21-01-2011
Med's Done....
17-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-03-2011(pspt submitted 09-04-2011)
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2011 (passport received 17-05-2011)
LANDED..........
26-06-2011
I received a very good tip from a senior member from the other forum who previously worked as an immigration officer regarding duties and responsibilities. Applicants duties and responsibilities do not have to be necessarily identical as what are described in the NOC. The most important is that you are doing the duty listed no.1 in the NOC list. The more, the higher the approval chance. But do not include in the list duties which you are not actually doing.

You can send a nice letter to CIC to explain circumstances why some of the requirements are not available. Let them know that you are not ignoring any requirements. Just make sure in the letter give some ways CIC can cross check authenticity of the documents you submitted. Have your letter to CIC put under oath.

Senior members may have their own advices, please..

jtob

Feb 2, 2009
aspire said:
I received a very good tip from a senior member from the other forum who previously worked as an immigration officer regarding duties and responsibilities. Applicants duties and responsibilities do not have to be necessarily identical as what are described in the NOC. The most important is that you are doing the duty listed no.1 in the NOC list. The more, the higher the approval chance. But do not include in the list duties which you are not actually doing.

You can send a nice letter to CIC to explain circumstances why some of the requirements are not available. Let them know that you are not ignoring any requirements. Just make sure in the letter give some ways CIC can cross check authenticity of the documents you submitted. Have your letter to CIC put under oath.

Senior members may have their own advices, please..
that's a good tip , aspire. he is correct.

che74

Star Member
Dec 27, 2008
hello,
I may not be a senior member, but I can share my experience as regards submission of doccuments.
My spouse and I were not able to submit all required documents due to some unavoidable circumstances.
But we furnished the embassy with our explanation letters..Well, I believe, it served its purpose, because we were issued medical and RPRF fee request already..
God bless...

aspire

Champion Member
Jul 13, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2009
File Transfer...
29-03-2009
Med's Request
21-01-2011
Med's Done....
17-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
26-06-2011
che74,

Congratulations for the RPRF. I think it will be a very big help to forum members if you could share to us what were the required documents which were not available and an explanation letter was submitted in lieu of the document. We will appreciate it very much. Thank you po.

jtob

Feb 2, 2009
most of us applicants have a document or 2 required documents which we can not submit.
i myself had 2 documents missing which i also sent an affidavit of explanation.
yes, they accept letters of explanations but it will depend on the document missing. and its effect on your score.
if its a major document like NSO birth certificates, employers certificates and transcripts, NBI clearances you'll be taking a big risk if you assume that they'll just accept a letter in place.
if its a minor document like contracts of previous employers, baptismal certificates and proof of relation, they may take your word for it.
it would be wise to exhaust all means to provide the documents required, originals if available and only submit a letter of explanation if necessary. its better to be sure than regret later.

che74

Star Member
Dec 27, 2008
hello aspire,
Yes, jtob was right, MAJOR documents must be provided, such as NSO certs,etc..and no amount of explanation letter can suffice that.

In my case,however, and my spouse as well, one or two of our original employment contracts cannot be retrieved by HR, and only the photocopies were found in the files. So, the best thing we did was make a letter of explanation, saying that because of unavoidable circumstances only a copy can be furnished.
Another is that, my spouse's current employer (outside the country) did not issue an employment contract, so again another letter was made.
And thank God they accepted all the explanation brouhahas...
Hope it will work out for you as well.

God bless.

aspire

Champion Member
Jul 13, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2009
File Transfer...
29-03-2009
Med's Request
21-01-2011
Med's Done....
17-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
26-06-2011
jtob and che74,

Thank you guys. I will take note of that.

jtob

Feb 2, 2009
are there filipino Nurses here?

my daughter just passed the NLE( results just came out tonight ).
from what i've researched in the internet. an internationally trained nurse has to have a sec evaluation test before she can register for CRNE.
does that apply also to new graduates?
is there a chance for a new graduate to pass evaluation and take the CRNE?

any input will be greatly appreciated.

cathy1

Jun 16, 2009
one of the requirements for internationally educated nurses to be eligible to take the CRNE is a minimum of hours of nursing experience in the philippines after passing NLE,aside from the transcript assessment,etc. Before in british columbia after assessment you will be given the eligibility to write the CRNE exam,after dec.2008(i think) you will have to undergo SEC before being eligible to write the exam.
I suggest you prepare all the needed requirements(documentations) before you leave.I prepared all my documents here and passed the June exam in BC.

