+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FILIPINOS Applying for FSW Page.

maybell

Star Member
Mar 9, 2009
arexie. congratulations. Don't worry you'll be getting your medical request soon. just keep on monitoring your ecas so you'll know if it is changed to in process then you can expect the letter in the next few days. Good luck to all of us.

arexie

Mar 22, 2009
Thanks maybell. Guess what? I just checked my ECAS today and it said it's IN PROCESS... Parang kahapon ko lang nareceive yung AOR ko... and today it's IN PROCESS na... Is this good ba? Hope it is!

maybell

Star Member
Mar 9, 2009
arexie..... thats a very good sign. I had the same experience. Soon you'll be receiving a medical request too.

Power

Star Member
Feb 4, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, I am also a Nurse. I got my eligibility under CRN of Manitoba. They have just given me one year to take the examination.
my timeline:

Applied Sydney: January 29, 2009
Received AOR: February 6, 2009 (120 days to submit all the required docs)
Forwarded docuemtns to london : May 6, 2009
AOR fro London : May 12 - Happy Nurses Day
til now we have no update.

Power

Star Member
Feb 4, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi maybell, it took me 3 months for the whole process including the assessemtn from IQAS. I suggest that you start with the IQAS assessement (just goggle the site pls.) you need to submit original documents. Don't worry, they will send it back to you once assessment is completed. the next step is to fill up and forward the required documents to College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba (again, pls googgle it). they are particular with Clinical experience and IELTS (Academic Total scoreband of 6.5 and speaking 7 regardless of your score in reading, listening and writing.
Once everything is ready, they will mail your eligibility and you can register as Graduate Nurse and work.
Hope this helps.
Rearding my immigration application, I am still waiting for my documents to be assessed. My status at ecas is still received and pending for review. Hope it will change to In process and eventually medical , passport request to visa stamping, hehehe. I am very positive, huh!
Good luck to all of us..

rojani

Dec 9, 2008
got a call today from embassy, they informed me that i will recieve a refund ( 7t) for over payment and was asked as well if i'll be bringing my dependents with me. As mentioned, the letter will be dispatched today and got confused in our conversation since she instructed me also to pay the RPRF. I know that this is a positive development since she asked me if I will be coming with my dependents and need to settle payments so the case will not be put on hold. Will the letter also include an instruction for medicals?

jtob

Feb 2, 2009
congrats rojani,
they will send a medical request with the rprf payment request.
for my family, we'll take the medicals first and if there's no problem with our medicals that's the time i'll pay the rprf fee. paying the rprf now will be useless if there's a problem and delay with medicals.

CPA2CANADA

Jun 9, 2009
Calgary Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London, United Kingdom
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 1, 2009
Doc's Request.
Jun 4, 2009
AOR Received.
Aug 12, 2009
Med's Request
Sep 16, 2009
Med's Done....
Oct 1, 2009
Passport Req..
Oct 20, 2009
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 15, 2009
LANDED..........
in July 8, 2010 (Toronto)
kabayans...tanong lng po kung kailangan pa na ipa authenticate (red ribbon) ung original Birth Certificate from NSO at ung original NBI Clearance?

Salamat

jtob

Feb 2, 2009
no need to authenticate. the nso and nbi clearance are printed in security papers.
just make sure there's a dry seal and dont forget to afix your thumbmark in the nbi clearance.

CPA2CANADA

Jun 9, 2009
Calgary Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London, United Kingdom
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 1, 2009
Doc's Request.
Jun 4, 2009
AOR Received.
Aug 12, 2009
Med's Request
Sep 16, 2009
Med's Done....
Oct 1, 2009
Passport Req..
Oct 20, 2009
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 15, 2009
LANDED..........
in July 8, 2010 (Toronto)
jtob...salamat!

jtob

Feb 2, 2009
guys,
we just finished our medicals today at nationwide. it was easy naman pala. we arrived 830 i filled up 6x6 pages of forms ( had to fill it up for everybody to avoid my kids making mistakes ). started physical exam, blood extraction, urine test, and xray, all in all we finished around 11 am.
the forum members' suggestions all worked for the better. eating fresh garlic lowered my BP. drinking lots of water really helped clean the urine sample.
now it back to the waiting game.
maybell, i would definitely recommend nationwide for your medicals. good luck to your medicals.

arexie

Mar 22, 2009
Thanks for the advice JTOB. Mabilis na lang yan...
I just had my executive check-up sa medical city. Pwede kaya yung ipakita ko yung x-ray ko sa Doctor para hindi na ulitin? Sayang naman kasi... What do you think?

maybell

Star Member
Mar 9, 2009
jtob, grabe such a relief on you side that you are done with your medicals. We are doing ours on mid july since i'm quite busy with m scheds now. I just saw in one thread na your from bacolod. Ilonggo ka man gale! same here....

Did you get any call from the embasssy? I received a call yesterday but unfortunately i was out of town. Now, im getting curious about that call.

jtob

Feb 2, 2009
maybell,
yes we're also from the home of the chicken inasal.
no, we have not received any call or email from the embassy. don't go on a saturday. there's plenty of people.

arexie,
the xrays and other tests have to be done there in nationawide clinic, but if you have any proof of good health its better if you can bring and show it to the doctor.

if you plan on taking your medicals soon, its better to go there a day before to fill up the forms in advance so when you come back for medical exam the next day you'll be first.

i asked the other applicants who were taking their medicals and most of them applied in 2004.
when they asked me when i applied, I replied in January. they asked me what year? and they were all surprised when i replied january, 2009.

those who applied in 2004 are receiving their medical requests together with the 2008/2009 applicants.