've been wondering if I did get a call thru my cell and it registered an international number... Please let me know.

Thanks.

maybell

Star Member
Mar 9, 2009
arexie, my call came from Manila Embassy, i think. Because the guy who called was speaking in tagalog. He said he was going to call back again. Hopefully when he calls i will be around already.

jtob

Feb 2, 2009
hi MMc,
6 months bank statement is what they are asking for.
i myself did not send any bank statement as i dont keep a big amount in my current account. i only sent the bank certifications and time deposit certificates. they may ask me later for updated POF.
good luck!

MMC

Jul 4, 2009
Hi Jtob,
I also don't keep a big amount in my current account. I guess will take your advice of giving 6 months bank statement. Thank you so much for your help!

God Bless.

maybell

Star Member
Mar 9, 2009
same here. I dont keep large amounts in my current account. I only submitted bank certificates for my time deposit.

mariele

Jul 10, 2009
Hi to all,

Just wanted to get some advice...

When we completed our medical exam last June, I was also tested positive of pregnancy (I also undergone xray on advise by some doctors that it was safe). The Medical practitioner, I would guess, would have included my pregnancy result in his medical findings to the Canadian Embassy.

However, and sadly, I have a miscarriage this week.

My query is: Should I inform the Medical Practitioner or the Embassy that I had a miscarriage? or shall I just leave it that way until we are requested to submit our passports for visa stamping?

Appreciate your advice...

Thanks,

Mariele

che74

Star Member
Dec 27, 2008
hello everyone...

Just received Medical and RPRF request just now...just this very minute. At last.
Hurray!!!!
Thank God for this answered prayer. The letter was dated July 2, 2009.
I have one concern.. I will still have to send the medical form of my husband to his current country of residence since he is now working outside the Philippines.
Hope everything will work out well. All glory to God.
God bless us all!!!

kuyakut

Jul 9, 2009
Hi mga kabayan,

We are planning to apply to canad thru FSW . I have read in some forum that the application must be sent directly to CIC canada office, is it true. What are the documents need for this application. Currently we are here in Singapore. How long would it take to recieve a reply that the recieve our documents. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

ebsonjohn

Jul 10, 2009
Good Day!

Finally i already found a forum i've looking for.
I've been waiting for any developments for my application. I applied my application to CIC - Manila Office
I received the following status Client Application Status Online Service

"We started processing your application on August 25, 2008.
We transferred your application to Sydney, Nova Scotia - C-50 office on March 16, 2009. The Sydney, Nova Scotia office may contact you."

and after a while it was changed to
"We received your application for permanent residence on August 1, 2008"

I have never received any mail (snail and electronic) regarding this. Can anybody help me with this?

jtob

Feb 2, 2009
congrats che!

ebsonjohn,
is it august 1, 2008 or april 1m 2009? if your noc is in 1 of the 38 you will be receiving an update letter soon.

kuyakut,
it takes only 3 day for your application to reach sydney ns. 1 week for them to asses your apllication, 1 week for them to draft a letter and up to 2 months for the letter to arrive.
so, from the date of sending to receipt of AOR to submit documents around 2 months and 15 days.

mariele,
sorry to hear about your loss. if its more than 3 weeks since your medical and the DMP haven't called you back, your file is with the embassy already. you can make a letter to the canadian embassy informing them about the situation. the miscarriage wont affect your application.

Jhunmalijan

Nov 17, 2008
Kababayan, Do you have any local number or a contact person in Canadian embassy in Manila? I just want to ask my application, my sister called the immigration in Canada and they ask to her that my papers were already transfer in embassy. Mag-antay na lang daw ako ng tawag. I-tried to called once but the answering machine response to me.