CarribRN

Star Member
Jul 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cathy1 said:
one of the requirements for internationally educated nurses to be eligible to take the CRNE is a minimum of hours of nursing experience in the philippines after passing NLE,aside from the transcript assessment,etc. Before in british columbia after assessment you will be given the eligibility to write the CRNE exam,after dec.2008(i think) you will have to undergo SEC before being eligible to write the exam.
I suggest you prepare all the needed requirements(documentations) before you leave.I prepared all my documents here and passed the June exam in BC.
Cathy1, what's a SEC? Applied for registration as well in Canada, but in my case, with the College Nurses of Ontario and they told me that our curriculum didn't match theirs. To think we are also working now in a western country. Anyways, we are still appealing it. Hope they'd reconsider eventually, otherwise, they might register us as LPN then do a bridging program if ever we want to become RN later.

Power

Star Member
Feb 4, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I suggest that you apply under CRN Manitoba. I got my eligibility in 3 months only. Just goggle the website.

jtob

Feb 2, 2009
thanks for all the information.

cathy 1,
do you mean a new nursing graduate from the PH without work experience can not take the CRN upon arrival in canada?

carribrn,
i've also heard about the LPN route for the new RN graduates but i don't really understand it. can a RN go to canada and be given a temporary license to practice as LPN and take further studies to take CRN? do you have to go through a job placement agency for this or you can apply directly?

power,
can a nurse who took the manitoba CRN practice in vancouver or ontario? i'm confused with regards to this. if you have taken the CRN in BC and want to relocate later to ontario, do you have to take the ontario CRN again? is it like the NCLEX where you can take the exam here and practice any where in the US except some states?

thanks again.

Power

Star Member
Feb 4, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi jtob, once he/she passed the CRNE of Manitoba, she/he can easily endorse the license to any province.

CarribRN

Star Member
Jul 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jtob said:
thanks for all the information.

cathy 1,
do you mean a new nursing graduate from the PH without work experience can not take the CRN upon arrival in canada?

carribrn,
i've also heard about the LPN route for the new RN graduates but i don't really understand it. can a RN go to canada and be given a temporary license to practice as LPN and take further studies to take CRN? do you have to go through a job placement agency for this or you can apply directly?

power,
can a nurse who took the manitoba CRN practice in vancouver or ontario? i'm confused with regards to this. if you have taken the CRN in BC and want to relocate later to ontario, do you have to take the ontario CRN again? is it like the NCLEX where you can take the exam here and practice any where in the US except some states?

thanks again.
jtob,

No RN from any other country can just go to Canada and practice there as an RN right away. They have to apply for registration first with the nursing council of the province where he/she wants to practice. Tis application is subject for approval. what they do is assess first your curriculum to see if it's gonna match with theirs. If not, then you will be declined and you will be given options on how you can successfully proceed with the registration as an RN. Normally, they would ask you to do a bridging program, for how long, i don't know exactly.; some say months, some say up to two years even. Another option that they can give is for you to register as an LPN. This position, like that of an RN, needs to be applied first also with the regulatory body subject for approval. Both positions, if application for registration's been approved on the other hand, will be given a go signal to take the board exam. CRNE for RNs and LPN Exam for LPNs. Its a bit of a bloody process really, especially for fresh grad foreign trained nurse. In my case, I have been an RN in three countries plus I have a two years of work experience abroad and yet they still refused my registration. I am still in the process of appealing it now. They asked me to do seven essays regarding my current practice to see if I will be able to demonstrate same nursing competencies that they have. Hopefully they will reconsider in the end. Different provinces have different set of requirements but the assessment of qualifications are almost all the same.

Power,

Manitoba? Is it easier in Manitoba? You're lucky because I've seen their website long ago and didn't see any indication that their assessment would be any easier than the other provinces. anyways, how long have you been a nurse? Maybe they approved your application because of your experience.

maybell

Star Member
Mar 9, 2009
Just wanted to share.... I just finished my medicals and as of today st. luke's told me that they have forwarded my results already. So far mabilis din it took us 2 1/2 hours to finish everything.

jtob, regarding nurse application based on my personal research for alberta you have to have credential evaluation first then apply for an eligibility to CRNE. If you have been found eligible you are given 3 chances of passing the exam (written) to be able to practice nursing in Canada. I also read somewhere that as part of the requirements one must have at least 6 months or 1125 hours of work experience (just verify i'm not sure).